sun 10 jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun 10 jan

greeneyes;788596 wrote: DG why did you think of marshy and chinese women at the Mary Kay thing?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Marshy linked an article not too long ago that had a pic from a Mary Kay rah rah event in China. They don't wear tiaras on stage, but there ARE some of those banner thingys and lots and lots of jewelry! (hey, I can deal with some jewelry prizes someday!!!! :h) Now the banner thingys...not so sure about that! :H

Marshy;788601 wrote:
    Sounds like a joke doesn't it? DG, Marshy and 900 Chinese women walk into a bar. Oh no, wait, we wouldn't be walking into a bar... :H
    :H:H:H That WOULD make a really good joke. What should the punch line be????? Inquiring minds want to know..

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

sun 10 jan

Marshy and Greenie

I understand that you don't connect with my thoughts, just like I don't connect at all with dreams about alcohol or trips to the ER, stories that have been mentioned here this week. I believe you are both long-term AF people, looking to support newbies and returnees wanting to conquor that 30 day milestone. My struggle is so different from theirs, and most days now I don't even think about drinking. But I still want to improve my life and I'm here working to do that. Thank you for your patience with me. Marshy, "the more we don't do something, the less hold it has over us", those are great word to describe my current strategy. Greenie, I don't see failure as something that is likely to happen. Failure would be returning to my old habits. I have learned too much over the past two years (since I joined) to do that. That doesn't mean that I won't always need to be careful, that is one of the many things I have learned here. But if after more AF time I still have to fight the urge to drink on Saturday night, then I will go AF. It really does help me to just have a place to write it all down so I know what I am thinking. Thanks for your questions that help me do this.

Marshy, you probably don't want to know that my husband is retired, does most of the cooking, and BUYS THE GROCERIES! I truly have a great life.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sun 10 jan

what has more chins than Rosie Odonnell?

.....a Mary Kay Meeting with Marshy!

...ta ting.... thank ya. ... thank ya vera mush....
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
        X