Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF-Daily..Monday,11th January

Hello Abbers,

Hope everyone's Monday is going well. I was meant to start back at work today, but got a call from the boss a few days ago saying that they are extending their holiday time, and hence, I don't need to go back until Wednesday!!! What a nice treat at the end of my xmas break.

We have had rainy weather here (since we bought new bikes!) but managed to get good sunny days on the Island, and I'm a lovely 'lobster' colour to prove it.

Det, I use a Canon 50D, love it, and slowly building my lenses up over the years. I'll upgrade one day, but happy for now.

Earlier today, I had a run in with our neighbour...and since, I'm feeling very upset that some people in this world can be so damd cold, nasty and mean for absolutely no reason at all....

DH took me out to a movie after, to cheer me up, which was nice, but back home now, and feeling abit crappy.

Hope your day was a good one, back when I feel abit cheerier....

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Monday to all! Still freezing here but it is sunny - that helps!

Leelou, sorry you're feeling a bit down. Rainy weather, like this freezing weather helps sink my mood too! Hope you can find something to perk yourself up a bit I like distracting myself with a good book or cooking something new....

The weather people are predicting a couple of 'warmer' days (above freezing) this week - I can't wait

Wishing everyone a good AF Monday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Afternoon lavande e Leelou. (bit of a tongue twister there -sounds as if I'm talking in a foreign language)
      Yeah, Lavade, freezing and sunny is way better than raining and cloudy.
      I bet next year's calendars will have exceptionally good winter pictures in with so much snow.
      Lobter -coloured biking eh? Now let's just see how many layers I'm wearing here.Yep. 4 at the moment with the heater going full blast. Aaaah! Seasonal fluctuations. Who'd be without them?
      Keep on keeping on

Comment

I have really had enough of the snow and ice, the novelty wore off after the first 2 days.
        I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

low-snow-threshold?
          Keep on keeping on

Comment

Can y'all spell and say WUSS?? or maybe WUSSES or maybe po' po' babies.

COM
            Com1

Comment

Hi All,
              Just checking in....day 8 and all is well.

Cold and snowing here again but it's suppose to warm up this week and be in the 40's next week, so all this snow will melt.....it'll be a mess.

Don

Comment

Hi All,
                Leelou, how nice to have a couple of more days off! I hope that the sun peeks through those clouds for you!
                Raven, hang in there! Hopefully the crazy weather that has been pounding the UK will end soon! It is one thing to live with snow and extreme cold when you are prepared for it as is your city. It is another when it is so unusual. Stay Warm!

Done....Day 8!! Yippee....you sound great! I hope that you get the forcasted warm up!

Another work week begins.....I am off to get things done!

Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello kitty kats,

Hot, hot sunshine here.
                  Nah, just kidding. Slush and more slush.
                  But I'm on a natural high today so it's fine
                  Have a happy day all!

Det - don't give up the day job, OK? :H
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi all and Happy Monday! Leelou, your new bike sounds really excited. I enjoyed reading about your trial run back and forth to work, and now you have a couple extra days off! Enjoy! Thanks for kicking things off today.

:yougo: Chief on Day 8. Wow time is really flying - I must be getting old. (NO!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!)

Hello to everyone who is in the cold and snow and slush state of affairs. I dread when everything melts with 5 dogs - 20 muddy doggy feet.

I love being unhung for my days! Went to frightfully early AA at 5AM which was a really good meeting. I love getting my head on straight to start things off! And I'm also really enjoying getting to know new people. I was isolated for so long that it has taken me awhile to get comfortable just being out and about with folks and getting to know them over time like normal people do!!

Anyway, went to my leads group meeting at 7:30 and this one is mostly women with a few brave men. One of our speakers today was the hair stylist in the group and she also does facial waxing. She said "NOTHING BELOW THE CHIN!!" And THEN she said..."the NEW thing is weenie waxing and I WON'T DO THAT!!" :H:H:H Of course you can imagine where the conversation went then and the few guys in the group were turning 9 shades of red and I can't remember when I've laughed that hard 1) sober and 2) so early in the morning!!!! Anyway, it was a fun moment to enjoy unhung.

So...OK guys. Weenie waxing? Really? Anyone actually done this????? Sounds to me like more of a punishment for wayward boyfriends/DH's if you ask me.....

Anyway.... Zoom zoom once again. Have a great day everyone!

DG

PS - Marshy you should enjoy that story on your natural high....
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all,

Day 19 for me today.

I can add to the slush, a couple of degrees C warmer and it turns to slush. The media can't seem to let go of reporting the weather, clinging on as they are to temperature and snowfall predictions, they've taken to predicting in centimetres as it sounds more dramatic than inches!

Hope eveyone's well.
                      I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

afternoon abbers!

Crikey! Weenie have hair???? :shocked:

Lovely day here! Went without my jacket for a bit! May even brave the doggie park in a moment.

ta-ta!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey everybody,
                          Another busy day: work, exercise, food, evening projects. I got some more paper in the mail to make beautiful window stars.

Hmmmm, weenie waxing: I can't imagine which end would be worse, the service provider or the recipient of this delicate service....
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Doggygirl;788979 wrote:
                            PS - Marshy you should enjoy that story on your natural high....
                            I'm definitely the least qualified person on this thread to discuss the ways of the weenie :lol3:
                            sigpic
                            AF since December 22nd 2008
                            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Weenie waxing? ok somebody has to ask: why? dear lord why?
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X