AF Thursday Jan 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Thursday Jan 14

Here we go, checked and double checked, didn't see one so will post this real quick!
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

AF Thursday Jan 14

Ok!

Nobody made a thread while I was doing this, sorry I didn't label it correctly, I'll catch on..... Off tonight so happy, try to stay up most of day, take a little nap maybe, then sleep at night like a normal person!

Day 8 for me, yesterday got a little tough but struggled through.....

Hope everyone here is well, hope it warms up here today, would like to spend some time outside w/ the horses, they need some grooming.......

Take care!!:l:h

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Good morning Abbers!

Hi MA, congrats on your 8 AF Days! That first week is a real milestone!!
      I understand the added stress of working night shifts - did it myself for years! Messed up sleep schedules, eating & exercise schedules as well...........definitely do not miss those days!

Happy to say the sun is shining here this morning & looking forward to the temp rising to 43 degrees An early touch of Spring perhaps?? Think I'll spend some time outside myself

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday. Have to get to work!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Morning abbers and abberettes!

Thanks MA for the kick awake this AM!

Hi lavande and all to come.

Spring? I AM keeping an eye out for daffs. But I'm afraid it's still just winter. Besides, the ground is frozen.

I watched Modern Family last night. Twice somehow, but it was different episodes. It was really funny! Laughter is such a good thing. I do look for it at every opportunity.

My hair always parts on the right where my cowlick is. Today it parted on the left. If you have a cowlick, you know that's next to impossible. I hope Sybil has not awakened. :H

Have a thupendous Thursday!, she thaid!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Good Morning!
          I have never had to do shift work, but I do understand how difficult it is on the body and the mind! When my husband worked the ER he worked 24 on and 24 off. It was very difficult. I still worry about his health due to sleep deprivation, even though he has worked days for years....12 hour days and up at 4:30 is really tough!

I have been watching the news about the earthquake in Haiti. This is so horribly devistating in a country that was barely recovering from the hurricanes of a year ago. This is such a reminder of how quickly everything can change! We truly need to center more on all that we do have and not on what we do not have. Gratitude is so essential to our beating addiction! Today, I am grateful for so much, love of Dave, family and friends, my home, my job, my home....I could go on and on. I am also, so very grateful for my sobriety. I shudder to think where I would be had I continued the drinking that I was doing 2 years ago!

Have a Safe, Sober, Grateful Day, All!
          Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Happy Thursday abbers! Greenie, I'm glad you liked Modern Family, I've heard mixed reviews, but I love it. Hey, I think your hair parting on the opposite side created a lisp? :-)

Kate, I agree what a horrible tragedy occured in Haiti. I don't want to get all philosophical but I choose to believe their is some important message in these types of tragedys. We don't always understand what they are right away, but if we listen sometimes we get them. One of the messages that I think you got from this was to be ever grateful for what we have, especially in the moment. For it can, and will change at any given time. It is sad when people (animals) suffer in these tragedys but I think it reminds us to be compassionate and caring and giving at all times, not just when something bad occurs.

Everyone have a great day, and think of all the wonderful things in your life at this moment.

R2C
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

I just hope the people in Haiti get the help they need, I was just watching the news and it looks messy.
              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

top of the Thursday ABerooooos!

what a fabulous sunny day here in the high Sierras.

Cowgal, so please to hear how your doing, keep up the great work hon.

LeeLou, a Canon 50D? wow! that's a dream camera. I'm saving up for the 7D because of it's video capability.

Kate, sorry I missed you on chat last night, I fell asleep with my chat window open. d-oh!

Prayers to Haiti, those poor folks can't get a break.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Hi everyone and Happy Sober Thursday! Indeed, the situation in Haiti appears to be SO horrifying. My heart goes out to all that are affected. R2C I think you are right that if we listen to the universe, it is always sending us messages. I think gratitude for my life today is a good message to take. We just never know when every single thing including our lives can be stripped away.

I'm grateful to be sober and living each day to the fullest. I would rather have only one day lived to it's fullest than a zillion unlived days of the kind I had while drinking.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

I had to start over for day 1, again, dang it...I posted on the Jan. Pact thread...I will not drink again, had several days strung together, ya'll can read on that thread, won't bore ya. I just popped my first Campral, hoping it will help, and going to a guy here in CO tomorrow that is a counselor that has 30 yrs of treating folks with alcohol issues...I'm arming myself with all the tools I can, I may stumble, but I'm not staying down! So glad all of you have it down, I will be there soon! Love to all!
                    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Hey Det....actually I went to chat early this morning....I thought it was odd to see you there so early! But you are such a sweetheart.....for letting me know what was going on!

TIT...good to hear that you are getting some additional help, campral and counseling. Beating this seem often needs and entire arsenal! You will get where you want to be....I just know it! Hang in there sweetie xxx

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

My husband was saying that they're expecting rioting and stuff in Haiti and are bringing in troops just for that. I don't really get it because there were riots in LA after that earthquake, too. Well, I went through the San Fran earthquake and there was no rioting... there was lots of beer and block parties. The video store my boyfriend at the time worked at --the girl working just walked out leaving the store wide open and the cash register and everything. We eventually got there and locked everything up, but someone coulda looted the entire store without a soul knowing. WE coulda looted the entire store without a soul knowing.

Anyway, I have a toothache and other pains today. Sometimes it just seems like this stupid life isn't worth the effort.
                        Kelly

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Kate, thanks so much, I feel like an idiot that just "can't get it"! I have to just accept that I cannot drink, and I will make it, I just keep letting the ol devil talk me into things....I will do what Chief says and get outta the ring, and just realize that I have to say NO when that voice in my head starts talking to me.... Thanks for all the encouragement, I'll let you all know what the counselor says tomorrow, I hope its a good session and I get some additional support! Love to ya all!
                          "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Day 11 here...

I'll be offline for a few days. We're going to Michigan to see my FIL who is fighting lung cancer. We're leaving tomorrow and will be back Monday pm....

Be good and strong everyone.....

Don

Comment

AF Thursday Jan 14

Take good care of yourself Don. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family and sending you strength, comfort and support.

Stay Strong,
                              xx Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X