Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily, Friday, 15th January

Happy 10th Anniversary to me and my DH!

Just got back from a seafood picnic at the park we were married in, by car, not bike, but delightful, relaxing under the stars, watching the world go by! And we were both admitting that the next decade has opportunities beyond our plans, ready for the picking!

This is an incentive we as a couple have since our kids are all grown up.. To embrace life and be abit selfish for what we want to do!

AF is the only way I will be able to be a part of the exciting adventures ahead, and I'm grateful that I am aware of that, and that I know there's so much more to my life than AL!

Love to everyone.....

Good morning Abbers!

Happy anniversary Leelou! It's nice to hear that you have a dream for a future together

Another busy work day ahead for me but I will get outside & enjoy the sunshine for a few minutes here & there. Gotta enjoy it while it's here!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning abbers!

Leelou, what a nice start to the day! A lovely, loving picture you painted.

Lavande, busy here too. I have to go do the things that need go doing before lunch because after lunch Friday traffic is obscene.

It got up to a whopping 51 yesterday! I almost washed the car :H Still cold enough to put on yet another pot of soup. I think it'll be vegetarian split pea. I got some oysters on sale and will make oyster stew for my dad as a suprise. He used to LOVE oyster stew. The nursing home food, is just well.... nursing home food. I have recently been feeling OK there. No, not OK, but better. It was about 2 years before I went there sober. A lot of my "stuff" is packed in that little room and it needs sorting.

Have a frictionless friday!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy anniversary Leelou!

Enjoy the sunshine Lav. I can't remember what the sun looks like.

Greenie - mushroom soup for me today. Deeeelicious. I made it before coming to work, so I could have it tonight when I finish late, but I had to sample a bowl (with a cheese roll). There was a funny piece on the radio about how we're all suddenly eating like Siberian navvies because it's been so cold. Much warmer today, though, so no excuse really!

Have a god day all!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Oh, that should be "good" day, but whatever floats your boat.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Marshy, I made portabello mushroom soup yesterday! MMMMMM good!
            sigpic

Comment

Hello friends.

I'm sorry I have been absent lately--I want you all to know that I read the posts here daily and enjoy it immensely! :H:H

LeeLou--I just wanted to say good for you and your DH and Happy Anny! I really hope my hubby and I can grow closer and enjoy the rest of our days happily. It will take some work and I know I will eventually have to take that giant leap and ask him to work on some things with me. It is so scary considering we have had most of our "deep" conversations under the influence.

I'm really starting to love this AF lifestyle and more and more don't really care what others think--honestly they don't probably care at all either! :H There is just no way I could keep up the pace I have to with the work I'm doing and 2 boys active in so many things. I'm glad I don't have to spend time wishing I could be somewhere else smoking and drinking instead of at a school or church activity! Like DG always says, I spent so much of my time either thinking about drinking, drinking, and suffering the consequences of drinking. Ugh!

CS04 mentioned a book on another thread that I thought sounded interesting. It is called "Face to Face" and a pretty good read so far. I think I might have my teenage son read it as well. It is about the founder of Moderation Management that got drunk and killed a man and his daughter on the interstate. I can't even begin to imagine the horror of living after doing something like that!

Greenie, could you please come over to my place and whip up a few batches of soup for me? If I could get an extra hour or two, I want to throw some veggie soup together so I can grab it when I'm on the go. I'm doing really well on my January diet and exercise plan. I'm eating much more healthy and Zumba class twice a week and yoga once a week. I need to rev up the sauna again too, I guess hubby isn't going to get the wiring fixed, so I might have to tackle that--could be a shocking experience!:H

Love you guys! Have a great weekend! :h And BTW Marshy--I think I'll use that too--have a GOD day!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

TGIF everyone! Actually, I used to look forward to the end of the work day Friday (the earlier the better of course) as that generally meant 2.5 days of uninterupted drinking time ahead. These days I feel like each day has something good to be enjoyed in it, so unless there is a particularly special thing going on, Friday is good but so is Tuesday or Sunday or whatever. I know that probably sounds sappy but it's just the truth as it now is for me, and for that I'm grateful!

Leelou, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Your time in the park where you began your life together sounds wonderful. And how cool that you can share your hopes and dreams for the future, and be on the same page with that. Life is just SO much BIGGER without AL in it, isn't it? Your post brought me a very big smile!

LVT, I've not read that book and probably SHOULD read it just as added reinforcement to my need to stay sober. There is a woman who I often see at AA who was driving drunk with her fiance in the passenger seat. She got into an accident, and her fiance died. She has gone through hell getting past that. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. I am appalled when I think about the times I drove while intoxicated and am just grateful beyond belief that nothing tragic ever happened. Lucky lucky lucky girl I have been.

Greenie and Marshy - please pass the soup!! I would love your recipes for mushroom soup. I dehydrated some fresh portobello's (sp) last summer and would LOVE to make some soup! They work out really well to rehydrate and add to stew and stuff too. I heart my dehydrator.

Lav, hope you are enjoying the sunshine! You are so cheerful, I think of you having your OWN sunshine that you carry around with you. Yepper, I AM feeling sappy today!

It's figure skating heaven for the rest of this week and all of next! Bring on the sequins boys!!!!

Happy Unhung Friday to all,

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

super soups by the sounds. I made tofu chow mein.
                  I am glad someone is getting some sunshine...
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

DG, mine is sort of a combo of two recipes with my substitutions. Of that, I am very proud. Seriously! I would be so toasted I could barely follow a recipe, much less improvise. I'll put it in recipes soon. I thnk I'm going hooping tonight. There is a guest drummer with the drumming circle from W. Africa. Cool, huh?
                    sigpic

Comment

Greenie, I will look for your recipe.

Raven.joy, I bet you are a FABULOUS cook.

I'm hungry. Tomorrow is my weigh in and pics for my weight training program. I smell I piggie pork out coming after that.... :H

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It was mushroom soup for me today too - Yum!
                        I get insanely fresh mushrooms directly from the growers around here - 3 lb. box for $4!
                        Can't beat them
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

soups on! last week I made a velvety sumptuous potato/mushroom soup that we devoured immediately. I outdid myself. the secret? put the soup in a blender and while blending on high speed drizzle in a bit of truffle oil. wooooo doggy!

Don, be strong on your travels, sorry to hear your still dealing with challenging situations, tho I must say you sound amazing lately.

feeling good here, though I haven't exercised since last Sat. bad bad! back at it tomorrow.

be well friends
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

ps...Lavande I'm soooo jealous of your mushrooms!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

hey all!

Day 8, feeling pretty good, went to an aa meeting today, then out for lunch, then apartment seeking......................found one I really like,pretty close to work, can take Zac to schoolant pick him up, if I take that other job...................we'll see.........................

off to work in a bit, feeling a little better today, still sick tho,,but this too shall pass, right!?

lots of love,:l:h

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X