X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Rise & shine Abbers!

I'm up & thinking about getting my day started at some point :H

It's very cold here today.........will be burning a lot of firewood! Just hope we don't end up with snow this weekend

I have about half a day of work ahead of me - not bad! Think I'll get a pot of mushroom soup going too - yum

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Where have all the AF daily thread slackers been all week? Busy like me I imagine--but not busy drinking!
    So great to see Cowgal again!

I was up early again today to take my son to b-ball practice (which they didn't have) so maybe I'll get a little more done. I've started transferring video tapes to the computer so I can put them on DVD's for safe storage. What a time consuming process! But fun watching!

Have a great weekend everyone! :h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Wood fire & mushroom soup sounds grand Lav! I'm at work eating kiwi fruit - pretty good too

Hi LVT, sounds like a fun project.

This Van Gogh exhibition is on my "to do" list in my time off but I just phoned for tickets and it's booked solid for the next week, and they said to call at least a week in advance. I really don't like huge crowds at exhibitions but I guess it's inevitable for this one.

The Real Van Gogh: The Artist and His Letters - Exhibitions - Royal Academy of Arts
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Morning abbers and absentees!

Marshy I thought the Mellon logo was an arrow to enter the site and I kept clicking on it. :H:H Maybe if you get a weekday ticket and go at opening it won't be as crowded.

Cold and gray here too lav. I had a wicked heating bill last month. Geez, I dress warmly in the house. What's next, break out my fingerless gloves? :H

The Dr. Bernie Seigel telecast last night was very good. What an amazing man! Here's the link to the replay for today if you're interested. Event: January 28 9 PM Eastern

Work, work, work today. Enjoy yours!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Happy Friday Abbers! I found this quote on the Daily Recovery Website and I thought, how true and wanted to share this with you.

An alcoholic spends his life committing suicide on the installment plan.--Laurence Peter
          It would almost be funny, if it wasn't so true. Everyone have a great day. I'm off to see my Dad and stepmom tomorrow for the weekend. Should be and adventure. Thank goodness I'll be doing it sober.

R2C
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
          :h

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Hello Everyone,
            Just popping in to say hello -in a very busy phase right now - but still AF!
            Hope you're all doing fine.
            BebacksoonX
            Suni
            Keep on keeping on

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Hello Abbers! Here and sober, just finishing off a very busy week! I couldn't have done it - not even close - in the drinking days. I am SO grateful for sobriety!

Yummy I want mushroom soup in my tummy! Hope it turns out good Lav!

LVT - the video project sounds long!!

Marshy has your vacation started yet? I hope you are able to get in to see the exhibit while you are off!

Greenie, thank you for the link. I just listened to a bit of the intro and it sounds very interesting.

R2C, that quote IS sad but true, IMO. Sister and I were just talking today about her brother who was also an alcoholic - a deeply depressed one. (he committed suicide) We talked about how cunning, baffling and powerful alcohol truly is. It's a depressant that somehow manages to convince us that it will "lift our spirits" and "make us feel better." Like Jack the Ripper someone convincing me that he really just wants to take me out for an ice cream cone or something. Insidious. At any rate, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Hi Suni! Good to hear that your AFness is going strong.

Our regular business has been really really busy this month, thank goodness! In addition, I had a very busy Mary Kay week with 2 training sessions that were terrific, and 3 client facial appointments which were all fun and produced good results I think!! (I love seeing women smiling at themselves and feeling fabulous!! What a fun career!!) Also met with my AA sponsor today to start review of Step 12. NO WAY could I have juggled so many balls - and especially with a good attitude - back in the dark drinking days.

For anyone struggling, keep hope. This time 3 years ago, and then again after my 2007 relapse, I saw NO reason to live. I really wanted to end it all. My life is so different now. It's not always easy. Every day isn't "perfect." (are any of them "perfect?" I don't think so....) But I am no longer wallowing around in my own darkness trying to figure out if there is any reason to live. And if I can do it, so can you.

Strength and hope,

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 1/29

Aloha Friday ABerooooos!

no longer an absentee AF vote here. just been mucho busy in the corporate vortex.

Ready2, what a good yet creepy quote.

DG, step 12? wow you over achiever you so proud of you hon.

i posted a really cool video link in the 'geeks and nerds' thread. fun stuff.

I'm so glad to be over this stupid stomach flue! weeeeeee! eating like my piggy self again.
                hope to be back to martial arts class tomorrow if it's not snowing too bad (classes are outdoors even in rain, ice, whatever) makes things interesting to say the least.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X