af daily sun 31 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sun 31 Jan

Morning all - I slept for about 11 hours last night - was woken by my guest about 11pm halfway through Sopranos - woops!
    Luckily we know each other well enough for that just to be funny rather than rude.

Well it's skating again today for me, loving it - I can feel I am getting better too at the moment which is a nice feeling.
    Well clothes washing beckons, a bit of tidying and a bubble bath before then.

Well it's day 15 af here and day 21 nf - stacking up nicely - definitely one day at a time for me now.
    one day at a time

af daily sun 31 Jan

Good morning Bear! Aren't you glad you are unhung today for a GREAT skating session? :H on falling asleep during the Sopranos. I nearly always fall asleep when we watch a movie in the evening. Please tell me it's not a sign of age! (my Dad always falls asleep too!)

I can't believe today is the last day of January! It feels like time is flying. I need to spend some time this afternoon looking over the February calendar of stuff, and making sure I am organized for a busy schedule! Yesterday I ended up spending a lot of time on here which was very nice, and time here is important to my sobriety. But today I better get busy with some other things piling up on my desk!! So if you see me on-line all afternoon, come :b&d: me and tell me to go get busy!

This morning I will do my usual Sunday morning - AA meeting then to the gym. After the gym I may go back to another AA meeting as a friend is the Speaker today. He recently celebrated his one year anniversary. He has a great attitude and is also very funny so it should be a good speaker meeting! His family life was in the toilet too and now that has turned around. His wife is very nice and I'm sure she will be there.

Anway....zoom zoom as our garlicky friend would say!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

Hello abber dabbers,

11 hours of sleep sounds like heaven, bear. Maybe I'll get in a few of those now I'm off work for a while :muahaha:

DG - you're pricking my conscience about going to the gym. Still, I'll have more time for that in my time off work :muahaha:

This afternoon I'm meeting a friend who's just split up with her girlfriend and is miserable. We're going to go for a long park/canal walk so she can talk about it all.
      I'm so glad I can devote more time to friends now instead of making excuses so I can stay home and drink, or try to steer any occasion into the pub and spend time thinking about that rather than the important stuff.

Have a sober day everyone!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

Frozen morning here! I have on a coat while the house temp rises.

Bear I'm so happy to hear how good you feel today! A bubble bath is somewhere in my day as well.

I happen to be the queen of sleeping through movies.... I even slept through Beowolf in the movie theatre. :H

Marshy that is great that you will meet friend for a walk. Discussing sadness over drinks would only end up making both people feel bad, but it is usually the choice.

I've got a meeting tomorrow to prepare for and the piles of paper for it are staring me in the face. I'll have a busy, busy day and week. DG boot me off here too. The temptation is strong when I'm sitting right at the computer!

rub it in, marshy... rub it in...:H

Have a great AF one!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

Good morning Abbers,

Last day of January is a frozen one here with a couple inches of snow on the ground......Brr!!!!

Congrats on your decision to stick to your guns bear! Good for you!

Marshy, I'm sure you will be a great comfort to your friend today! Happy vacation time to you

DG & Greenie - I probably will spend some time shuffling papers at my desk today as well! Later this afternoon I will be involved in helping our daughter & son-in-law move. Fun fun

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

hi people!

checking in, i'm unhung and feeling good.

glad to see the gang is still here!

peace

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

greeneyes;799055 wrote:
              rub it in, marshy... rub it in...:H
              :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

Peace - good to see you back!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily sun 31 Jan

Top of the Sunday ABerooooos!

just got back from a fabulous day at the shooting range with an AF friend. long range shooting involves a LOT of walking/hiking over rough territory in the sun. what a wonderful day

11 hours of sleep Bear? you may be finding an Olympic discipline...hmm.... I could excel in that also.
                it would be like watching a tennis match...in a library. ahahahahaha. oh dear I've lost my mind.

arriety then, got guns to clean, dinner to prep and wife to squeeze on.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X