Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD Daily February 4

Good morning Abbers!

Lovin the sunshine outside my window today - hear there is a 'significant snowstorm' on the way tomorrow. I never order these storms, I don't know why they keep coming :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AD Daily February 4

it's snowing here in western most nebraska, it's coming your way lav!

i'm kind of over winter, although it hasn't been as bad as in past years due to the amoryn (st. john's wort) i've been taking. i really think it is helping. my husband is even taking it now. it is supposed to be effective for seasonal affective disorder (i question disorder, maybe just a natural response to less sunlight, but whatever!).

i'm happy to be unhung and feeling strong. still shaky sometimes, but back on track!

enjoy this day all!

peace
    :h

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Morning abbers!

Lav I had that yesterday. Someone said to me "What's that yellow stuff outside?" I walked over to the window... What yellow stuff? He said "Is it sunshine?" :H Well, that was yesterday. The rain front is moving in for the weekend. It's hard to keep dry food in the birdfeeders. I get such joy from the birds though, I do my best to take care of them.

Well, more working from home today I guess. All dressed up and nowhere to go. :H I do have a few appts. downtown this afternoon which will be here before I know it. It's good to have things planned later in the day and you know you'll be in perfect shape to attend.

Peacenick, do I recall something about taking St. John's wort on a temp. basis, not long term? I can't quite remember. Have you thought about L-theanine?

Have a thrilling thursday!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Hello all! Lav thanks for starting us out today. I nominate YOU for the MWO Chipper Award. (it comes with a tiara, and pictures are a must!)

Peace it's great to have you back amongst us! Glad you are getting through this winter with a little less trouble this year. I too am ready for spring / summer and more sunshine and longer days!

Greenie, as a doggy person, you can only imagine what the term "yellow stuff" makes me think of. As long as it's out doors, it's generally OK. If anyone were to start asking "what's the yellow stuff" INdoors....OH MY! :egad: I too LOVE being ready to get up and go later in the day. I was defnitely a prisoner if I didn't have morning appointments. Then I would be cancelling any afternoon commitments due to my dates with AL.

We are supposed to get an inch of snow here tomorrow, then another inch tomorrow night. So I guess whatever is going on in Nebraska must be heading east! Yesterday was Sister's friend and former sponsor's birthday - she is 29 of course. (78 actually, but don't tell) We are all taking her out on Saturday morning along with Sister for a birthday breakfast. I am :H watching how Sister "works things" to give her friend a fabulous birthday get together - no vow of poverty is getting in the way of her workin' it out. This stuff of my life is just priceless to me! :H

Well, I have the monthly Council for Working Women lunch today. I am focused on getting more engaged and really making an effort to get to know people instead of just yawning through this thing. Per my revelation yesterday, drinking CAUSED my boredom and isolation. I need to take responsibility for turning both of those things around. Good stuff in life doesn't just land in our laps.

So..I'm gonna go out there and get me some GOOD stuff of life!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AD Daily February 4

The snow is over here luckily. My eldest son is 20 tomorrow and home from uni. I am so glad to be sober and present instead of all dozy and drunk like last year.
          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AD Daily February 4

hi ravenjoy how you doing

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Happy thursday ABerooooos!

so stinking busy I about lost my head today. whew! things are a tad calmer now. really i shouldn't complain....lotta folks out of work entirely

Raven, you have every right to be a proud man.

Peacenik, this winter hasn't affected me as adversely as it normally does either. a good thing for sure.

ok everyone, eat all your vegetables and be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Raven.joy;801044 wrote: The snow is over here luckily. My eldest son is 20 tomorrow and home from uni. I am so glad to be sober and present instead of all dozy and drunk like last year.
                :yougo::yougo:

Determinator;801188 wrote:

ok everyone, eat all your vegetables and be well
                May I please have some chocolate? NOW?? Sorry work is nutty for you Deter. Hang on- weekend is almost here!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Determinator;801188 wrote: eat all your vegetables and be well
                  Shouting out for cabbage :H

Got home at 10.30 tonight after a busy day topped off with an AA meeting. Cold, hungry, footsore. Boiled a cabbage - can't beat it!

Now off to bed to digest like a snake - lying still for 10 hours :H

Night all!
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Marshy, I LIKE cabbage. I have some here too. OK it's settled. No chocolate tonight. Cabbage.

Are you having fun with your time off work????? 10 hours of sleep sounds like heaven.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AD Daily February 4

im addicted to cabbage!
                      i eat it all winter like crazy...i make cole slaw, roast it with potatoes, put it in soups...mmmmmmmm, cabbage!

Comment

AD Daily February 4

grenie, i am taking the amoryn during the fall/winter to cobat "s.a.d" . i take l-glutes, but am not adverse to any aminos, so i'll try them. i've also been sure to take quite alot of vit d and flax to help with mood as well.

cheers!

Comment

AD Daily February 4

Hmm, roast cabbage. Will have to explore.

DG - I nearly got poked in the eye by a woman wielding a Mary Kay umbrella yesterday (with pink logo) :H I don't think I'd heard of MK before you mentioned it and now it's everywhere!
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AD Daily February 4

I have roasted a whole cabbage in the oven before and it is great. I saw it done on TV on the grill. You cut out the core and put some butter and S&P in there and wrap it up in foil and stick it in the oven/grill with the cored part on top so the stuff runs all through. Wow!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AD Daily February 4

i just chop it into about 8 large pieces, quarter a couple onion and large dice some potatoes, coat lightly with olive oil, s&p and throw it in the oven at 375 until it all gets golden and scrumptious. i also do that with cauliflower...HEAVENLY!

Comment

Working...
                              X