Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Friday - February 5

Good morning Abbers!

The sunshine has gone - snow clouds movin in...........hearing crazy predictions of up to
    24" of white stuff to fall today. Oh well, can't do anything to stop it

Peace, I admit to being a cabbage lover too - yum
    Glad to hear you like the Amoryn. I've been on it a little over a year now & I swear it has helped me so much! Getting my depression under control has allowed me to do so much, that's how I got here!!

Marshy - 10 hours of sleep - I'm profoundly jealous
    Good for you, enjoy your time off!

Have a wonderful AF Friday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Friday - February 5

Hi all,

happy Friday!! I have had a good week, unhung and enjoying each moment!

Enjoying riding my new bike, it's been wonderful and we have fantastic bikepaths around our city...

The sunshine has been great too!

Went to a comedy show tonight, first time ever.... Had a good laugh and a relaxing end to the week!

It's been a good week in regards to reflection, surrender, admitting to being powerless to AL until I make the change and take control!

one thing that resonates to me is the profound realization that my addiction to AL was more powerful than what should have been my healthy addicition to life, family, friends, opportunity, experiences, mystery, kindness, and love!

I don't know when it took over, but I'm aware that it has taken so much time and experience from me!

I think it's time I take the reins and make some changes!

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Hello friends.

24"!!! That's a lot of snow, Lav!! We got about 3 inches yesterday--nice, wet snow. No wind.
      I don't mind the snow much, but we had 2 days of 50 degrees which left me longing for spring! I am grateful we have seasons though!
      I've got the rotten cold! That explains the fatigue I've been experiencing. It could be worse so I'm not even going to complain!
      I guess since I took a nap, I had trouble falling asleep last night. I kept going over and over in my head the conversation that will probably come up as I travel to Vegas with my friend on the 15th. Why did I quit drinking, and why don't I try drinking again? It is a very long story, so I guess we'll have plenty of time to discuss it. I am anxious about this trip. I have never flown without a few drinks to calm my nerves, and of course never been to Vegas without drinking. I don't really feel tempted, because it has been so long now, that I would get drunk really fast and be so damn sick I wouldn't be able to attend any of the meetings I need to go to. I don't want to be a party pooper either, but this friend will understand. I guess there is enough to do there to keep me awake past 9 pm!
      Have a great weekend all! :h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

morning lv, leelou and lav...the three l's!

i'm really focusing on being grateful for sobriety...it feels good to be positive and forward thinking instead of mourning the loss of my friend (al) and spending time thinking about it.

onward and upward!

hi all!

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

It's good to see you again Peace! I love cabbage too, but my family hates it and hates when I eat it, but I'm going to try fixing in the way you and greenie suggested!

I have it recorded, and need to watch more closely, but I am seriously bummed out because Dr. Oz says the mineral makeup I have grown to LOVE because of a thread on here way back--is bad for us! Something about inhaling the fine particles???? Kate, have you heard this? I'll check it out some more.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

lv good to be back posting...i was awol from posting, but still lurking!

your family migh like cabbage roasted...if not, more for you!

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Morning abbers!

I am really happy about my routine of being dressed for work when I work at home. (if you call this work :H) Seriously, I'm much more in the groove. A bit of structure does wonders for me.

Lav i saw that 1 to 2 feet prediction! We have rain and the rivers were raging yesterday even before it started.

Leelou, I love your phrase taking the reins! Giddyup!!

Peace, grateful indeed! I try to stay that way.

LVT, are you talking about the pressed powder you brush on your face? I have that. Can't you just hold your breath? Hey, try to see Cirque de' Soleil when you are there. They have some good roller-coasters too! You'll be fine. Stay hydrated and fed.

Happy Friday!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Hello abbers,

Two feet of snow, Lav? Britain would just stop working if we got that - we're not good at coping with snow, even though it happens year in, year out...

Leelou, a comedy show sounds great. I need something to lighten me up at the moment.

Now then - the important stuff. Greenie & Peacenik, are we talking about what I would call a Savoy cabbage? (Dunno if it has the same name there) Does that roast well? These are my faves, I not a big fan of the hard white cabbage.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1151187=5476-attachment.jpg[/img]
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

I just used green cabbage (which is prob what you call hard white) but I think the savoy would be even better.

How about a piccie of your 10 hour bed hair to perk us up?
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

greeneyes;801566 wrote:
                    How about a piccie of your 10 hour bed hair to perk us up?
                    :H :H :H

Unfortunately, I was up at 5am worrying about all sorts of nonsense (see long-term abs).

I'll try for 10 hours tonight!
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Hello, Happy Friday Abberoos!

Wow! I saw the snow in the East today on the news...Lav and others in the area, stay warm and safe!

Greenie, as you know, I also work from home and have for most of my career. I find it absolutely critical to shower and dress as I would if I were going to an outside office. It keeps me professional and focused! I crack up when I tell people that I work from a home office and their reaction is, boy! must be nice to sleep in and hang out in your pajamas all day!! LOL....the fact is, working from home takes tremendous dicipline!

Marshy, I hope that you can relax and rest.......perhaps a cup of Sleepy Time Tea.....

Have a great Friday All!
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Hi all! Sending snow melting vibes to all those who are expecting these extreme amounts of snow!

I think we need bed head piccies of Marshy regardless of how many hours it took for the "do." Marshy I read your other thread and I too think about that each time I hear about relapse. When I first started going to AA, dealing with my irrational fear of relapse was one of my biggest concerns. I humbly do not know why, but for the moment the obsession (in all it's forms - including fear of relapse) has been lifted. I am just thankful for that and enjoy each day it stays that way. (please please please stay away from me relapse worries!!!!!)

I've never made roasted cabbage and BOY does that sound good!!!

I work from a home office too but these days, am usually dressed up in the early AM as I have various meetings that start pretty early most days. Keeps me honest I guess! In my old corporate job when working from home, my boss would say "we get a free jeans day on Friday because we made our team goal..." or some such. A few of us work from homers would always say "you mean we have to dress up????" Those were my drinking days. You ladies are right - I'm so much more productive with no jammies and no AL all day!

Hello to all and have a terrific sober day! The phones are quiet and I'm tired after a busy week and am considering a nap. That is part of my "marketing plan" as I'm 100% sure that activity would make the phone ring.

Grateful to be sober today,

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Doggygirl;801653 wrote: When I first started going to AA, dealing with my irrational fear of relapse was one of my biggest concerns. I humbly do not know why, but for the moment the obsession (in all it's forms - including fear of relapse) has been lifted.
                          Most of the time, the obsession has gone for me too. Today it just seems close to the surface. I saw a woman in the supermarket earlier buying a load of beer and her hands were shaking so badly she had trouble getting the money out of her purse. I sure as hell don't want to be there in 10 years time.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1151344=5483-attachment.jpg[/img]
                          sigpic

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Marshy;801726 wrote: Most of the time, the obsession has gone for me too. Today it just seems close to the surface. I saw a woman in the supermarket earlier buying a load of beer and her hands were shaking so badly she had trouble getting the money out of her purse. I sure as hell don't want to be there in 10 years time.

Oh me either Marshy. Me either. I was there already, so many times. In the grocery store early in the morning "getting my fix" as surely as a junkie would do. And I'm sure anybody who had the slightest clue what they were looking at probably felt toward me as you felt toward that woman with the beer and the shaking hands.

I never want to be in that place again. Please please please no.......

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Friday - February 5

Marshy;801726 wrote:
                              PS...

Is that you with bed head????

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08