Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily-Friday 2/19

Morning, Lovely Morning!!

Sunrise girl is having trouble getting started - I tried to watch the figure skating and of course I slept through the last three. Grrrrrrr!!!! Anyone know where I can see a replay? There is a window that pops up that says "See Evan's gold medal performance" but you have to upgrade to something and I'm not on my computer....

Well if that is my biggest complaint today, I shall have yet another glorious day! I had a devine lunch at a little place and chatted with the man beside me who turns out went the the same university as myself. The lunch special of blackened cobia over white beans with salsa and arugula was delish and the chef looked at my plate and asked me if he could bring me a rubber spatula. Funny because we were just laughing about me not licking my plate :H Yesterday included 7 letterbox finds! Two were on a wooded trail that went to the sound. Little doggie and I had a great walk. One was near the Wright Brothers Memorial and when I parked and was reading the clues I saw a flock of birds and realized it was yellow rumped warblers (without my bird book!) I finished off the day with a little star gazing in the hot tub. And these dogs are the sweetest in the world.

I thought about the things like that that give me such simple pleasure and realize that being AF I am much like a kid again in the exuberance I feel towards little things. Joy and wonder have returned to me and I will never ever let them go!

Have a FABULOUS friday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF daily-Friday 2/19

greeneyes;808439 wrote:
    I thought about the things like that that give me such simple pleasure and realize that being AF I am much like a kid again in the exuberance I feel towards little things. Joy and wonder have returned to me and I will never ever let them go!
    Good morning Greenie and all to come! Thanks for getting us started. I'm so glad you posted what you did. Between the arm and the sore throat I was feeling a tad bit sorry for myself and your post is just the reminder I needed to look around me and consider how terrific my life truly is right now. I really enjoyed reading about your lunch and your letterbox finds and your walking with little doggie. I felt for a moment like I was right there with you!!

I'm glad I have rested the arm this week even though I have felt like a slug not doing my normal stuff. It really is feeling good. I have a D.O. appointment this afternoon and am looking forward to finding out what it will take to rehab it safely so I can get back to weight training. I did some dreadmill time yesterday and the arm motion of walking (even faster pace and up hill) didn't bother me at all. So I'm going to do that today. (penance for my sugar binges until 2 days ago!) The sore throat stinx but I'll just have to drink fluids, get plenty of rest, blah blah blah for that.

Greenie, it sounds like you already found the video section on the official NBC olympic site. So if that doesn't work, you might have to wait until you get home! I did a quick check on youtube to see if anything came up there, but I suspect NBC is stalking youtube heavily and making sure nothing ends up there. But if I come across anything I'll let you know. I too fell asleep. When I woke up I picked up where I left off with Tivo. Then as soon as Plushenko started skating, the recording ended. I didn't have it set to do any overtime for live events. :upset: So I'll be looking for that recording too! All in all, more disasterous skates than great ones, unfortunately. Happy for Evan though as he clearly worked very hard for this and kept it humble. Ice Dance starts today. BRING ON THE DIVA's!!!

I'm so happy that despite being cooped up this week, I have had ZERO thoughts or urges to drink. That is great progress considering what a week at home would have meant in my not so distant past. :yougo:

Have a great day everyone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

schleeepy greetings boys and girls. whew. this hotel room is too noisy to sleep in very well. going to be a long day for garlic breath.

Greeneyes and Doggygirl, nice to see you two so bubbly and bring this early. ice dancing? that sounds cool. ok, stumbling off to find starbucks.

weeeeeee thud
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

Good morning Greenie & DG,

Greenie, I'm hearing the sounds of happiness coming from you - that's wonderful! We should all feel so happy & unencumbered Despite the tons of snow around here I have been getting to my birdfeeders & keeping them filled. I've never seen so many happy birds in my life! I'm sure my deck will be covered with bird poop when this snow melts. I'll take care of that later with the power washer!

DG, my apologies for yesterday's confusion. It dawned on me, several hours later that you were most likely talking about Sugar Free Hope all goes well with your Doc visit today. Temps in the low 40's again today so the melting continues - we still have tons of snow left, this is gonna take a while!

Time to get to work, have been putting stuff off all week.
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

Hello friends!

I arrived home from sunny, warm, t-shirt weather Las Vegas to cold, snowy Nebraska last evening. It was good to be home, but I was really liking that warm desert sun!

It was a fun trip. We didn't have much free time, which was not all bad. The convention was great, got in a little shopping, ate some good food, and took in a couple of great shows. One of the drug companies sponsored a concert featuring the group "Foreigner" for any of you 80's bands fans which was really good--plus free. The next night we saw Criss Angel at the Luxor. My kids were so jealous! He is a good entertainer.

This was my 5th trip to Vegas, and first one without alcohol or gambling. Since we had very little free time, it wasn't hard at all. My friend drank her share one evening only, and it was entertaining. I'm afraid if we would have had too much time to spare I would have been tempted to say what the heck and have a few beers with her. It was also the first time I have been anywhere in a long time where it is ok to smoke indoors. I will admit to having a twinge when we were sitting at the bar visiting. BUT, in the past I missed out on so much because once I started drinking, I wanted to continue......So, before the concert I had a frappucino from Starbucks while she drank whiskey. I know for a fact, I felt way better than she did the next day. I also couldn't help but feel I was cramping her style a bit and I probably talked about NOT drinking too much, but I don't think she really minded.

I did make time to check in here and even posted a reply once, but I don't think it came through. :upset: Anyway, I'm a few days late, but I think I will give up sweets for Lent. I'm still using creamer in my coffee, and probably won't be able to cut out sugar entirely, but I gave away the rest of the bag of Valentine M & M's, and will not be eating any desserts or cookies, or ice cream for awhile. :upset: But that's ok, it is a wonderful test and a great way to honor the Lord.

Greenie, I really am envious of your current "babysitting" position. What a great opportunity!

I have a super busy day ahead of me, so I better get going. Have a great weekend all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

I am glad to having as fine a day as most others on here today, glad to hear you are all so well. I am soo glad work is over till Monday.
            I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

winter is hammering me!

i saw two huge great horned owls fly out of some trees about 20 feet from me, it was INCREDIBLE!
              i am quite an owl fan, so it felt very special to hear them and see them so closely!

trying to get by today...i'm having a rough go of it for some reason.

lv we are waiting for more snow tomorrow! ugh, the pan handle is getting nailed this year...i guess it's pretty?!

have a good one all!

Comment

AF daily-Friday 2/19

LVT, you ventured into the lions's den and made it out unscathed, well done!

I'm an owl lover too.....they are just so cool. Peace, hang in there. if you can't shake the mood send me a PM and we can hop in chat. xxxxxx
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X