Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday February 22

Hey Don,

My hens have done just fine here in PA. They do not like walking on snow though. We took the snow blower into their fenced yard to clear a walkable path for them - they're very happy
    I hate seeing them cooped up for more than a day or two - I'm afraid they'll kill each other (not really)!
    We have electric in the coop with a light on a timer to extend 'daylight' hours for them & an electric warming plate of sorts to keep their water can from freezing. The coop itself is not heated - they make do just fine
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

This sure is a busy thread with alot to read. Forgive me if I just jump in quickly especially during th busy work week.
      Got a bit of a shock today when I got to my office to find out our Village Manager(our big boss only under the Mayor and Council people) became so ill with the flu that he was put into ICU over the weekend. On a ventilator and in isolation. So all of you that are not feeling well, please take good care of yourselves and get to a DR. if you do not seem to be healing quickly.
      Also, I know many have already heard this many times but when I opened my e-mails this morning the first one I read was titled "Concentrate on your blessings" and said....

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
      When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Anyway, I hope no one minds the God reference. I just liked both of these and thought I would share.
      Hope you all have a great night.

Comment

i would love to get chickens!
        i'm so glad to know they weather winter well...www!

Comment

Working...
        X