Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday February 23

Good morning Ab Fabbers!

Wow lots of good stuff on yesterdays thread from some great chicken and egg info (which DID come first??) to the philisophical position that sugar may not exist if you don't know it's there.

So what will we talk about today??? I don't have any ideas that come even close to yesterdays topics. So I shall just get this thread going and then we'll see what develops today.

One thing is for sure. I'm glad I'm not hungover on TOP of having this cold. Because you KNOW that no cold in the world was ever bad enough to stop me from drinking while sick. "Alcohol kills germs!" and all that jazz. I'm grateful to be sober today!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

Happy to be here & unhung too DG
    Hope your cold dissapates quickly - drink lots of green tea. I swear that stuff has kept me healthy all winter (knocking loudly on wood)!!!

I'm about to run around the house & turn all the lights on. It is dark & dreary here this morning boo hoo!!! Come on SPRING!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday........heading out to feed & water my feathered friends now

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning ab fabbers!!

Thanks DG... I was too lazy and was waiting around. :H

Me too about the sick drinking.... Just numb it right on out. Gaaah!

I found the BEST letterbox ever yesterday! SO creative!! One particular person has a lot of boxes planted here (they live in VA and seem to vacation here) and we chat a bit about the boxes. That one was one of his/hers. One box was near a place I wanted to eat at so I stopped in and they had an oyster stew special. OMG. More fat grams than stars in the Milkey Way! I was so fatted up I nodded off watching the little movie at the Wright Brother's Museum. :H Very overcast today, but I may take little doggie back up to that town where she can run off leash. Then again, this may be jammie day. Lav I swear we seem to be on the same weather line but mine is just a lesser version of yours.

HAve a terrific tuesday!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ok, for the record.....I do NOT ignore the sugar content. I simply observe what it is, and then make a rationalized decision whether I should eat it or not!!:H:H:H:H
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ha!
          you gotta have some treats, no? maple syrup? honey? agave nectar?
          oh, wait, i know...eggs!!!

i love reading you stories grrrrreeenie...sounds nice where you are. "fatted up"...teehee

dg, i hope your crud goes away...seems like it's been a while!?

i had a rough go of it last night, but made it through with the help of my kid...we painted for a couple of hours and just talked about all her "teen stuff". i have to say, her painting turned out to be infinitely cooler than mine.

tosay i gotta get ready for my arizona trip...i'm so excited, even though my friend says it's rainy there now. warm rain is better than below freezing and lots of snow anyday! i'm glad he isn't going to drink while i'm there, that helps quell any anxiety i am feeling about the trip.

have a good day all...i am so grateful to be UNHUNG today!

peace

Comment

Good to be alive day here. Weather cold but divinely sunny blue skies.
            Rational decisions and sugar? Those words don't usually occur at the same time in the same sentence.
            I am trying to develop the quality of savouring my chocolate treats (since it doesn't come naturally to me) Getting lost in the moment an at the same time being fully present (Ha Ha!) -so I get past the judgments and deeply into the experience of the pleasure......s....l.....o......w...l....y letting that flavour roll around in my mouth and explode with extasy on my tongue.........better stop before I excite any of you fab abbers. Wouldn't want to push you over the chocolate edge!!
            Keep on keeping on

Comment

suni...:xmouth:
              sigpic

Comment

LVT25;810924 wrote: Ok, for the record.....I do NOT ignore the sugar content. I simply observe what it is, and then make a rationalized decision whether I should eat it or not!!:H:H:H:H
                Coulda sworn you read the ingredients AFTER you ate half the trail mix! :busted: :H
                sigpic

Comment

Ab fabbers!

Cold, hungry, tired, but you've all given me a laugh to squelch home to. :H And no sugar quick fix coz I thought I'd better try to be good for at least one day
                  Suni - you got blue skies? We got snow!

Just got an e-mail from the place I did my meditation course with, and they're doing an International Women's Day special with a series of meditations/talks/exercises on such themes as:

- Feel beautiful - be yourself, everyone else is already taken
                  - Re-energising your courage and confidence
                  - Stop self-sabotage - what's the reason you tell yourself you can't?

Signing me up for a bit of that!
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

sounds great marshy, for men too?
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

whew! finally in my hotel room somewhere near Sacramento tonight. raining and cold here which is odd.
                      just a quick hug and I'm off to check chat xxxx

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X