Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Hi sleepyheads
    Where is everyone today? Its 1pm GMT and time to get the show on the road...

Grey skies and rain here so just booked myself a nice massage for this afternoon. Wishing you all a happy AF saturday
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Good Morning,

Hi Chili, I'm here.

Lav...a belated congrats on your 11 month anniversary...amazing. Hope you are surviving all of the snow.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

ugh. sick. big angry tonsil. :upset:
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Green eyes :getwell:
        :l
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Morning all!

Just lazy here this morning watching yet another snow shower going on. You would think yesterday's 'Snow-icane' would have covered all of our snow needs....

Greenie, go get yourself a bottle of Chloraseptic spray & numb up those tonsils! Get some rest today, you've been awfully busy this week

Hi M3, think I may be in danger of turning into a snowman here - yikes, so much snow!!

Wishing everyone a lovely AF Saturday. Hope it's not snowing on your parade today

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Good morning and Happy UnHung Saturday to all you Fab Abbers!!!! (or whatever that is. I just know it's not Flab Abbers!)

Chillgirl, thanks for kicking things off today. Wow - a massage. I'm jealous! I'm going for some retail therapy myself. I've been hunting around for a Lia Sophia jewelry person and finally managed to get myself invited to a party. :H It will e interesting to see if there will be wine served in the interest of loosening up lips and wallets. :H My wallet is loose enough without the help of vino thank you very much. Will let you know later what stash I come home with.

Hi M3! Did you get buried in snow too? I knew about the major east coast snow but haven't watched the news in detail to see exactly where the worst of it ended up.

Lav, I bet Santa is really mad at you for hogging all the snow this winter. I hope your chickies are doing OK!

Greenie, I'm so sorry you are sick with the crud!!! REST REST REST girl!

I'm still a tad stuffy but feeling Ab Fab compared to how I was just a few days ago. As always, I have promised myself to remember to be grateful for feeling good every day that I feel good! I hope I don't forget that as I usually do.

It was good to be back at AA today. We are still reading people's stories on Saturdays as we wind through the Big Book. I liked the one today a lot so will post a link to it in the AA thread if anyone is interested. I also need to tackle more Mary Kay training today. I'm looking forward to that now that my brain is somewhat functional again!

For a dinking related topic, I have been really reflecting lately on just HOW much my life has been driven by fear. Brave exterior, frightened interior. I have lots to keep working on, but for today I am very grateful that I don't have to live each day in fear of the possible consequences of my drinking. In the old days, I would be afraid of getting a DUI or afraid I would do drunk dialing or e-mailing and say something stupid, or that my husband would reach the "last straw" with my drinking, or, or, or...the list goes on. It's nice to have THAT particular set of fears gone from my existance. I have plenty of other ones to work on!

Have a rockin' day everyone!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

hi all just thought i would drop in an say hello

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

DG - I have been thinking a lot about the fear aspect recently. When I 1st discovered AL I thought id won the lottery, instant confidence in a bottle! What a great invention! Sadly I fell for this illusion for my entire adult life always relying on "dutch courage" to see me through. So when I went AF 8 weeks ago I felt like someone stole my security blanket. To my amazement I discovered a girl underneath who isnt actually socially inept or incapable of speaking out loud.

I never needed that fix in a bottle afterall, pity it took me so long to find out but as they say better late than never......
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Chillgirl, I can really relate to your post! I'm normally shy but alcohol brought out the funny side of me at first and then the depressed, self hatred side of me at the end. I am still trying to discover who I really am. Been drugged up all my life, so I really don't know me at all. Doggygirl, you are awesome and you are always there to inspire me! Greeneyes, I hope you feel better soon. Sorry all of you are frozen snowmen, hopefully this winter will hurry up and pass so we can complain about how hot it is! i live in Mississippi and it NEVER snows here but we got 3" this winter! We were all so excited, everyone was out building snowmen and having snowball fights, then we were all in bed sick! Ready for summer! Hope all of you have a great day! Love ya, Vicki
                  I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                  but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

I am smiling ear to ear to *see* Chillgirl, Mario, and Sick of being sick posting here with the Ab Fabbers or however that goes!!! Mario, you always have such wise stuff to say and it would be Ab Fab if you said some of that stuff here in the AF Daily thread!!!

Sick of being sick, it's WONDERFUL to *see* you here. I can sure relate to how in the early days of drinking, it felt more like "good" social lubrication but in the end, nothing but depression and misery. It was that way for me too, for sure. I'm so grateful I'm not living that way any more. I have no idea how long it might take for me to "find myself" but I'm going to try to have fun while I'm looking!

Chill, it is pretty cool that we are a lot more capable of operating without AL than we thought!

OK - I need to stop feeding my MWO addiction now.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

[QUOTE=chillgirl;813185] When I 1st discovered AL I thought id won the lottery, instant confidence in a bottle! What a great invention! QUOTE]

Me too, Chillgirl! I was 16 and kind of a late bloomer as far as boys were concerned. I was terrified to kiss my boyfriend until he suggested we sneak some wine from the ever-present big bottle of Soave Bolla in my parents fridge! What a revelation! I could kiss! I could flirt! I could go to parties and not feel shy and nervous! It breaks my heart now to think of how that stunted my emotional growth and was the beginning of such a long battle.

Anyway, I too wanted to pop in and see the Abbers. I am giving lots of thought to where I belong, and wondering if I would be welcome here again, after a brief stint of trying for abstinence and then letting myself be drawn back into efforts at moderation. Do you take wafflers if their hearts are in the right place?

Wishing everyone health and happiness.
                      Sara
                      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

SaraS - I was 15 and the stupid thing was I was actually confident anyway, but like you say I stunted this emotional growth in favor of AL, who knows where I might have gone? I cant help but think that maybe some kind of career was missed in favor of an easy job where I could socialize as much as possible...

I just gatecrashed this thread too :H but im sure no one will mind us joining :l
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Sara - can I have some sugar free syrup to go with that waffle??? (warning - Determinator will want garlic to go with that waffle - he wants garlic with everything)

Of COURSE you are welcome here!!!!!!!! And you too Chillgirl! This ain't no private party!

That is an interesting point about stunted emotional growth. Me too. We've had some good discussion on the AA thread about what some call "Emotional Sobriety" which to me, is basically "growing up" emotionally. Through years of hiding or clouding nearly every emotion with AL, I feel like I'm having to learn some emotional basics such as:

* Take some time to THINK and then ACT rather than constantly just REact to everything.
                          * Nobody wants to come to my pity party
                          * Everyone has problems. That's life. Just deal with it.
                          * I am responsible for my happiness. (my husband is NOT responsible for my happiness, nor am I responsible for his)

Etc.

I bet we could come up with a long list.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

Happy AF Saturday to all.

Greenie sorry to hear about the tonsil. Try some zinc. Always helps my sore throats.

As far as the emotional sobriety, I read somewhere that addicts do not mature emotionally. So true at least in several people I know who are alcoholics. I think it is not something we may admit or recognize until we are sober and trying to deal with life on a day to day basis. Sometimes if addiction started before adulthood there is alot of growing up to be done.

Hope everyone up north is staying warm. Not the nicest day here in South Florida but I am sure I could find one or two who might want to trade.

Comment

AF Daily - Sat Feb 27th

DG - Im finding the new "emotional sobriety" fascinating! For the last 5 years I have been emmersed in a self improvement journey both spiritually and practically. I have studied many teachers and attended numerous seminars/conferences etc and taken an NLP course. The change in me has been huge but there was always a level I couldnt quite reach and I knew in myself it was sobriety but I wasnt ready to take that step.

When I finally did this year it was done with much thought & planning and I had this notion that I might find myself suddenly "enlightened". However what has surfaced is that all the studying I have done is suddenly much easier to put into practice, for the 1st time I am able to use this knowledge and adapt it to enhance my life and relationships....

When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X