Thought of 'The Reason' to Quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been hopeless at quitting my half bottle of wine habit. The main reason I want to quit is the realization that the damn stuff controls me. I am weak in my desire to have some after work. I only go one day AF every month or so. Since I just quit my job in order to work in hubby's construction business it has brought this habit to a head. One of my adult kids was describing how funny and crazy my hubby gets when he's drunk. He laughingly added "Mom you don't need to drink to be hilarious. You are always the same." Because of that comment and some introspection I just had a Eureka moment when I visualized being asked "Why don't you drink booze?" after finally giving it up. My answer will be truly "Because I don't need to." I have every reason to stop. #1 being it is not neccessary for me to be drunk in order to be braver, funnier or better at anything. I need to lose ten pounds. Easy answer - lose 3 pounds in one month by not drinking wine. Hate the dehydration, hate the insomnia, hate the fact that my kids (adult or not) look up to me and mimic me. NOTHING IS IN MY WAY!! Look out world. Tipplerette has just become TeaTotallerette!! And I like tea. I will post my progress. My past failures will not continue. Yikes...
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Hi Tippler - Delighted to hear your determination! You DEFINATELY dont need AL, Glad you like tea, I have been drinking the herbal variety by the gallon since going AF and not only am i hydrated and sleeping like a log, I look a whole lot better and have lost 8 pounds. So its all positive.....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Tippler, I love your attitude and your determination! Welcome and best of luck to you!
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
      X