MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all. Just back from a trip out to Wales where st Davids day was in full swing.
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Just like to wish you all well on your Magical March March ,go for your goals, There is no reason not to suceed.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

IAD - So glad you took some time out from DJ-ing:notes: to drop by and say hi....

I hope everyone else is having a great March 1st, my day has been one of exteme highs (especially for a monday!) and a sense of much achieved, perhaps the full moom last night has left me feeling elated....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Mario - Cross posts! Thank you for dropping in, its an honor to see you :l
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Chilli......I'm glad to be here........Let's March on....IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Evening Marchers,

Sheepish - welcome! Glad to have you here.

Mario - your picture still scares me

Hey IAD, how are you?

It's a quiet evening around here - must be a good sign!!
              Wishing everyone peace & quiet

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Chillgirl - thank you for getting us off to a rousing start for the month! Welcome, rustop and sheepish - glad to have you along.

Overit - well done on 28 days - congrats!

Red - hope you are feeling better, sounds like you worked too hard yesterday....

Regarding the full moon - the native americans in the midwest called this moon the 'snow' or 'hunger' moon...let's hope both of those are behind us all now that March is marching forward! LBH - I got a big kick out of you finding Moses hidden in the garden corner...but without his staff or tablets, how can you be sure? No gardening here, but we have had the most delicious 2 days of rain - a real rarity in the 6 years I've been here in the desert. It promises a wonderful wild-flower season to come, and there is the hint of soft fragrance in the air.

Happy (end) to St David's day to all - grab a jonquil and do a jig, (or you could always take a leak, ahem, I mean leek....)
                Sweet dreams all -
                to the light

Comment

First time

:new: Hello, My first time here and not sure if this is the right section. But, it looks like this is the place to start and introduce myself. I'm 46 been hitting it since College and am ready to either tone it way down or stop. Figured this ia a good place / reason to start for a month without. It would be the first 30 day AF of my adult life.
                  GB
                  NF - Dec 2005

Comment

:welcome: Welcome to you Grunchbug! You have found a very supportive place to be. We're glad to have you join us.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Grunch - Happy for you to join the March! :welcome:
                      Im a similar story, aged 45 drinking since mid teens and have just managed the longest AF in my adult life.

Hey fellow Marchers how are we all today? Cyn im always fascinated by the moon and how it affects us. I get the feeling the full one on sunday has had a cleansing effect as everyone I spoke to yesterday was in high spirits and happy especially for a monday!

My calendar affirmation for today reads "when i feel fatigued or anxious, i close my eyes and breathe deeply. It is easy for me to get centred. Even in the midst of stress, i can relax." Sometimes we need reminding of this simple exercise to slow us down...
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Chill, thanks for sharing the affirmation. It is important to keep in mind these little centering techniques. It's so hard to recall them when you are stressed for some reason. Today I will make conscious efforts to "take a breath".

Red, I hope you are feeling better.

Cyn, the moon was indeed a beautiful sight early this morning.

Peace and strength to all!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill and Chillgirl. I think I am in the right place! Thank you for the welcome.
                          GB
                          NF - Dec 2005

Comment

Good morning Marchers,

Cloudy outside my window again, hope someone is seeing some sunshine

Hi Grunchbug, welcome! Great to have you here, we're moving forward!!

Red, hope you are feeling better. Spring will be here one of these days, we all need to be in good shape to give it a proper welcome!

Chill, one year ago I would have laughed at your affirmation believing it impossible - a lot has changed since then, thank God!

Hi Cyn! I love to stand outside & look at the full moon but I find it hard to sleep - lights up my room too much!!! Think I'll have to buy myself a sleepmask

Greeting to all & wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Marchers

Another beautiful spring day here. Frosty last night but bright and sunny today, I just love this type of weather.

A lot of us seem to be in the same place, late 40's, drank for years and now are trying to get our house in order and lead a healthier life. We seem to be off to a great start. Will check in later.

Rustop

Comment

Welcome Grunch & Rustop & Sheepish. :welcome:

Red-I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi IAD & Mario-Good to see you. Drop by any time.

Today is my 30 day NF anniversery. I am almost as excited about it as I was about my 30 day NF! Have a busy day planned so had better get to it.

Hello to all who follow and wishing everyone a great, af day.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X