Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK ONE

Hi everyone

Beautiful sunny spring morning here. Have just had a walk in the wood with the doggies, it's a great way to start the day. I am really enjoying this thread, loved the meditation yesterday about the weeds and the photo posted by IAD, also catching up on everyone's news and what they find helpful.

Looking forward to an AF week-end. No cravings so far but know from experience that they can come out of the blue. However, the supplements seem to be really helping so I'll keep taking them. Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Morning Marchers ! Words of wisdom from my fav. cat ! Ha! IAD

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” Dr. Seuss quote
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Happy hangover-free Friday, everyone!

Lil, did you feel like SamE helped? I have been thinking about giving it, or Amoryn a try. From now until the end of the school year is a very stressful time in my field (special ed.) and I am trying to think of ways to battle it. This morning I am laying out a plan for my day that will reduce unnecessary stresses. Some things at work, you can't avoid, obviously. But some you can eliminate or minimize if you make a plan. If I am to make it AF, I will need a plan!

Red, I think when people ask you why you aren't drinking wine or whatever, they actually are more curious about themselves and their own choices. Your answer may positively affect the asker who herself might be wondering if she needs a change.

Rusty, A spring walk sounds marvelous! That is one of my plans for today. This is our second sunny day in a row. I was told yesterday by a friend that in February we had only 2 days of sunshine out of 28. Sheesh!

Grunch, stay close to MWO this weekend. It will help you through! Do lots of reading around the boards.

Lav, I hope you are getting to enjoy a sunny day today, too. Don't you love to see that snow receding daily?!!

Everyone have a great AF day.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

IAD, Cross-post! Thanks for the quote! That's perfect!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Afternoon all marchers, that's what I've been doing this morning - marching - well not exactly but have been for long walk across the cliffs and then caught the bus home
            The sun was shining and it was absolutely gorgeous. Mr S said it was about 5 or 6 miles so I'm feeling suitably virtuous now!
            I hope we all have a successful weekend, I have visitors from Sunday to Wednesday so it might be difficult to log on but I will be thinking of you all
            love Sooty

Comment

Hey Marchers Happy AF Friday!

Sooty - You are getting better weather than here in Portugal! Great to be getting out and in the fresh air.

Red - The Q about what to tell people used to seem like a really big deal to me but you find people are so less interested than you think they will be. Once you have said, you're not drinking for whatever reason everyone will get on with their evening and probably not bring it up again.

Grunch - Wishing you well for the weekend, make sure you have some nice things planned to get you over the difficult times and stay close to MWO.

Rustop - A walk in the woods with my dog is one of my most fav things to do! awprint:

IAD - Thank your cat for his wonderful wisdom :H

Dill - Mentally tie your stresses onto the string of a balloon, go outside and let it go....

Im SO looking forward to another AF weekend, we have thunderstorms forecast so I have a list of plans to get through at home. I have also just been to the bookstore and bought "The girl with the dragon tatoo" by Stieg Larsson which I have been told is fantastic..... anyone read it?
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello March friends,

Just about noon here, the sun is shining - yes
                Two days of sunshine in a row is a big deal Dill !!!

Red & Dill - you both mentioned Amoryn. I'm still on it & talking about it on a couple of different threads. I really don't have any plans to discontinue it any time soon. I think it's something I need to stay focused & balanced. It has worked wonders for me & caused me no harm. I take one in the morning & one in the afternoon - that's it!
                Red, I buy it directly from the manufacturer Bio Neurix. I don't think you'll see it in the stores, possibly on ebay but you have to be careful to watch for expirations dates. Here's where I buy it:
                AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety

Grunchbug & Rustop - congrats on your success this week
                Keeping yourself busy & distracted on the weekends is a big help! Do anything & everything you like to do - AF of course!

IAD, I never knew the Cat in the Hat was so wise!!!! Thanks for that!

Sooty - you go woman!! A 5-6 mile walk - that's awesome. Enjoy your company this weekend - one of these days it will be me knocking at your door

Chill - thanks for sending the sun here, I really appreciate it

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday! My grandson arrived (unexpectedly) at 9:30 am so my plans have changed for the day but that's perfectly OK with me. Thought I'd catch here while he's napping!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I meant to say.... I absolutely love the fatfreevegan website!! Im in heaven, thanks for this gem :thanks2:

Guys a few pearls of wisdom for friday:-

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining the soul,
                  And you learn that love doesn?t mean leaning and company doesn?t mean security,
                  And you begin to learn that kisses aren?t contracts and presents aren?t promises ?
                  And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open and with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child,
                  And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrows ground is too uncertain for your plans,
                  After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much,
                  So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul ? instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers,
                  And you will learn that you really can endure, that you really are special, and that you really do have the worth,
                  So live and learn and know yourself, in doing so, you will learn to live.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl;816758 wrote: Lav - I meant to say.... I absolutely love the fatfreevegan website!! Im in heaven, thanks for this gem :thanks2:

Guys a few pearls of wisdom for friday:-

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining the soul,
                    And you learn that love doesn?t mean leaning and company doesn?t mean security,
                    And you begin to learn that kisses aren?t contracts and presents aren?t promises ?
                    And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open and with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child,
                    And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrows ground is too uncertain for your plans,
                    After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much,
                    So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul ? instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers,
                    And you will learn that you really can endure, that you really are special, and that you really do have the worth,
                    So live and learn and know yourself, in doing so, you will learn to live.
                    Great post chillgirl

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

loving marching sober through march. sometimes tough, well most of the time really, but its feeling good. i went to health shop today to ask about amoryn. never heard of it, seems it is only available from the supplier.. so im going to give it a go. found out its a combination of a few remedies so sure its worth a try. peeps here seem to find it helpful
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Night time here and I'm tired after my walk in the fresh air. Lav you can come visit me anytime!
                        I hope everyone has had a lovely day and that the snow is melting.
                        Bedtime now - see you all tomorrow
                        love sooty

Comment

Evening all,

IAD-That Cat in the Hat is a wise one indeed!

Dill-I do think the SamE helped me. That plus being af has made this the best winter I have had in years, as far as the depression and such. I thought about the amoryn that Lav uses but decided not to mess around with what was working for me.

It's been a busy day here. It's been my usual Meals on Wheels day plus the grocery store. When I got home I took a 3 mile walk in the lovely sunshine ( Soots, was that you I saw in the distance while walking? lol!) I expect I too will sleep well tonight.

Are we all getting geared up for an AF week end? Lets just do it!!
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

March Steppers....forward March ! Ha! Let's high step it ! Work out your cravings every day.....you can do it ! You are stronger than you think.....IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

:H:H:H:H
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Good God IAD - when's the last time you were able to kick that high? :H:H
                                Good luck with that!!

Chill, thanks so much for posting those thoughts - did you write that??
                                Glad you like the FatFreeVegan recipes - pretty darn good I think

Hi Lil, glad you enjoyed your walk today like Sooty. I spent a solid 8 hrs chasing my 15 month old grandson today - that was my exercise for the day

Spud - the Bio Neurix Company sent me the info you need if you want to order Amoryn.
                                You have to order by phone -
                                Wimbledon Clinic Ltd
                                1-2 St. Andrews Close.
                                off Evelyn Road
                                Wimbledon
                                London SW19 8NJ

Tel 020 8540 3389
                                The Wimbledon Clinic of Natural Medicine Wimbledon London SW19

There is also the possibility that some people are selling it on ebay (they buy Amoryn in bulk quantity). Just watch for the expiration dates.

OK kids, I'm sitting in front of some dumb TV until bedtime - I'm (happily) worn out.
                                Wishing everyone a cozy night.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X