Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK ONE

Hey y'all,

I had the most wonderful 4th grade class today. Sweet, smart, excited about learning. Got to teach a chemistry lesson complete with experiments this afternoon. Plus I rode my bike to work with a friend. We had such a great Friday afternoon ride home. Deciding to retire early and just do substitute teaching was such a wise decision for me. I owe my sobriety to that decision.

Dill, I empathize with you. Teaching in the Spring is tough, especially Spec. Ed. All those meetings.

Sooty, can you send us a picture of what it looks like where you live? How wonderful to be able to walk in such a beautiful place.

Speaking of beautiful places, LBH, I do love our botanical gardens. An oasis in the desert.

Chill, the dragon tatoo book is very good. I believe he wrote 2 sequels before he died. Have only read the first though. Any other book recommendations. I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Makes me want to visit the Channel Islands.

Speaking of visiting, one week from today I will be in Arizonia on my way to California. Ready for a road trip. Ready to see my grown up baby boys.

IAD, love your kitty.

Mario, did you post a Wordsworth poem called "The Bells " around New Years Day?? Your avatar is kind of scary. Is that you???

Good Friday night to every one. Hang in there Red, Lil, Lav, Dill, spring's a'commin!

Comment

Lavender......If I tried to kick that high now...I'm afraid something would drop ! ha! IAD Keep the high stepping though and move on !
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Seems as though everybody is perking along. Made one more push to get big things taken care of as storms are coming next week and then I get my eye fixed (EEEEEKKKK) on the 15th. Today Lord Bird Heart and I took two trips to a huge commercial place where they have vast dunes of all sorts of organic soil amendments. There are huge cones of cow poop, chicken poop, tidied up people poop, pecan shells, bark mulches etc. bigger than big houses and as one winds through this curious landscape a big scoop fills each truck in a single stunning dollop. My arms are really aching from unloading and while I used to shift gears with a bath and a martini, tonight it will be Netflix and a tuna sandwich. Red, Dill, and Spuddleduck, I also take Amoryn with good results. It took perhaps two weeks to work but I felt better right away in that I was taking an action that made sense. I only ordered the expensive thirty day supply the first time to be certain it would be effective, and now I order three to six months at a good savings. I hope it works out for you. Tomorrow it is rose pruning and then a bit of a rest. Love, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in as I am rushing to take my daughter to a hockey match. Another beautiful day so looking forward to watching her match and then taking the doggies for a walk.

Some of you mentioned taking Same or Amoryn. The supplement package I am taking includes Same and Gaba. I would not have said I was ever depressed except over my drinking but this combination of supplements seems to be really working for me. I have had absolutely no cravings since starting 13 days ago. That is a first for me as I really struggled with the All One and starter pack from MWO. This Dr. Holford says its all about re-wiring our brains.

Anyway hope everyone has a great AF Saturday.

Rustop

Comment

Great Saturday morning AF!! I loved IAD's crazy picture of the high steppin ladies. IAD, I love what you contribute to this thread. You're just fun, and we need to laugh.

I am so serious on staying AF this month, and I am determined to, despite this being a huge month for me with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I decided I will order delicious salads and lemon waters when I go out, for the most part. (Tonight, I am going to a Japanese restaurant and will enjoy their full meal, but no booze will be easy.) Oh, I have to say that in Chicago, we went to our favorite restaurant and for the first time, no wine. I truly enjoyed my food thoroughly because I was not under the influence. Later, I was so at peace, although stuffed. I am focusing on feeling healthy, peaceful and being right with myself. I want turning 50 to be the beginning of focused and joyful living, no more smoking, drinking, and feeling horrible. I realize I am getting older but I want it to be positive and use the wisdom I have acquired over the years. Thanks everyone for all the information you share about your own acquired wisdom. It has helped me alot.

Have a great Saturday. I will check in later.
            Redhibiscus

Comment

Getting things ready for tomorrow........Stephen is being Confirmed in the Catholic Church....I 've done everything I could to save the kids souls....no blood on my hands ! ha! Having a lot of people at the house....it's party time.. Ha! IAD

No royalties given to Mr. OReilly....Ha! IAD
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good morning March Marchers,

The sun is here, temps heading up into the 50's - can't wait to get outside & watch the snow melt

Shelley, wishing you happy travels next week, can you stay in touch with us while you're away?
                I could use a road trip myself.........

LBH, I'm free - I can be at your house on the 15th to give you a hand with those eye drops
                Well, you know I'll be with you in spirit anyway!

Rustop, good to hear the supps are working for you, that's great! That's what it's all about - finding what works for each & every one of us

Red, when you turn 29 later this month you will do so in a much healthier fashion! You are well on your way to health & happiness!

IAD, fortunately no booze required at a Confirmation party! You'll have a beautiful day for Stephen's party - enjoy

OK, heading out to watch the snow melt!!
                Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It is such a beautiful day.......Going out to work on my piece of crap car.. Ha! ( not mine...one of my neighbors kids.. Ha!) IAD
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

perking along like a march hare. The deer around here are getting
                    ready to rut. Spring seems so much more beautiful and sensual AF.
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Congrats, IAD, on Stephen's confirmation!

Thanks to all who chimed in the the Amoryn/SamE subject. I am going to try one or the other. I'll do a little reading on it, then decide. It's good to hear positive feedback from people who have tried them. I need all the help I can get to get me through the rest of this school year!

Red, I'm loving your determination! You sound absolutely awesome.

Raven, I just saw about a dozen young deer cavorting in the the pasture. They are excited by the snow melt. They can actually find a little grass to munch on!

LBH, keep us posted in regards to your surgery. I'll be thinking of you!

Late check in for me as we have been on the road all day. I had to get up and out early to make it to Cleveland for a 10:00 am Funeral Mass. It was a sad occasion but of course comfort was found in gathering with family and friends to celebrate this life. It was a long day and now it's time to relax and watch some stupid TV show.

Have a peaceful AF evening everyone.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi everyone. I see we have some extras this month. It took me a while to find you all. It's very wet here. Has not stopped raining for days and days. I've lost count. The great thing about a flooded yard tho is that the weeds just fall out of the ground with a small tug. Did the huge weeding job today and took me half the time it usually does. I must say tho, normally I am wet with perspiration after that job. Today I was just wet.

I'm about to read back and see what I've missed. I saw a mention of SAMe. I stopped taking it a week ago because of a lack of finances and I have noticed the difference. I have been craving alcohol a lot more. 62 days AF today.

Hope everyone is well and I will catch up during the week.
                        Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

morning march marchers, lovely day here,hope all is well,goodjob sky on 62 days,keep marching forward.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Feel great to have marched through the first week or March AF. Another beautiful sunny day and looking forward to it.

Iad, enjoy the confirmation today. I am going to one next Friday, plan to indulge on the food but not the booze! Red, enjoy being 29 again!! Sky, well done on 62 days. Dont know if it is the Same or a combination of everything I am taking but I never been so 'craving free'. It certainly makes things so much easier as hubby still enjoys his wine and the bottle is always there. This is something I have struggled with in the past. Big hello to everyone else and enjoy your Sunday.

Rustop

Comment

ZIPPEDY DO DA ZIPPEDY DAY, MY OH MY WHAT WONDERFUL DAY!
                              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I am surprised how difficult this first weekend has become. The cravings have been quite powerful, like the mind is looking for any excuse to go to the way "things were". But I have been doing well - nothing is over a week. My first goal is to get through this month. It would be reassuring to hear that the cravings subside a little. Thanks all for your support.
                                GB
                                NF - Dec 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X