MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Marchers! Happy Hangover free Sunday!

Sky, glad you found us! Thanks for the comment about SamE. Sorry to hear you are having to deal more with cravings though.

Grunch, IT DOES GET EASIER. Just hang in there.

Rusty, good job on week 1! I think week 2 for this thread will officially start on March 9 because we are dividing the month up and this month has 31 days. It will have 3 eight day weeks: Kinda like the old Beatles song!

Spuddle, you sound fantastic! Nice.

Hi Mario! Lovely clear skies here. Only 16 degrees F at the moment, but we are supposed to get up in the 40's today. That will feel good!

Lav, I thought of you yesterday at our memorial gathering. In fact I felt like I was talking with you! I was chatting with my brother's xwife's sister and was asking her what she's doing these days. She lives in DC and is an RN. Well...she retired from nursing 7 years ago and turned her hobby into her business. She bought a commercial embroidery machine and works out of her home. Sound familiar?!:H

Have a great day, everyone!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grunchbug;817720 wrote: I am surprised how difficult this first weekend has become. The cravings have been quite powerful, like the mind is looking for any excuse to go to the way "things were". But I have been doing well - nothing is over a week. My first goal is to get through this month. It would be reassuring to hear that the cravings subside a little. Thanks all for your support.
      well done. dont be surprised. AL takes a long time to creep up on you. keep strong and kick the ass out of AL. lots of support here x
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Wow,lots of people up,
        You're not in my time zone.
        This is my intention post. I will now get up, go out and run 9 miles. There! My intention! If I post it, I have to do it. This has worked in the past!

Sky, good to see your little fox face. Morning Rust.

Mario, good to see you too. I think. Did you post "The Bells"?

Grunch, hang in there. It does get better but for me it doesn't completely go away. The trick is just to ride that craving wave, wait it out, be patient,. It will always go away. And as uncomfortable as cravings may be, just remember how much more uncomfortable hangovers are.
        Later. I'm out the door.

Comment

I have company this week end so I'm busy, busy.

Everyone have a great, af Sunday!!
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Mario, good to see you too. I think. Did you post "The Bells"? spedteach

bells ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mission accomplished. As in 9 miles run. I want to run a marathon this year. A years sobriety and a marathon. Sounds heavenly.
              Mario, around New Years Day someone posted a Wordsworth poem called "The Bells". It was a wonderful poem. Perfect for ringing in the new year. I thought it was you who posted it. Yes,no?

Comment

Good morning March Marchers,

Wow, this place is busy today

Sky, good to see you & congrats on your 62 days!!!

Dill, you found my twin out there........isn't that funny? Do you ever wonder about a parallel universe & such things??? We hit 53 degrees yesterday, going higher today. Anxious to see the last of the dirty snow on the sides of the roads disappear

Shelley, bless you for running 9 miles - I couldn't do that if my life depended on it!!

Grunchbug, the cravings turn into mere thoughts in time - just wait them out. Keep distracting yourself when a craving starts. Stop whatever you are doing & go do something completely different, really helps.

Greetings to Mario, Lil, Sooty, LBH & everyone. Have a great AF Sunday

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

spedteach;817772 wrote: Mission accomplished. As in 9 miles run. I want to run a marathon this year. A years sobriety and a marathon. Sounds heavenly.
                  Mario, around New Years Day someone posted a Wordsworth poem called "The Bells". It was a wonderful poem. Perfect for ringing in the new year. I thought it was you who posted it. Yes,no?
                  spedteach no it wasent me,glad to see everyone so happy & positive keep up the great work

Comment

Goodness Shelly a marathon, that training should add a chunk of the structure you seek, good for you! While I have rarely found my way to any sort of formal exercise or regime, I want to take some inspiration from you and at least get moving outside the garden. I need to look at myself like a "project". Yesterday I did not do my usual Saturday shopping but took what may be the last day of good weather for a while to spend five hours pruning roses, and I am now known by the leery botanic residents of the yard as ?The Butcher?. Gardening can be cruel. At least my arms are stronger than they were. Mario, I had no idea you were so classically handsome and genteel until I saw your avatar. Have a good AF Sunday all. Love, Ladybird.
                    may we be well

Comment

It was the half marathon in Bath today.
                      I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Raven.joy;817988 wrote: It was the half marathon in Bath today.
                        were you running raven.joy

Comment

LBH, yet another alias for you? "The Butcher" will not stick. I have not yet forgotten "Deep Pockets" though!:H
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sky-Congrats to you on 62 days. and glad to see you back.

Shelley-9 miles??!! I'm worn out just reading that! :H

LHB-I've marked the date for your surgery. Will you be able to see anything at all after?

Hello to everyone!!

I am glad I managed to get outside and enjoy the nice weather. Rain has moved in and it's suppose to rain for the rest of the week. I am tired so think I will put on my jammies, grab a book and relax for the rest of the evening.

Wishing everyone a peaceful, af evening.
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I did not make it sober through the weekend. Without going into detail, I am desperately upset, and in despair. I do well most of the time, but want and desire to be completely AF all the time. I am back on day 2 and angry with myself. I have no one to blame and it was a choice. I cannot believe it, but there it is. So, here I go again.

Of course I cannot lose weight, get in good shape, and meet my other goals till I am AF. But I will not give up and will continue my journey until it sticks. I did not want to start a new thread for the week with this downer news, so will post later tonight on the new thread. Sorry to let everyone down, most especially myself.
                              Redhibiscus

Comment

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in. Red, take care of yourself, today is another day. We have all struggled and know exactly how you are feeling. The important thing is to keep trying and keep posting. I know from experience that when I stayed away it was a downward spiral, MWO keeps me motivated.

Another beautiful day so am off outside to get some stuff done in the garden. Will catch up with everyone later.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                                X