I'm OK, hope everyone else is as well!

Make it a great AF Monday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily Monday 3/1

No one checked in all monday?
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hi Lav! I'm here! I'm here! It's a zoom zoom Monday. I bought a "green living" magazine today that has a WHOLE section on the powerful wonderfulness of GARLIC. And lots of recipes! A chicken braise skillet with garlic and olives looks good. Guess who I thought of?? And of course I bought the magazine!!

LOL I thought of Brian Boitano the figure skater who now has his own cooking show called "What Would Brian Boitano Make?"

When it comes to garlic, we should encourage a cooking show called "What Would Determinator Make....With Garlic!"

I definitely have no time for drinkin' today. Or stinkin' drinkin' thinkin' either. Busy is good.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hi Raven,

I'm glad you checked in.............where is everyone else?
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hey DG
          Cross post - good to see you
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Here! Present and correct. Busy day. And, finally, some sunshine! Things are looking up.

I wonder if there's a natural dwindling going on of this thread, as most people on here are long-termish, and people who are just starting out gravitate towards the new weekly/monthly threads. But this thread always seems to get lots of views, so I dunno why more people don't join in.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hello, where are the March AFfers I'm joining....
              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hey Marshy - Im here! We had sun here in Portugal too today which made a nice change more rain on its way for tomorrow though...

Looking forward to my 1st sober spring!
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Ah, I spoke too soon! Good to see you Jessie & Chillgirl.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hi everyone - I'd like to join! I've just had a really busy Monday - GOOD busy! things were really good today - ALL DAY LONG. Maybe this AF thing is working for me. I sure hope so. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Fllying in for a landing!!!!! I was on the fly all day with Bob the tonsil.

I took him out for a short bit yesterday afternoon as I was feeling better. (It was determined he need a name since I took him on a nature trail and to eat). We went to the Pea Island Wildlife preserve and hiked out to an observation tower where you can see the sea and the sound (meaning all the way across the land strip that separates. I saw where they had to bulldoze the road in places that the dunes had swept across. I took one of the labs and we went to Hatteras Beach and I let her run. I was looking at the dog footprints and saw some that were an easy twice the size of hers and she's no small dog! Made me kinda look over my shoulder for lionesses or bobcats...I stopped at the Oregon Inlet Bridge on a piece of pavement that jutted into the sound with a broken off ending. Strange. But I parked there and just hung out for 45 minutes with the lab and we watched a beautiful purple and orange sunset with pink cotton candy clouds. I noticed it was a good half hour later than when I first got here.

I watched a great movie last night called "The Fall". It was a netflix I brought with me. The guy financed it himself and it took him 16 years because he didn't want to use computer gerenerated techno stuff (hows that for fancy terminology?). It was shot in South Aftica, Spain, Italy, Egypt, China, Bali Fugi, Turkey, Cambodia, India, Romania, and other places I forgot. It is eye candy. Good flick. Greenie stamp of approval.

Today we went to a very cool learning center arboretum. Seems the letterbox was missing but it was still a great spot. Then after more shrimp and oysters, went to the Charles Kuralt trail at the alligator river preserve. You walk down the trail in a woodsy area with wetlands and grassy islands just past the woods and a swampy moat parallels the sides of the trail. Little doggie was with me and I felt like I was walking along the trail with alligator bait on a leash. :H

Well, the owners come home tomorrow. Shoot.

Shout out to chillgirl, funny girl and jessie! And a hug to sarasmiles.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Hello again,

Glad to be among other Abbers!

Marshy - do you think people just quit at some point because they feel sure of themselves or 'cured'? I hadn't given that any thought! Good to see you

Jessie, chill & Funny Girl - good to see you. Check in every day, I know I'll be here

Greenie - where are you today? Hope that tonsil is better!

OK Abbers - later!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Cross post Greenie
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Well Greenie - mention of Hatteras sure brings back memories - used to frequent the cape & Kill Devil Hills area long ago. Grew up in VA outside of DC so those areas were places we went to party (of course). Lovely places tho . . . Miss the beach . . . .

See you all tomorrow - I'll be back.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 3/1

Cindi checking in.

Greenie, your day sounds quite taxing, actually. But that is a good thing. You can do this today. A while back, you could not have done this day.

You rock, Greenie. Big time. Us recovering alkies need to know there is a life out there. A big beautiful life. Thank you for posting. :l

Lavande, this entire website is undergoing some changes. Good and bad.

However, I rely on all of you to help me and I want to help those who are coming on and searching.

That is what we do.

It is a great thing to do.

Let's keep this thread going and keep doing what we are trying to do. No matter who joins, who doesn't and who views.

Let's stay sober.

I hope we can help others who are on their way, too. It is a matter of life and death. For me, anyway, for others maybe not but for me, I know I must stay sober. I am a drunk.

That is how I announce myself to all the AA groups on my travels. "Hello, I am Cindi and I am a drunk."

Being sober means I am not drunk and I do not hurt anyone else or myself because of it. This is life and death. For me, anyways. For my husband and family, it means "Granny is here and she loves us." Otherwise, it means "Granny is drunk and we have to go home." How sad. How incredibly sad. I pray that Granny will never be drunk around those beautiful children again. Ever.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X