Clear All

AF-Daily, Tuesday 2nd Feb

fat intake chart that may be helpful:

DANGERS OF CUTTING FAT IN THE DIET
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Don't worry Deter - the term fat free is used loosely...........
      These recipies still have some fat & I use EVOO wherever I can
      I've taken so many Nutrition courses in college I could write a book!

Chill - the Cajun Bean Soup was GOOD!
      Warning - this recipe makes a huge pot! I ended up boiling the beans for only 40 min. then finishing up everything together in the crock pot. Oh, I bumped up the garlic too!!

Cajun 15-Bean Soup | Fatfree Vegan Recipes

Enjoy
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Here's the AHA's way of eating healthy

Eat a Heart-Healthy Diet
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

All I can say is...WHAT gray hair??? No comprendo. (or however you say that) :H

Marshy, I haven't a clue how to help anyone who hasn't decided they need / want help. The only way I have figured out to help anyone is to just be there for folks who want help, and share whatever has worked for me. My heart breaks for the family members or friends who are desparately worried watching their loved ones on such a destructive and deadly path. The best I have been able to figure out there is to suggest Alanon. Gotta Wanna I guess... (if anyone else has any magical answers I'm all ears too!!) I wonder if we should get a diamond encrusted coffee table to help with this process. I bet anyone hit over the head with one of those wouldn't be doing any drinking for awhile.

Deter, thanks for that link to the fat chart. I'm a fat eatin' chick myself. And I'm lovin' the sound of that bean soup now that I know there is some EVOO in it! :yougo: You are making me hungry Lav!

We're having some leftovers here tonight but it's pretty good. Spaghetti sauce made from last summers garden haul + grass fed beef over spaghetti squash. And salad. Yum. Now my tummy is growling out loud.

Greenie, it sounds like maybe you had a Big O while eating those oysters??? It doesn't count as "giving up celibacy for lent" if it's a food item or sea creature or both.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Lavande I use EVOO as my aftershave! woooooo doggy.

EVOO + garlic = heaven on Earth

I'm hungry too DG, got a batch of marinara simmering and the aroma is making me sing in Italian.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sigh. Now I am hungry and all I have is the hotel restaurant. What is up with that?

Oh, it is a 5 ***** restaurant, which means I can't afford it anyways.

Pooh.

Not sure what I will do for dinner but I would love for one of you to cater my meal tonight.

I love spaghetti over spaghetti squash, btw, DG. I have done that for years.

I love pasta and pasta loves me. It sticks to me like glue.

Spaghetti squash is just as good and when you add the sauce, some cheese and some love, it all goes down well.

btw, doing fine here. Just lonely.

Hoping I get the new job.

I want to be home with hubby and Poulan. Especially Poulan. :H:H Who needs a bath badly, btw. Hope hubby does that before I get home.... Nah, he won't.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, I love, love, love pasta too! I have taken to buying pasta at Whole Foods, they have a huge selection of low or no carb pastas that are super delicious!

Then if you are board after dinner, you can give yourself a DETER Olive Oil and Garlic facial and body treatment!!!

Good Luck with the New Job!!

xxx Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Doggygirl;815242 wrote: Marshy, I haven't a clue how to help anyone who hasn't decided they need / want help. The best I have been able to figure out there is to suggest Alanon.
                  Thanks DG! I'd kinda forgotten about Alanon. I'll mention it to my friend with the brother. It's a big problem for her parents because he's moved back in with them at the age of 40 and they both want to be out and about enjoying their retirement (they like travelling and used to go away for a couple of months at a time) but now feel they are tied to the house in case their son either ends up in hospital yet again or sets fire to the house or something. They were on holiday the last time it happened and worried about whether they should cut short their holiday to go back and make sure he was OK. In the end, he was released before they made arrangements to come back early but then they worried that he was alone in their house doing god knows what (he also has a habit of inviting loads of dodgy people over when his parents are away, like a teenager).
                  Anyway, I'll suggest Alanon and see what they say. It might at least give them somewhere to vent about what's going on.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                  X