X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Friday, March 5th

Spring, spring, spring.

Dare I say spring!

Whoo hoo! Gorgeous sunny morning here. And how fantastic to be sober in the spring!

Not working today and the plan is to buy some boots boots boots or shoes shoes shoes to replace the THREE pairs I ruined in all that February vileness.

Have a springy day everyone (or autumnal, Leelou )
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Morning abbers!!

Marshy, one word comes to mind..... wellies. I saw some new growth on some plants outside yesterday but there is a coating of frost this morning.

Guess what movie was on TV last night? Legend of Sleepy Hollow! That tree was called the tree of death.

Off for a bunch of appts. and MAYBE a craft fair. I really like this biannual avent, but it's not in my budget after Nags Head.

FH was deserving of the nickname yesterday. When I felt that old urge, it made me so mad I turned around and walked into the house and shut the door. He is like a walking cocktail to me. The cocktail has the weekend to get his soaking wet stuff out of my driveway. OK, done. Sorry.

Have a fantastic friday!!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

hello Marshy & Greeny! Day 12, Friday & a bit of spring weather here finally! I'm so psyched! Did have a bit a of a fall with the dogs yesterday tho - I was walking along at a really good clip, great music in the iPod, wonderful sunset . . . .then, my Louie sees A BUNNY . . . .OMG! he yanks to the left so hard & I missed a part of the sidewalk that was slightly higher & the toe of my shoe grabs it & down I go. If I'd been drunk I would have simply rolled . . . .but nooooo. I'm lucky I didn't get my face. Alas, could have been worse, but I scraped my knee and my left side is a bit sore since that's the arm tha almost got yanked out of the socket before I hit the ground. . . . .anyway, I did manage to just get up dust off & continue, but I'm sore today.

Supposed to be in the 50s today, so I imagine we'll try it again this afternoon. Off to my morning appointments. You all enjoy this great Friday, ok?

Comment

OUCH! Funny Girl! I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt! i worry a little that my big dog is going to hurt me or someone. He likes to come charging at me like a linebacker. I have a friend that had to have knee surgery because her dog took her out.

Greenie, I'll bet it is real tempting to go back to your little paradise away from FH. I know the feeling. At least mine isn't a jerk all of the time. Wet clothes in the driveway--:H:H:H.

It doesn't look to springy here today. Overcast and cooler. With a chance of rain/snow. But at least spring is closer all of the time! I've been thinking a little about the gardening. It doesn't look like I will get my greenhouse set up in time to use it this year.:upset: But I have a lot to learn about starting plants anyway. And not a lot of free time. Maybe I will at least be able to extend my growing season a little.

I have a lot of work to do today. I wish I could stay here and keep busy all day, but have obligations elsewhere.

Have a great weekend all! :h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy Friday Noon Ab Fabbers!

Marshy, Greenie, Funny Girl, LVT - Spring is on the way here too!
          It's cool today but sunny for the second day in a row - Woo Hoo!! Temps heading to the 50's this weekend - yes!!!

Funny Girl, I have a 100+ lb dog myself. She's a Swiss Mountain dog, very, very strong. These dogs were bred years ago to pull children around in carts. I rarely put a leash on her.....I could end up anywhere Hope your Boo Boos aren't too bad!

I'm watching my grandson today. Assoon as he gets up from his nap I'm going to take him out for a stroll in the sun

Wishing everyone a happy, sunny AF Friday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Abbers,
            Just popping in on Day 15 for me. I am happier than I have been in a long, long time, because I am at peace with my decision to stop drinking. What a relief! I recognize that I will need to stay aware of those thoughts I have always had...Particularly the "I wasn't that bad" and "I controlled it most of the time" and "How could I live the rest of my life without wine?" thoughts. But I have answers to all those questions, should they arise again. Lots of answers. I feel strangely, wonderfully strong and committed.

I am making use of "Smart Recovery" but love and miss my friends here at MWO, so will stay in touch. I am eternally grateful for the Abbers who listened to my waffling over so much time and supported my thoughts of abstaining without pushing me to the point of defensiveness or rebellion. I'm guessing you know what I mean.

Keep it up, Ab Fabbers!
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Bought these boots boots boots
              Office Shoes - Ankle Boots for her - Office - MESSY PUP FAWN SUEDE
              And a pair of black brogues too. Need a new jacket now, methinks

Oucha Funny Girl, hope you feel better soon.

Greenie - great pix yesterday. Imagine waking up to that sea view every day, wow.

Sara - glad to hear you're happy and peaceful. It doesn't get much better than that, does it?
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Thanks all - feeling better than this morning - got some pain creme & took some aspiring after my appointments. My clients wondered why I grimaced while lifting my briefcase (you would have thought I was bench pressing 300 pounds!) Much better now - of course, the dogs are sleeping like innocent babies! We'll be back 'on the hunt' later I'm sure! Beatiful day here - my big work day is almost done, but I'm not feeling like working, so I thought I'd pop in for some extra strength before the big sober Friday evening!

Sounds like everyone is doing so well. Sarasmiles - I know what you mean about your decision - I originally thought I'd be aiming to moderate, but I doubt that would ever be possible for me. I'm doing great on day 12 & think that no drinking at all is best. No decisions to make & no torture in trying to constantly wonder whether or not I'd be able to control myself. It's already done! Conversation over! I feel good. Shocking!

To the rest of you - have a wonderful evening & I'll check back in again soon.

Comment

Hi All,

Marshy...enjoy the sunshine. I didn't even realise its Autumn here.... still just wearing shorts and singlet, but windy today, good day to clean out some cupboards. We've had lots of rain here, some areas of QLD are flooding, but its still hot.

Hi Greeneyes, enjoy the fair..

FunnyG, hope you heal quickly

LVT, Hmm... gardening... thanks for the reminder

Lav, you dog sounds as big as a horse! Are there any cat folk here? Lots of Doggie folk!

Sara, hi... defensivness and rebellion seem like buddies in my repitoire too... I'm working on my control of them still.

Happy AF day one and all!!

Comment

Working...
                  X