Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Hey All!
    It is a beautiful sunny day in Colorado and feels like Spring is in the air! I have tons to do today...shopping, cleaning and getting ready for my Oscar Party tomorow night! I am making a Lasagna dinner with the works, for my kids and Dave! We will have a great time!

My work week has been out of control busy! But no complaints, I am greatful that business is going well these days! Gosh....could being AF have something to do with this?? YES!! Not a day goes by that I am not amazed at how really great life is these days! I really came for deep despare and sadness to feeling Joy, Peace and Contentment. Though life has certainly thrown me some really tough curb balls over the past two years, including the death of my father and my sister stealing my inheritance....not to mention a ton of other stuff......I have been able to deal with all of it, in a conciouse and sane way!

Happy AF Saturday All!

xxx Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Good afternoon Ab Fabbers,

Hi Kate, glad you are experiencing a touch of Spring too
    I've been outside all morning watching the snow melt!!
    Your lasagne dinner sounds great, love the stuff. Today I'm whipping up Chinese beef & fried rice - yum!

Wishing everyone health & happiness, this AF life really works

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Hey Kate, Lav, and all to come,
      Oh yes, my af choice is DIRECTLY linked to my life kicking so much arse in all sort's of way's, since i've ditched the booze. I had some good time's, sure, but i'm having an even better time now, and it's every second of every day, no matter what life throw's up, and there is that very special thing that i only get when totally af. Presence. I am alway's here, and in the now. Scary and strange at first. :H

Best wishes all, and being af, actually living it, is a whole different world. Magic!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Kate....what time is dinner????
        I love the Oscars and cannot ever get anyone to watch them with me.
        Sorry for your loss and your family issues.....
        Family is crazy sometimes isn't it???
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

I love my family more than alcohol too. Its because of them I can make this journey. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have the support I do. It must be even harder.
          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Afternoon abbers!!

Beautifous day here too! Did some more removing from the garage today so I was able to enjoy the weather. Think I'll call it quits for today and go to the barking lot. I haven't been in a long time because it was so cold and/or wet. Little doggie should be feeling rather social after living with two others for a few weeks.

Your dinners sound wonderful - I'll stop by the store later and see what they have in the way of fish. I've got the salad makings and some veggies.

Kate I know what you mean about that feeling. It truly amazes me to think at one time I was scared to give up AL - scared of what my life would be like.

I picked my first daffodil today. Well actually my ONLY daffodil. :H

Marshy, loved those boots!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Lav the Chinese beef and rice sounds yummy!
              Guitarista Happy you are kicking arse these days!!
              MamaB-Since I switched from Survivor to Thrivor life is so much better, Living in the Now is such a relief!
              Rav So happy that you are feeling the love!
              Greenie First daffodil...how lovely! One day, we will share a delicious fresh fish dinner!

So, I am making spinach/sausage lasagna....and Yes! of course Greenie and MamaB would we a great addition to our party! Sam Peligrino with lime! Tons of laughs and fun!!

All are welcome....even if you can only "Virtually be there!"

xxxx K
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Happy Saturday All,

Can't wait for the Academy Awards.

Can't wait til Spring. And, we set our clocks ahead 1 hour next week so we will have an extra hour of daylight.

Love the Spring.
                M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Spinach & Sausage Lasagne sounds fab! I'm a good Italian girl who loves her pasta - Mr Atkins & I never could start a real relationship . . . . .Kate - survivor to thrivor is such a nice phrase I'll have to steal it.

I've had a lovely day myself - long walk with dogs - luckily no big accidents. Met up with a bunch of gals I take art classes with for brunch & then we went to a store that is open once a month that sells vintage stuff - all sorts of kicky items. I got some treasures to use in my art projects.

Lav, Mama Bear, Guitarista, Raven and Greenie - hope all of you have a great Saturday evening! enjoy.

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Back home! weeeeee nice to see your smiling faces.

Kate, sounds loverly. I could eat lasagne for breakfast every day.

Raven, ditto what you said. simple and profound.

I'm in the middle of a profoundly educational video series about diet and I'm onto section 5 and cant' stop watching it as it's fascinating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjxyjcvW7RE&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - The Hazards of Sugar (Part 1 of 9)

AF weekends rock! be well my friends,
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Day 62 and lovin' life....

I love getting up every day. I love going to bed every night.

It's amazing how much better life is by just not drinking.

Comment

Ab Fabbers! Sat. March 6

Hi all! I'm zoom zoomin' again today so I will post on the Saturday thread and leave the starting of a Sunday thread to another Ab Fabber! I love that new name for our merry band of AF travelors and Kate, I love the thread title!

What a great topic "from survivor to thrivor." I was reminded just yesterday how far my life has come from a time a couple years ago where suicide seemed like the best solution to my problems to now - not enough hours in the day. Do I still have problem? You bet. Life is not a perfect thing with or without booze. It's just easier and infinitely more satisfying without AL's ball and chain.

Don - it's so awesome to have you back and congrats on that 62(3) days! I'm sure you remember how I struggled and struggled and struggled after my own relapse to get back on the wagon. I never want to do that again.

Kate - have a blast at your Oscar party!

Marshy - I saw your new boots boots boots and they look terrific!

Deter - thanks for the sugar video link! I think that will be a good reinforcement for sugar free lent and beyond.

Hello to everyone else!

Had a super fun Mary Kay party yesterday with some of the AA ladies. We laughed and just enjoyed the moment. What was really noteable about this get together is that there was ZERO gossip. Just fun conversation and nothing to regret afterwards drinking or otherwise!

Today is another busy one so I'm off and running. I hope you all have an AbFabulous Day!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X