Ab Fabbers! Sunday, March 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey slugabeds! I've been out injecting some cash into the economy while you're all snoozing. Two jackets - one brown moleskin (I've gone a bit brown for spring :H) and one black cotton. The brown one was half price because it's a *winter* jacket but it's still damn cold here so I'll get a few weeks wear out of it now and have it new for next winter, and the black one is thinner so I'll move into that when it warms up (it's gotta warm up sometime, right?)

I've got a birthday coming up and I've been reflecting about where I am and where I want to be. (Aren't birthdays annoying like that?) Some areas are great (not drinking being the main improvement in my life), work is good, and since I stopped drinking there's been an improvement in my relationships with other people.

But there's stuff I haven't achieved and still need to work on, mainly to do with personal relationships and also how I feel about myself. All that stuff that I used to be able to ignore because I could just drink through any soul searching and never have to tackle anything. I don't want to mention nitty gritty stuff at the moment, but just working out what my next steps need to be.

Was feeling a bit glum about it yesterday but today's a new day and I've got two new jackets!

Have a splendid Sunday everyone!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Marshy - sure sounds like your shopping skills are improving! I've only been AF for 14 days as of today & now find shopping a lot more fun for some reason . . . is this normal? Will I now have to join a new support group???? . . . ;-)

Anyway, having a great morning - got some sun & temperate weather here. Good spring clean & dog walk on the agenda & then some cooking to do before the Oscars tonight. I'm caught up on work & ready for Monday. I can honestly say - this is a FIRST to be able to say that at 11a on a Sunday morning & be happy about it. Usually at this time of day I'd be mad because I'd be planning my full day of drinking wondering how I'd get my Monday work done & already planning my excuses for why it wouldn't be done. Awful huh?

Enjoy the day all!

Comment

Good Morning, Marshy and FB and All to Come,
      Marshy, sounds like your shopping trip was fun and paid off!! Yes, My B-Day is also this month and it is a milestone one for me, I have been quite reflective. My gift to me, is a trip to NYC this fall with an old friend who also celebrates a milestone this year.....we will have so much Fun!

FB, yes sober and unhung Sundays was, and still is huge for me! I love sundays now! Waking up with coffee and juice, chatting with my sweetie and watching CBS Sunday Morning.....life is soooo Good!

Well I have a lot to do.....finish up a bit of work..some emails that I have been putting off! Then final preparations for my Oscar Party! Both of my sons, my daughter and hers husband are coming for Lasagna dinner.....San Peligrino in the Waterford glasses with a twist of lime! So festive! I am looking forward to it!

Chief! I am so very happy that you are into month number 3 AF!! It is so great to have you back, my friend!

Det, I want to check out those websites, you mentiond......it will be later in the week.

DG....I still smile everytime I read all about what you are doing these days!! I always new, you would make it! Your insights and straight forwardness is so refreshing!

OK....off to LIVE Today!!

xxxx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

kate -we'll be dreaming about that spinach & sausage lasagna - maybe you should post that recipe. have fun at your party! p.s. - CBS Sunday morning is my favorite show - I can say it's much better NOT hungover!

Comment

Afternoon fabbie abbies!

Me too funnygirl! I just finished catching up from my glorious time at the beach. Well, paperwork for the hole anyway. I do have to clean the house. Way to go on your 2 weeks AF!!
          Marshy that's so funny to me that you buy a coat for spring. I'm thinking flip flops or tee shirts.

I am sometimes uncomfortable with soul searching. I usually get quite confused. I guess I just lack direction in general. think I'll go see if I can find a good deal on a jacket And then go to Kate's for lasagna and oscars.

Have the loveliest of afternoons/evenings!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

X-post kate! so you'll be 29 too, huh? I guess now that I think about it, I don't have much to reflect on since I'm in entirely new circumstances, pointed in an entirely different direction as of a relatively short time ago. NYC sound like a blast.
            sigpic

Comment

Happy unhung Sunday ABErooooos!

it's so nice and sunny some friend and I are off to the shooting range to enjoy some healthy AF stress relief

FunnyGirl, kudos on 2 weeks AF! life is indeed grand.

Marshy, are moleskin jackets really made out of moles? inquiring minds want to know.....

be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Actually, I will turn 30 this year, Greenie....

I will set you all a place for dinner! How fun would that be to all get together for an Oscar Party!?!? Then again, who would be watching the Oscar's with all of our personalities together!

Yes, I will post the Lasagna recipe later this week!

Yeah! FG! Two weeks and sailing!! OMG! Yes! Sunday Morning it the best program and wayyyyy better unhung!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I turned on the TV when I sat down with a bowl of soup for lunch and landed on a PBS show featuring Dr Christiane Northrup on women and midlife. Marshy, one of the the things she mentioned was reinventing ourselves. That at this time lots of things come up and we have to shift gears. reinventing ourselves means some relationships need to be reinvented.
                  sigpic

Comment

Funny Girl;817873 wrote: I've only been AF for 14 days as of today & now find shopping a lot more fun for some reason . . . is this normal?
                    I find it certainly helps when I don't look in the mirror and think "eek! do I really look that hungover?"

greeneyes;817894 wrote: Marshy that's so funny to me that you buy a coat for spring. I'm thinking flip flops or tee shirts.

It's furry inside too :H

Determinator;817907 wrote:

Marshy, are moleskin jackets really made out of moles? inquiring minds want to know.....
                    No moles were injured in the making of my new jacket

greeneyes;817969 wrote:
                    reinventing ourselves means some relationships need to be reinvented.
                    Does she have a five-point plan I can follow? Or do I have to figure it out for myself and do the work? Hmmm. Think I know the answer to that.

Kate - enjoy your Oscars party. It happens too late here to feature on TV tonight but there'll be picking over the frocks on the news tomorrow morning.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and let me guess - Marshy - you going shopping for the latest is Oscar 'knock off' fashion tomorrow? you know - you'll need something to wear under those new jackets!

Greenie - read your post about the midlife renewal thing - I think I'm there, but I'm no thirty year old youngster like Greenie (I'm a really immature 51 . . ;-) anyway, that all sounded really good . .

Oh well, back to cleaning house & listening to Billie Holliday - for some reason I like to drink really strong coffee & clean house to her records . . . .ciao!

Comment

Yes marshy, the sun may be out but the wind is still subzero, hmm
                        I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

I love Dr. Christian Northrup! Midlife transition...something I think we all experience at one time or another. I read a great book, a memoir called "A Year by the Sea", by Joan Anderson. Great read and really good insights! Also, Eat, Pray, Love.....I found both books inspiring and helpful!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Raven.joy;817990 wrote: Yes marshy, the sun may be out but the wind is still subzero, hmm
                            Moleskin is the answer, Raven.joy. How's life in Bath?
                            sigpic

Comment

KateH1;817996 wrote: I love Dr. Christian Northrup! Midlife transition...something I think we all experience at one time or another.
                              I think I had one sooner AND later!! :H:H:H I think you get one with each husand.

Marshy, I swear if I had a regular 'arrive at work" time, I'd set the alarm early to look at the "picking over the frocks" on the internet. I do take extreme delight in that!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X