Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, 8th March...

OK you Americans....

switch off the TV... the Oscars are done...
    where are you all??? Rewinding footage of those frocks?
    Oh to wear something like that -------really------- wow

Marshy... yesterday I had a tough day, and the urges hit in the arvo. Your post helped me through it....and the urges were a hard one, but I won!
    I'm in the same boat in a way, birthday coming up, big one actually (shh_) and reflecting, AF a big part, yeah!! But major changes happening, family x2 families coming from 3000klm away to share my birthday with me... (hence the full on drive to finish 5 years of renovations...) = sore back, night time painting, daytime planning etc...

But also other things I wanted to achieve by this birthday. These are probably the most confronting.... I'll share that another day. One in particular I feel I am about to break through.... weather thats why I had such an urge for AL on Sunday I dont know, but I am thrilled that I'm working through it...

To all you others... STOP talking LASAGNA! It's killing me.:bat

Happy day to all....

Good morning Leelou & all Ab Fabbers,

I actually don't even bother to watch the Oscars Leelou.........never picked up that habit
    Glad to hear you worked thru your urges yesterday - drinking never resolved any issue, did it? I am so grateful that I have broken that habit!!!!!

Marshy, first new shoes now new jackets??? Thinking it's time to get myself motivated to go shopping. I'm waiting for the snow to melt completely so I know for sure that Sping is on the way

Wishing everyone a terriic AF Monday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning oh fabulous ones!

I love Mondays. Mondays can be like standing on the starting block at a swim meet.

Leelou thanks for the start. Wow, way to put pressure on yourself, girlfriend! How excited to have a break-through feeling! Mid-life is often when we reinvent ourselves and put the family and friends in the back seat as we slide into the driver's side. Fasten your seat belt!!

Marshy I can't wait to read the snarky remarks about the red carpet frocks. I've updated my netflix que first. Hurt Locker.....war movies tend to upset me so I'm on the fence on that one. Lav, I gave it my best shot. I think I made it through the first hour and half.

Well, it's deadline Monday and FH's stuff is sitting there in the driveway. Dammit! I'll just have to "get 'er done" myself. I know, I know.... what a suprise. Grrrr. But I've still got vacation mojo and BGPs!!!

Do have a MARVELOUS monday! (swimmers take your mark....)
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ab Fabbers!

Leelou - I'm really glad that you said my post helped you. I was going to delete it after I'd posted because, although I didn't go into details, it's something that felt very personal to me and about an hour after I'd posted it I thought "nah, I don't want that out there in a public forum" and logged on to delete it but then got distracted by something and left it where it was. So, good! It is a difficult time for reflection, especially the "biggies".

Lav - you've still got snow?? Wow, that's taking a long time to melt. I very rarely feel like shopping for clothes so I'm trying to make the most of it now I'm on a bit of a roll :H

Greenie - I was trying to post one of the frocky horrors but it came out too small to give the full effect, and now I'm running a bit late. Might try later. Annoying about FH's stuff but I'm sure you'll feel better when you've dealt with it and it's not staring you in the face every day.

Have a great day/evening everyone!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Leelou & Lav - No oscars for me either, my salelite dish has taken a pounding with the winter weather and im now down to just one channel, actually i dont miss it and have found other things to keep me busy. Maybe I wont get it fixed :H

greeneyes;818319 wrote:
          I love Mondays. Mondays can be like standing on the starting block at a swim meet.
          Greeneyes - I love your attitude girl! Lets dive straight into the week and see where it takes us.

Marshy - since being AF I have shed a few of the excess pounds and thats when I get tempted with clothes shopping. Problem is I rarely stay at my slim weight so most of my clothes never fit me!

I've just been to a homeopathic Dr who tested my blood and told me he could see I used a microwave! Living on my own I usually cook a few things then heat them up every night in the microwave and he actually showed me some blood cells which are differently shaped due to this!! Anyone heard of this?
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl;818374 wrote: I've just been to a homeopathic Dr who tested my blood and told me he could see I used a microwave! Living on my own I usually cook a few things then heat them up every night in the microwave and he actually showed me some blood cells which are differently shaped due to this!! Anyone heard of this?
            YIKES!!! What did he say further???? I won't stand in front of mine while it's on. I do know people that refuse to own one.
            sigpic

Comment

Well Chillgirl, that must mean that most of my cells are shaped like budlight bottles as I've stared into them most of my lifetime . . . . .scary . . . . . wonder what else is going on in my cell structure!

Greenie, since I started this I feel the same way about Mondays, but I must ask what is the FH & BGP? I haven't been here long & know I missed some kind of good background on whatever this is . . . my guess is FH is a husband or something, but BGP?

Lav & LeeLou didn't miss too much with Oscar night - I thought it seemed very different this year for some reason. I don't know if it was format or what. Usually they'd show clips right before announcing each nominee & they didn't do that, so in cases where you weren't familiar with the movies at all, you had no context to put the actor/actress in. They'd just announce the name & then the winner. It was kind of like 'low rent' Oscar night or something. Maybe it was just cuz it was the first time I ever watched sober . . . . .

Anyway, I want to know how Kate's lasagne was . . . . .I totally overate last night just thinking about it . . . .

Have a great Monday all!

Comment

Funnygirl, FH stands former husband. Or fuckhead, but only as a term of endearment you understand. BGP stands for big girl pants.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL! You're killing me . . . . . ;-)

Comment

Morning!
                    Leelou, sorry to hear about the struggles with AL over the weekend. But, Well Done on working through it!
                    Lav...I hope that snow melts away soon! You have had plenty of it this winter!
                    Chill...Yes, please share more about what the homeopath said!
                    FG...The lasagna dinner was Delicious!! I sent everyone home with "Happy Meals" for this week! We had a lot of fun watching the Oscars....but our fun was much more about the company, tons of laughs, and yes, a few snarky remarks! LOL
                    Marshy, greenie...hello!
                    Wishing everyone a great Monday!
                    Kate
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

zoom zoom! xxx
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

HI Guys
                        Basically the homeopath showed me my red blood cells on a monitor and most of them were perfectly round and symetrical, the odd one was all curvy and mishapen plus there were pockets of bright cristals which he said were caused my using a microwave.... im not 100% convinced but will definately try to cut back on the amount I use it.

Luckily no cells in the shape of sauvignon blanc bottles any more!
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

I used to hate mondays, I like them more now work is more focused and purposeful. When I was drunk I resented how the job kept me from drinking so many hours of a day where as saturday I could start first thing in the morning.
                          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Hi you AbFabulous people! I'm zoom zooming once again so hello to EVERYONE in mass!

Leelou - I wouldn't be surprised at all if your cravings yesterday are somehow connected to this growth / discovery phase. Well, and stress with a lot going on. I'm glad to say that I really haven't had any AL cravings under those circumstances lately, but the SUGAR MONSTER sure knocks on my door after my backslide into TreatLand over the winter. (and now just a few weeks sugar free again) Somehow all that body chemistry and brain chemistry must be linked. Anyway - :goodjob: telling AL to go F himself. Oops I mean politely leave you alone.

Marshy, I too have the shopping bug. (:yougo: for us!) Glad to know that moleskin coats are not made of moles. :H I think the story line of the post you wanted to delete, but didn't, is a message from the universe?????

Greenie, are you going to have a bonfire tonight? Can I come?

I didn't watch the Oscars either. Mr. Doggy is SO not interested and it wouldn't be any fun with nobody to share DressSnarkage with. Next year I should find some gal pals to have an Oscar party with. That would be fun.

I am watching "Hangover" in bits and pieces as I always fall asleep watching anything on TV. (thank goodness for Tivo and Netflix!) But so far it's really funny in a stupid sort of way. Well, and considering I lived stupid for many years, I guess I can relate.

Well, my late lunch break is over and I need to get back to work!! Today and tomorrow are fairly light for business meetings / appointments / Mary Kay stuff so I need to get a LOT of catching up done. Next task is TAXES. Bleh.

Have an AbFabulous rest of the day!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi guys. I should be zoom, zooming, so will make this a quick hello. I received this interesting link in an e-mail and started a thread, but thought I'd also share it here.

Thanks for the motivation on Mondays, Greenie!

It's raining! Twelve days until spring!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...tml#post818615
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X