MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK TWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All. Hey Lode. The good thing about having people who have grown to care about you is they can hold your marbles for a while so you don?t have to. Let us be a constant. Red you will get well. When we really love somebody we should pledge to love them with all of our livers rather than our hearts. Livers are much more interesting and complex. They also heal really well. Liv52 should do the trick along with lots of water, relaxation, gentle walking, and sustained abstinence. Livers are resilient. I should change my name to ladybirdliver. Rusty, alcoholism can happen to anybody, it is not a character flaw but just as with everything else some people can naturally handle it better than others, other people can learn these skills, and you are handling it with grace and kindness. Hope you all have a good day. Report from the indoor seed bed: dill, basil, cilantro, catnip are up; there are creaking hints from the parsley, Jimmy Nardelo peppers, and Alma paprika; everybody else is still dreaming. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

Just ran across this quote - made me think of all of us!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have."
      -Margaret Mead

We need to make this our group motto!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I love your quote!
        As Gandhi said ~ As human beings,
our greatness lies not so much
in being able to remake the world
as in being able to remake ourselves......

Im loving all the positive emotions that spring is bringing us, the seasons are so like our lives and when we see hope peaking through it gives us the enthusiasm to look ahead with optimism.

Im having a slightly unsettled week, nothing bad just more clarity that I need to digest on this journey of sobriety that never ceases to suprise me.

Lode - Im so sorry you are suffering right now, Im sending you much love and you know we are all here anytime you need to off load or just be.

To everyone else - HAPPY HUMPBACK!!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Evening all. I've had a lazy day and think I'll be in bed early tonight. Hadn't quite realised how much effort had gone into entertaining visitors until I stopped!
          I hope everyone has had a good humpday. Lovely spring day again today.
          Lets hope its going to continue at least until October :H
          See you all tomorrow - take care
          love Sooty

Comment

There is a real herb thing ongoing here. Maybe I should change my name to coriander..
            I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

RJ....If I were a herb I'ld be Cascara Sagrada....Ha! Look it up .......But honestly...been missing a couple of days, still Marching though ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Evening friends,

Hope you are resting well Sooty!

Raven, we can call you coriander - if you really want us to

IAD, back in the day we used to mix cascara with milk of magnesia & dose up all the constipated old folks. We can call you Poop Man :H
                How did the Confirmation party go? You had a nice day weatherwise!

Had the pleasure of accompanying my grandson o the Pediatrician's office today for his MMR shot - brought back a lot of memories :upset: Glad I'm just the Grandma this time around!

Wishing everyone a comfy, AF evening!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ha! Right Lav.......Confirmation and party went well, thanks for asking. IAD
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good morning all mad marchers,
                    Well today is another milestone as i finish a twelve month aftercare course, it was great fun and i hope to carry on with another course/meeting every monday nights,hope all have a lovely day,catch you all laters, how youu doing

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Grateful today to read everyone's posts.

Rusttop, it's interesting when people blame someone for their illness. Who would choose to have a drinking problem? Get DUIs, feel ill, embarrass themselves. Sometimes if something like this is said in a soft tone, it gives the critical one a chance to think about what they are saying.

Mario, it sounds like you are getting so much out of your classes and have made so many life changing choices. It is really apparent in all your posts that you are in a really good place and continuing to grow and help others. Thanks for joining our thread.

LBH, thanks for the liver wisdom. I suppose though at some point you get beyond the healing point. Love your seed growning update.

Sooty, you know they say fish and guests stink after three days. I love having family and friends over, but it is exhausting. The contrast when they leave and everything is cleaned up is always a peaceful harmonious time for me. Enjoy your peace.

Went out to eat with friends last night, some drank a bit, I did not. I had a wonderful time. Such a contrast to Saturday and I need to remember this forever. I slept well, woke up to chat with you all. The insanity of forgetting the consequences of drinking is just too much.

Everyone, have a great day, AF.
                      Redhibiscus

Comment

Hi Magial Marchers,
                        I was just reading about the supps everyone is taking - i do my usual multi, vit B, evening primrose, liver tonic and magnesium seems to working good for me. I probably should add vit C... day 41 for me tomorrow (Friday downunder). I reflected back on my journey so far and and i happy to say that the obsessive thoughts during the days has reduced by 50% I am really greatful for that as my energy isnt been wasted by constant madness in my head.
                        I am able to sit around drinkers and have a pink grape fruit juice... i have realised how much time i wasted sitting around drinking now i have so much time to fill which at first was a little daunting but now i am finding it good. My energy levels have increased and my creative is back.
                        So days i feel out of soughts but i know that is just me freaking out about the unknown.
                        Hope everyone is doing good love to hear how you are feeling and how your journey has been so far.
                        Happy AF Thursday or Friday everyever you are.
                        xx
                        Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Good morning,
                          It's snowing here in the mountain west. But it's heading east which is good as I'm heading west in a couple of hours. Going to California to see my sister, my sons, the ocean, the Hollywood sign.

But wanted to check in before heading out.
                          Lode, I am sending you all the love, positive vibes, healing energy I can muster. Your post a couple of days ago just about broke my heart. Just know there are so many folks here thinking about you and sending you their love.

Rusty, it was interesting to read your post about your alcoholic bashing friend. I have done a couple of rounds in rehab and the general consensus among patients and staff seemed be that alcoholics, be they drunk or newly sober, were a very unpleasant lot to be around. The self absorption can be insufferable. The me,me,me syndrome. I should know. I myself am no stranger to self absorption. But I am working on that everyday. Getting out of myself.

LBH, sorry you did it. It's going to be Ladybirdliver from here on out! The livers of the world thank for your recognition of their complexity! Love hearing about your baby sproutlings. Doesn't March bring such crazy weather in our neck of the woods?

Mario, congrats on another milestone. Was your aftercare after rehab? Any word on your addiction studies class.

Good morning IAD. Whenever I see your avatar I think get ready for some fine music.

Overit, you're sounding so positive this morning. Good for you.

Lav, Dill, Lil, Sooty,Red (feel better), Chill, and everybody else, good morning, good Thursday.

Comment

speedteach, I started doing aftercare around when i joined here,when i stopped drinking i stopped cold turkey,no rehab,no meds to help or take ,that was my own fault as i had no knowledge of them then,Still dont know weather that way was the best as i went through hell,but it seems to have worked so far for me,i wont know about my studies for another month,hope all are well ....Dont quit quitting

Comment

I'm ready today.....come on Marchers.......left, right, left right ! Ha! IAD
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;820238 wrote: I'm ready today.....come on Marchers.......left, right, left right ! Ha! IAD
                                :H:H:H your mad Iad...... in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X