AF Daily - Tuesday March 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all - is this how it's done? I didn't see the thread, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong, but I thought I'd take the initiative & put this out there. I missed it. I wanted to touch base before I went off on my morning appointments & it wasn't there!

Hope all had a great night! I did. Finally sleeping well now that I'm in my third week. Feeling really good - I'm still pretty amazed at my progress. Now being vigilent that maybe this is a 'honeymoon' of some sort & I have to be careful.

Anyway, bought some lovely mangoes yesterday, ate those & walked dogs in the evening before it rained. Finally feeling like spring. Now it's time to clean & get the 'purge' pile going. Got to get the stuff out of this house.

Enjoy your Tuesday ab-fabbers!

Ab fabbers!

Thanks for starting it off Funny Girl. Sounds as though you're doing really well. Being able to sleep properly once more is a huge relief, isn't it?

Here's a fruit on my new lemon tree. Impressive, huh :H

sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Afternoon fabs!

Thanks funnygirl, good job on the kick off!

Marshy, will that get rounder? And honestly, I'm suprised at how yellow it is.

My favorite frock snark was that Miley Cyrus had a hunch so severe it would give Quasi Moto back spasms. :H:H Well that was beyond the frock I guess, wasn't it.

Gorgeous here today!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

what an amazing lemon marshy
        gorgeous here too.
        Well done funny girl, who is to say we can not have a honeymoon lifetime. I intend one.
        I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Can't take credit for the lemon - I've only just been given the tree. It's probably been happily living in a greenhouse and now it's got me.
          :muahaha:

I've got a 700-page book to read before my book group next week. It's good so far (only got through about 100 pages) but having to read it feels a bit like homework. I suppose if I don't finish it I can look up a synopsis on Amazon and blag it. Couldn't do that when I was at school.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Love the lumpy lemon - looks like a fun one! I'd love to have a lemon tree!

Comment

Hey Marshy - Whats the book? Maybe one of us has read it and can give you a summary.....

Actually had sun here all day today like its suposed to, two long doggie walks, workout in the gym, coffee in the piazza watching the world go by, ready for an early night with my book "the girl with the dragon tattoo".

Funnygirl, Greeneyes and Rav :l
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

I slept like a baby last night, purged and painted till I dropped! We have nearly completely finished sorting out our whole house and yard of anything we don't want or need any more. It is very uplifting, and great to clear the way for a positive future ahead.
                I purged all my old clothes too, so I need to maintain my size or reduce it abit more in order to fit in to what's left! Oh gotta have abit of pressure!
                Happy day to eveyone.

Comment

How wonderful leelou!!! I'm plugging away at it.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good evening Ab Fabbers,

Had a busy, wonderful day! Went outlet shopping with my daughter for some new spring clothes
                    We ended stopping & looking at some new home models too (for my daughter & her husband).......they hope to be able to build a new home in about 2 years!

Funny Girl, good job starting today's thread, thanks!

Marshy, your lumpy lemon is kind of interesting.........keep us posted on how it does. Reading a 700 page book does sound like a huge chore - I hope it's good

Perfect weather here today too Greenie! Rain moving in tomorrow afternoon.

Greetings raven, Chill & Leelou! I like the thought of purging my house of all the crap we don't need, no longer use - I love to throw it all out & start over

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday evening!
                    Where's DG today?

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi guys,

Day 31 here today, had a good day, appt with my therapist. Always clears my cloudy brain and makes me think clearer. Actually she was dead on with one thing, I think my BF is going through some depression and I kind of missed all the signs and was thinking that his being a pain in the ass was just an affect of my sobriety..........crap! Now I feel like a bitch. I guess a talk is in order to try to get some things cleared up - that's all we need, 2 depressed people in one household! LOL - off to bed soon to read - not 700 pages though! However it is nice to remember in the morning what I read.......

Uni
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Good for you Uni!! So glad to hear you're doing well. :goodjob:
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                        X