MAGICAL MARCH MARCH - WEEK THREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning marchers. Spring officially starts this week, and that gives me hope.

St Pat's Day is on Wednesday, let's think of ways to celebrate AF. I already did making corned beef and cabbage and irish soda bread. I think I'll wear my green shirt and necklace too.

I commit to being AF today.
    Redhibiscus

Welcome Marchers to week 3.....

Red - You are sounding in good spirits!

The sun in shining here and ive just been spinning so a healthy start to my monday, now to tackle the to-do-list....... I just checked in on facebook and it looks like lots of my friends are suffering from hangovers today after over indulging yesterday, I cant begin to tell you how happy I am not to be there anymore, too many sad wasted mondays and I intend to make up for each and every one of them by appreciating AF life

Wishing everyone a great day! :l Extra hugs to LBH I hope you are doing ok
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Good Morning Marchers!

Right, left! Right, left!

Today is "S Day": Surgery Day. Thoughts and prayers to LadyBirdLiver today. (AKA: "Deep Pockets", "The Butcher")

Hi Red! Thanks for starting us off on week 3. St. Patrick's day has never been a big challenge to me. I'm not a big beer fan, and when it's green? I don't think I have ever had a green beer, now that I stop to think about it.

The time change has me out of sorts. It was hard to get up this morning and I have gotten a late start.

From today's Daily Readings:

My ability to think and communicate enables me not only to live in this
      world, but also to understand this world. Relationships are dependent
      upon me understanding my responsibilities --- and when I do not think,
      I am usually very irresponsible.

Alcohol stopped me from thinking and behaving responsibly and
      created dishonesty in my life. Instead of feeling I belonged, I felt I was
      on the outside; instead of enjoying relationships, I was forever fighting
      and involved in bitter disputes; instead of enjoying the peace that
      comes from being a "child of God", I felt like an abandoned creature.
      My problem was alcohol, and I needed to do something about it.

I did --- I stopped taking the first drink. Today I am alive in my life,
      alive in God's world and enjoying this universe.

When I think clearly, I know I belong.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Chill! Cross-posted. It's a Happy Hang-over Free Monday! Thanks for the reminder.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Thanks for starting us off Red, you sound good. It's the start of week 3 and I have just completed 3 weeks AF so 3 is my lucky number today. Had a nice AF Mothers day yesterday and its great to be starting the week off AF.

Thoughts and prayers to Ladybird today.

Dill - thanks for the reading. I really enjoy this thread, the readings are thought provoking and IAD gives us great graphics.

Chil - I have just been on facebook too. I find it scary to see all the drunken photos posted by the younger generation especially. It would be nice to let them have the knowledge of our experience but I guess they have to learn for themselves. I never thought in my 20's that I would have a problem with alcohol.

Off to get some housework done. Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

posted this on the other thread this morning, yep st patricks day on wednesday,hit the town & paint it green.have a good day everyone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Morning Monday March Marchers, Hope you all had a good weekend & you did all you wanted to,have a busy day here now,wishing you all the best for a happy monday :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Happy 3rd week of March my March friends!

Hangover free here & as grateful as ever

Thanks for starting us off this week Red, I commit to being AF today with you!

Thanks for the reading Dill. AL certainly does make you feel like an abandoned creature - no more of that for me

LBH, you are in my thoughts & prayers today, be strong!

Chill, if you could send a little bit of that sunshine here...........

Rustop, congrats on your 3 AF weeks, good job!!

Mario, I was in Dublin 7 years ago in the month of June. I can't quite imagine being there for St. Patrick's day, must be pretty wild Be careful!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday - keep marching!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

yes Lev it is pretty wild, its getting to mush actually and a lot of talk about cutting back off licence hours etc,As for me i will get out of the city and into the quite of the country for a few hours and let them on.

Comment

Nice quote dill, I have not been to daily readings for a while maybe I ought to.
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

dill;822559 wrote:
                    I did --- I stopped taking the first drink. Today I am alive in my life,
                    alive in God's world and enjoying this universe.

When I think clearly, I know I belong.
                    Dill I absolutely love this! It describes exactly how I feel - alive, thinking clearly, belonging and enjoying the Universe.....

Rustop - :goodjob: Congrats on week 3! Sadly the friends Im referring to are certainly not in their 20's! I do believe the younger generation are much more evolved than we were and that they will wake up far sooner than we did.

Lav - this is for you :sun: I think you definately deserve it more than most.

Greetings to the boys - Rav and "classically handsome" Mario :H
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Evening friends,

Nearly 10 pm but wanted to check in one more time after a long & busy day.

Thanks for the sunshine Chill - I needed that

Mario, head for safety in the hills if you have to buddy!!
                      Raven, what are you cooking these days?

Thinking about out friend LBH..........hoe all is well!

OK, good night all.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone,

sorry that I disappeared of the face of earth (not literally, but from this thread anyway!) .... one of my brothers died on 1 March, and I was completely out of contact for the whole week, and when I came back last week I was keeping a low profile and just hanging out on my "home" thread.

struggling a bit at the moment ..... both grieving for my bro (although it wasn't unexpected - he had cancer and had been getting slowly worse for the last 6 months) and some other things going on (including the inevitability of the end of summer and the fact that the days are getting shorter and colder ...... :upset::upset:!!). I have been having lots of trouble sleeping too and have that nasty little voice inside my head telling me that a bottle of wine would help solve that problem. Of course so would a lavender bath and a hot chocolate, but I have to consciously remind myself of other strategies .....having regular routines for exercise and other things, plus keeping myself busy at times when I would otherwise be drinking work the best for me, and I'm doing my best to get back to those.
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good morning march marchers,
                          Sorry about your brother miss behaving,may he rest in peace,good idea to keep yourself busy and getting back to your regular routines,its hard but this to will pass...

I started in a new abstinence group last nite,its not AA,just a meeting of people who want to live an abstinence life,its great,All of the other people are alcohol free more than 2 years which makes me the baby of the group.For me its important that i stay around real to real people who dont drink.ok have a great day all,...keep marching up and forward

Comment

Hi Marchers - Thanks for the kick start Red Im committed right beside you!
                            Chillgirl - I love you positivity! you really make me want to go out and do a spin class!
                            Dill - I really enjoyed the reading - thank you i really needed it today.
                            Rust - Awesome job on your three weeks just keep marching
                            Mario - sorry i cant help but giggle everytime i see you handsome, smiling face
                            Lave - you really are an inspiration to me!
                            Rav - good to see you marching too!

I have had a hectic March to date and it is starting to wear me down a little. I had a minor operation and it has really stuffed my system up. Im feeling teary and a little down. I know it will pass soon...just wanted to share.
                            Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Missbehaving, I am so sorry for your loss. It is great that you are back contributing on our thread. We are here for you, so feel free to post away.

LBH, hope you are doing well. Our thoughts are with you.

Mario, St. Pat's day sounds like it is out of control over there. Sorry to hear that a lovely saint's day has been misused and abused. Your new group sounds very interesting. Enjoy the fellowship.

Dill, loved the reading. Being sober means we are being our true selves and are able to be close to God, Spriit, the Universe. Drinking, we put something between us and our higher power, a negative something. AF, we are open to the good in all of life.

Have a great AF day.
                              Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                              X