Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Saturday March 20th

Wakey wakey!

Up at 6.15 this morning to come to work, and the only good thing about that is that it's daylight now at that time. Oh, and that I don't have a hangover I suppose. Yeah, that's good

I usually bring in a cheese cheese cheese sandwich (love cheese!) but after my cholesterol reading the other day I've made a brown rice salad. Yum.

Hope everyone has a tasty day.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

And they're off!!!

Steeplechase today with tons of DELISH food!! I'm bringing asparagus salad so everyone will have stinkle. :H It is going to be a beautiful need sunscreen day!

Oh and I'm bringing my tea, and my water, and my seltzer and lime.

I'm in for the tasty day!

MArshy won't be light that early next week! Trust me on that.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Oooo, a day at the races! Fantastic! I love a gamble (it's not a problem, though :H).
      sigpic

Comment

Good Day!

Have to vsit someone in hospice today :upset: but his health condition will inspire me to take better care of myself. He is 81 with lung and spinal cancer, plus he had a recent stroke.
        Am trying to be positive for him, and like I said, to learn from his experiences.
        :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Hi Marshy, Greeneyes, Rived....
          I woke up at 7am ready to attack the day but here I am at 12.30 and have spent the morning talking on the phone to my mum and my friend and drinking coffee...

Marshy I love cheese too, I now ration it as a treat and in a way it makes it even more delicious.
          Im coming to London next weekend so please keep me informed on the weather, Im guessing its still weather for wearing boots? Will I also need sweaters or is a shirt and light jacket enough? I am of course panicking as I want to bring the right clothes but at the same time leave room in my case for the shopping I want to do! Oxford street here I come......
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

Marshy, good choice on the brown rice salad - sounds good
            Don't work too hard!

Greenie, off to the races - have fun

Hello rived, welcome! Sorry to hear about your friend, it's rough to see someone in that condition. Please try to keep in mind that hospice will do everything possible to keep him as comfortable as possible. I used to work in a similar setting.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, AF first day of Spring!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Has all your snow gone yet Lav?

Chillgirl - not looking too good according to this, but weather forecasts don't always work out.
              10 day Weather in London - weather.co.uk

It's been nice this week but has gone off a bit cool and wet today.
              But if you hit the shops as soon as you arrive, you can buy a jumper if you need one.
              Yep, still boots weather.
              sigpic

Comment

Well Greenie I envy you - love the horse races - especially steeplechase & snacks - it's snowing here - I'm soooo bummed.

Lav, hope your company is having fun. Rived - sorry about your friend - I'm with Lav, people who work in Hospice are usually wonderful & do all they can for the patient.

Chillgirl, Marshy - have a great day. I'll be inside - probably trying to stay warm & what else - EATING. Jeez . . . .I sure can't wait until spring weather comes here . . . .

Comment

Well its been an interesting day! My "friend" who Im meeting up with next week in London (we have never met before) called me in a panic to say his passport had expired!!! Once we both calmed down we realized it actually hadnt and will be valid for his trip.... whew! I would have been SO disapointed.

And so its saturday night and all thats on TV is rugby! Im going for a soak in the bath, then I will put on a Prison Break DVD and curl up with a packet of Cadburys Mini Eggs....
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                  X