MAGICAL MARCH MARCH ~ WEEK FOUR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just up early for work and again am starting the weekly thread. I tried to let someone else start, but wanted to post.

Reflecting on my weekend, I noticed that I am growing in confidence in being AF. I do not mean this in an arrogant way, but in a humble way. I am on day 16 this time, and physically feeling stronger and healthier. I again am suffering from anxiety, something that happened last night, but Monday's are hard for me, so negative news and Mondays are not a good combination. But compared to trying to get over and heal from a drinking binge, this is manageable. So, AF, my life is manageable. Drinking, my life is unmanageable. I am relieved I made it through some social occasions AF, because I know I can. In the past, I would make excuses. Plus, I have made an announcement that now that I will be 50, I just want to not drink. I want to be healthy, and drinking alcohol is not part of the equation.

So, to health, in every conceivable way: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. :h
    Redhibiscus

redhibiscus :goodjob:you have a great attitude,loving it, keep it up. i feel anxiety over the smallest of things, but i know alcohol will make it 10 times as bad.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Red, thank you for starting the week for us! That was a thoughtful and powerful start. I can relate to what you said about getting through social situations AF. It does feel like an accomplishment, and it is one.

Hi Spuddle! And Happy AF Monday to all who stop by.

Monday's are hard, easier to handle without the hangover!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Marchers

Thanks for starting us off Red, you sound good. Cant remember if you said you are taking the supplements but the Same, 5 htp, etc. help with anxiety. I'm feeling great since I started taking them.

Another beauiful morning here and have a million and one things to do so got to dash. Hi Spuddle, Dill and everyone else to come. Have a great AF Monday.

Rustop

Comment

Morning Marchers, who would have believed it - week 4 already already! Will next week be Week 4 and a bit?
          Pouring with rain here and really dark and miserable.
          I've been dancing and blasting my abdominals (I do one class after the other) I am definitely the fattest but not necessarily the unfittest and am determined to lose weight over the next few months. If I make weight loss my new obsession then Al will just fade into oblivion won't it?
          I hope everyone is well and happy and having a good Monday.
          See you all later
          love Sooty

Comment

Morning Marchers,

Happy week 4 to all!
            I'm looking forward to my 1 year anniversary this week. So much has changed in my life the past 12 months. Life is by no means perfect BUT is much easier to handle being free & clear each & every moment of every day

Raining here too Sooty after 6 days of sunshine! I need to turn my attention to losing the pounds I picked up after I quit smoking!!!

Red, deep breaths & lots of them! They really do help relieve anxiety when you make them a new habit!!!!

Lots of deep breaths for you as well spud! Remember, it takes 21 days to break a habit & 90 days to make a new one

Good morning Dill & rustop - hope you both have a great day!

OK, now I prepare for the return of the energizer bunny!
            I slept like a rock last night due to pure exhaustion!!!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi just another qquick hello,hope all is well,very the last few days,catch up with you all laters :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Red - Thank you for starting us off on week 4. I love that your confidence is growing & life is manageable. If thats on day 16 just imagine how much better its going to get!
                You mention your upcoming birthday and I can see how this marks a line in the sand. I turned 45 last year and was able to say, "come on enough is enough now, you've spent your whole adult life doing it this way, its time to try something else".

Spuddle - You just passed your 1 month AF - Wehey! :yes2:

Lav - You are such an inspiration to me, quitting AL and smoking in one year :goodjob: now your running all over the place after your hyper bunny, wow bet life feels just great compared to last year....

I continue to be astounded by the changes in my life on a daily basis, I realize for years I lived in the shadow of my ex husband not believing I could achieve anything on my own. For the 1st time in 20years I think maybe I under estimated myself, I have SO many dreams for the future and each day gain more courage to take that next step..... watch this space

Love to Dill, Rustop, Sooty and all the others that drop by today
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Marchers! I am in for a sober Week Four and hopefully I can get healed enough in the next couple of days to get some reading spectacles and bring this computer screen into better focus. It is so odd being blurry and doubled visioned without drinking. Even though I have not been drunk since November, I keep trying to ?sober up?. I think I shall put an avatar of my eye so that I can give Mario a run for the scariest member of MYO. I won't leave it there long. Love, Ladybird.
                  may we be well

Comment

Hi guys happy new week and happy belated spring equinox from saturday. We went to cornwall to pick up our eldest daughter who is moving home for a few months and am very happy.
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

LBH! Yiiikes!

My eye looked like that 3 years ago. It cleared up though. I still have a pinkish tinge on the inside corned by my nose, but it's very light.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

LBH - My eyes often looked like this on a sunday morning!!
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

LBH, you have to be relieved that the surgery is over. Now, the healing. It is good to hear from you. Hoping you get better and better quickly.

Made it through a difficult day. The person who was giving me a hard time a few months ago is back on the war path. Man, I just do not need to be harrassed. So, there is a meeting tomorrow first thing, and I am not sure the reasons. All I know is that I work really hard and do my best, all day, every day. I am putting this situation in God's hands and trying to have peace. I hope I sleep tonight. I will take a few Calms Forte and drink some sleepy time tea.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day around here, so I will try and get out at lunch. Hope everyone is working on being AF and enjoying the ride. Drinking just makes everything more difficult, so despite trouble, I am very happy to be AF.
                          Redhibiscus

Comment

Good evening March friends,

Greeting to Raven & Mario - you guys sound busy & happy!

Chill, the changes are astonishing, aren't they? I think we need to be careful to not burn ourselves out

LBH, that is one red eye darlin!! Thinking of you everday!!

Red, try not to worry about tomorrow. Keep happy thoughts in your head & heart & get out to enjoy the nice weather.

Rained here off & on all day even had a bit of thunder.
                            Hoping for a dry day tomorrow - we'll see!

Good night all.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning all, just woke up, asleep since 11.30 last nite,..hope all is well ,back laters

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X