MAGICAL MARCH MARCH ~ WEEK FOUR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An old saying affirms that "if God be for me, who can be against me?" I'll carry on today with the confidence that my Higher Power is guidnig all my efforts in the right direction. -Daily Readings

Red, I'll be thinking of you this morning. Let us know how the meeting goes. I think you are so right to try not to stress over it. That can't help a bit.

Mario, I overslept this morning. My time here must be brief.

Lav, what's up in your world? My daffodils are headed up and just on the verge of blooming. With the least little bit of encouragement from the sun, I think we will see flowers! We had a calf born yesterday, too. That's always a nice Spring time event.

LBH - My eyes often looked like this on a sunday morning!!
    :H Good one, chill!

Raven, that's great that you'll have your daughter home for awhile. Enjoy the time.

To all who stop by, have an AF Tuesday!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Just a quick check in. Doing things in reverse this morning. My friend could not walk earlier as she had to bring her daughter to the doctor. I was at the woods waiting for her when I got the call so came home again.

Made a lasagne for dinner and cleaned out a flower bed. Now I'm off for the walk with two very confused doggies!!

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Home again, home again jiggedy jog...I think that's in a nursery rhyme.
        I am home again after two beautiful days of driving. Springtime in the desert is an incredible sight.
        The LA marathon was very exciting, 25,000 runners running to the Santa Monica pier. While waiting for the runners to start coming in, I thought back on a similar situation. Watching the San Francisco marathon 2 years ago. Being so hung over that I thought I might have to throw up in public! Skipping the post race breakfast to go back to my hotel to order a bottle of wine from room service. Memories like that make me shudder.
        I am blessed with 3 very forgiving sons. Feel closer to them now than I've felt in years. Had a wonderful visit.

Red, hope your meeting goes ok. You're sounding very determined, fiercely determined these days. Good for you. What kind of work do you do?

Dill, are you in the middle of testing at school? Why do they make special ed kids take those things?

LBH, can you feel those healing vibes comin across town, from me to you.

Good morning Mario

Raven, how fun it is when one of those big kids comes back home for a while. I start treating them like they're 8 years old, do their laundry, make them pancakes, bake their favorite cookies!

Chill, loved your st. paddy's day pic last week.

Morning Lav, know you're up! And Sooty too.
        Thinking of and missing some people...Lode, Cyn, Lil.

Time to run, not too far. Legs kind of achy from the long drive.

Later.

Comment

Morning Rusty and doggies. Hope you had a good walk!

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

How's everyone on this fine Spring morning?

Mario - a sleep marathon? Sounds good to me

Dill, all my daffs are up, about half of them open. Early tulips are up, no blooms yet!
            Congrats on the newest addition to your family! How exciting!!!!

Rustop - you are one busy girl today!

Shelley, glad you are home safe!
            I'll just bet your sons are happy with your progress - good for you!

Red, hope your meeting goes well today, we're all thinking about you!

LBH, thinking of you, of course

OK, got to get something useful done around here. Have a terrific AF Tuesday everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Weeek 4........yep I'm ready to March....after a little ciesta........Ha! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Daffodils all good for me to, but is is the magnolias that are best this week. I will be looking out for the first crocus.
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Good day my magical friends!
                  Everyone seems to be in great spirits and embracing a magnificant sober spring.... The sun was shinning when I woke up and I went on a bike ride through the orange groves, the smell of blossom was divine! Was thinking to myself if I leave Portugal maybe Califonia would be a good alternative, i imagine they have similarly beautiful orange groves.....

You see my new found brain never stops dreaming and the difference being I actually believe I can make things happen!

Dill - I love the daily reading, when I get quiet and still enough to feel the essence of our higher power I get filled with such an amazing sense of peace.

Sped - Good to have you back

IAD - is that what you do all day :H

I would like to leave you with some tips for a wonderful life:-
                  DRINK WATER, EAT HEALTHILY, GET GOOD REST, EXERCISE & FIND THE GOOD IN EVERYTHING :h
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello marchers. Got up and went out early this morning as rain forecast for this afternoon and sure enough its here. Absobloominglutely pouring down!
                    LBH I can't believe your poor eye - hope it gets better very soon.
                    To everyone else keeping the march going - well done - see you all later
                    love Sooty

Comment

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

IAD - that's a great job you have there :H

Raven, anything that blooms in the Spring looks good to me!

Chill, you should also consider Florida - nice weather & orange groves there but you have to deal with hurricanes

Sooty, we had rain all day yesterday, dry today but colder & windy.........I miss Spring already!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday night.
                        Will be back tomorrow for Ms Sooty's favorite day of the week

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings to everyone,
                          The meeting today went well. However, I am exhausted as I woke up so darn early. I did get out at lunch and it was pretty nice.

Thanks everyone for your support, I appreciate you positive thoughts. I am sure that is why the outcome was positive.

Life is life. We all have problems. AF the problems can be managed, the emotions can be felt, the solutions can be found. I am so very grateful to be AF today and for MWO. I know that life can be filled with magical things.

I was thinking today about how when I first tried to be AF, I wondered what I would do. That is so foreign to me now. There is always something for me to do. Did anyone else feel that they did not know how to fill their time AF?

Have a peaceful evening.:h
                          Redhibiscus

Comment

Hello everyone. Red, funny you should say that. I am so busy since being AF that there are never enough hours in the day.
                            Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Sooty - Hope your rain has stopped, you too Lavande. We have it here this morning, first time in ages. Hope I get to go on my walk. Oh, well the garden needs i.

IAD - You have the life

Dill - Thanks for the daily readings, I really enjoy them.

LBH - Hope your eye is feeling better

Sped - Glad you enjoyed the marathon. The feeling of self-respect really makes up for being AF doesnt it.

Red - Glad your meeting went well. I am getting so much done since becoming AF. Taking much better care of myself too. No falling into bed with the days make up on. Cleanse, tone and moisturising every night!! Waxing, pedicure regularly. Feel so much better about myself. It's not easy living life on life's terms but the feeling of self-respect makes up for so much.

I achieved my first 30 days yesterday and wasnt on the same high as in the beginning, more of feeling of quiet contentment. Now looking forward to achieving another 30.

Rustop

Comment

Sky, it's true that there are so many things to do, that I wonder how I got through my life feeling hungover most days. Thinking back I was just miserable and thought it was just the way it had to be.

Rusttop61, It is great to hear that you are taking such great care of yourself. It feels so good. And you are right on, self-respect, integrity, liking who you look at in the mirror. Gifts we can only give ourselves. 30 days AF is a great accomplishment, congrats. I hope to be there soon.

I woke up with a headache today and thought, "I used to feel worse than this every day." It is amazing the changes we go through AF. I was considering the horrible way I treated myself when I drank. My perception of alcohol is changing. More and more I am considering it a legal poison and vowing to stay AF over the long term. However, with my history, I realize that focusing on the present is vital and committing to being AF today is the only way to go.

Today, I commit to being AF.
                                Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                                X