Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICAL MARCH MARCH ~ WEEK FOUR

Chill,
    Loved your poem to Lav. And yes meeting up with someone from MWO was wonderful. Hope I didn't disappoint LBH by not weighing 400 lbs.,not being male and leaving my Star Trek gear at home.
    We drank coffee, ate breakfast, visited her garden and home. Amazing how much we have in common.

Lav, I believe you are the member of this thread with the longest sobriety. Am I right? It is interesting to me to look back on my months of sobriety. I remember very well painfully starting at day one over and over again. Still don't understand why it just seemed to work this time.

New show on tonight, "Addicted". Has anyone seen it?

Night all, sweetest dreams to you.

Comment

Good evening March friends,

Chill, thank you so much! Your poem made me
      I'm really looking forward to my anniversary - will only celebrate here with all my friends!
      I wish you a wonderful trip this weekend despite the weather forecast & hope your dreams are fulfilled!

Thank you as well Dill. I have a feeling you are firmly on board now

LBH & Shelley - so nice your meeting went well, I'm very happy for both of you!

Sooty, sorry your weather stinks! We had sun today but rain is on the way again. Just try to get out when you can - that's what I'm doing!!

OK, gonna say good night everyone - pleasant dreams!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

OMG IAD - thanks for the pound puppy pic, so cute!!!!!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I?ll be thinking of you on your journey tomorrow/today, Chill. It is indeed rare and liberating to be able to meet a kind and solid person who already knows the serious and sad things about you. By the way, I highly recommend an in-person conversation with our Shelley, what a treat. Tonight, when I think of our meeting today, I feel very fortunate to be sober. Sometimes I fear I am not ?done? with alcohol and the best I can ever do it ?put it off?. At other times I can?t imagine messing with grace as I keep peeling away layers and more emerges. I like sitting around our virtual brunch table here at MWO and getting to know what gets each of us well. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

hi all hope everyone is well,sorry not around much caught up in a bit of business,catch you laters keep marching marchers nearly there....

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

"I know of no more encouraging
              fact than the unquestionable
              ability of man to elevate his life by
              a conscious endeavor."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Great news of the MWO meet-ups! I am not in the least surprised that LBH and Sped clicked as kindred souls will. Chill I look forward to hearing how your meet up goes, too!

I have a LONG day of solid meetings today. It will be trying. But the reward is that I am starting my spring break a day early. Tomorrow we board a plane for New Orleans to visit with our daughter and son-in-law!

I wish all strength and peace.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow, I don't know where to start.

Lav, congrats on your AF anniversary. Your strength and life changing journey is an inspiration to me. I also really need your honesty. One time when I drank again you said something that made a huge difference - maybe I need to get serious about my intentions - and you were right. It really made me think, "What am I doing continuing to drink a couple times a month." So thanks for your help and the time you spend encouraging others. :goodjob:

LBH and Sped - how cool to meet after getting to know one another on this site. The relationships formed here are so honest and deep. We really bare our souls and form a closeness that is not the usual social interaction. LBH, sounds like you are healing more and more each day. :h

Chill, looking forward to hearing about your weekend. Wishing you the best.

Dill, thanks again for the wonderful quote. Have a great time visiting family and getting away from work.

I am off work today, a distant relative's funeral, really a celebration of his life. It is fun to see my family members and yet sad to think of the generation that has gone before us. Reliving the deceased's idiosyncrocies (?) was so much fun, lots of love and laughter. I hope to be able to leave that legacy to my children. From this point on, I want them to be able to count on me AF.

Hope to check in later today.:l
                Redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning March friends,

LBH, I'm so glad you enjoyed your day with Shelley! I imagine you two should be good for each other

Mario, greetings you busy guy!!

Dill, I wish you a wonderful trip to New Orleans! Spending time with our daughters is so special & healing I think. Safe travels!

Red, making a super serious commitment to changing my life is what worked for me! Looking back at my previous attempts (before finding MWO) I see that I wasn't truly commited. I didn't do the planning, I didn't do the mental work, etc. We find success when we finally get around to addressing each & every aspect involved. That's why it is so important to keep trying!

I'm on Golden Retriever duty today.......I'll be driving back & forth to my son's house a few times today to let them out, feed them, etc. I'm just not in the mood to have the Insanity Twins trashing my house today

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Marchers

Lav - What can I say, a huge congratulations on your 1st anniversary. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.

LBH and Sped - Cool that you managed to meet up. I feel that MWO is the only place that I am totally honest about my drinking and what it was doing to me and where I have met kindred souls who are or have been in the same place.

Dill - Have a great time with your family and enjoy.

Red - I am sure you will leave a wonderful legacy to your children.

Mario, Sooty, Spuddle, Chill, IAD and everyone else big hello and have a great AF Thursday.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Lav

Cross posted. I live with a golden retriever so my house is constanly thrashed!! Off now to wash the floors that she muddied after her walk this morning.

Rustop

Comment

Hi everyone, it wasnt raining first thing so I went to the supermarket and the library, got home and cleaned the house - things I wouldn't have had the energy for if I was drinking.
                        LBH and Sped so happy you "clicked" and had a lovely time together, hope the same goes for Chill and her rendezvous too.
                        Well I'm off to do some more stuff, daughter home from uni tomorrow so things will get hectic!
                        See you all later
                        love Sooty

Comment

Saying good night to one & all!

I wake up tomorrow morning a brand new person, again
                          The sober life really rocks - once you get used to it!!!!

Rain is moving in on us as well Sooty! Thinking about a pot of soup tomorrow - I have parsnips in the fridge - yum!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Today is a very special day for one of our favourite Marchers, Lavande. 1 year AF today :goodjob:

I know I congratulated you on another thread but what a great way for the rest of us marchers to start off our week-end. You are an inspiration to the rest of us. It has been reading stories such as yours since coming to MWO that made me hang in there, no matter how many times I slipped. There was always the hope that one day I would find my way!!! At 33 days AF I sincerely hope that I am now well on my way.

Everyone else good morning and have a great AF week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Morning Marchers, still raining - I'm getting used to it now
                              Lav I hope you have a wonderful day - soup that's a nice idea, havent had any for a while I shall go and see what I've got .....
                              See you all later lovely ones
                              Sooty

Comment

Happy anniversary Lav. You were here on my first day at MWO and you have been like the sun rising and setting ever since, a constant steady presence that has helped pull people one by one out of misery and into a healthy and strong way of living. Celebrate in your quiet, matter-of-fact way the you that I have come to love, Ladybird.
                                may we be well

Comment

Working...
                                X