X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICAL MARCH MARCH ~ WEEK FOUR

The ants go Marching one by one Hora....Hora...Keep Marching Marchers ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good morning March marchers!

Thanks IAD, now I feel itchy all over

Only a few days left then March is done & dusted! I think we've made a lot of progress as a group this month.

Rain, wind, fog & chilly temps will be keeping me inside for the next 2 days so I may as well do some Spring cleaning.........Spring will get here eventually, right????

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Afternoon Marchers, rainy and cold here again - hope we're all keeping warm. Busy day here for me and I've just managed to grab a quick minute to log on.
        Have a good day folks
        love Sooty

Comment

Uh Oh!
          Where have all the Marchers gone? Is everyone having a busy Monday??

I'm not busy in the work sense, wasn't really in the mood for Spring cleaning so I ended up reading mos of the afternoon. Way too damp outside to do anything. Facing another rain day tomorrow then nice weather is expected - can't wait

Wishing everyone a Good Night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Marchers from old Cyn - have just read up on the last 2 weeks of posts - congrats all who are doing so well. Quadruple Congrats to you, Lav, on your anniversary - thank you for being our guiding light, our beacon!

Please all, send some energy my way. March has been a tough month; I have been dealing with a lot of fatigue and pain (while AF), overworked myself and ended up falling away from the March, even after getting 60 days under me. Health-wise, I have seen a variety of docs, MRI shows something funky with my pituitary, plus face, neck and back are getting numb, so I'll see a neurologist tomorrow. Lost heart, and did not have the habit of self-care and health and making sobriety #1 priority; lesson learned. I am back in step with you beloved marchers.

LBH - sending you white light for your eye - hope that today went well for you and was not too much.

Well done all, on what sounds like a wonderfully successful month.

Blessings on you -
            to the light

Comment

good morning march marchers,one more day to go...heres to april..well done everybody

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

It's Tuesday morning, bright and early and still dark out.

Spedtech you asked me what time I get up - too early. Many times about 5:00 a.m., sometimes earlier. I also go to bed pretty early too. I am and have always been a morning person.

Cyntree, so good to have you back. Sounds like you are going through a rough time. We are here for you and encourage you to just restart your AF journey. Sixty days AF is something no one can take away from you and definite progress. I am working on 30 days, currently on day 24 and this time determined to just keep going. Let's do this AF think together with all the others on this thread.

I understand the crashing when your job expectations are so intense. I am expected to work at least 10 hours a day and I am telling you it is exhausting. Plus, being salary I get no overtime, but in this economy, what can I do? So, for me self-care is important. I have experimented with different eating plans trying to find the one that is best for me, exercise and right thinking. During the day if I can, I make time to walk outside, bring a good meal, and take time to deep breathe and take little breaks during the day. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes not.

Lavande, thanks for keeping up the thread. How nice to have an afternoon of reading. Heaven to me.

Mario, thanks for your greetings. Hey, have we decided on an April name? I am always up early and may have to start the April thread.
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning Marchers,

Still dark & raining here - boring! But brighter days are promised for the rest of the week so I'll just have to wait it out.

Cyn, we missed you! Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Hope your neurology appointment provides some answers for you. Please take care

Mario, you're looking as handsome as ever!

Red, I retired my nursing career for the very same reasons! The hospitals tend to push you very long & very hard until you drop then kick you out of the way & move on to the next! Not much satisfaction there! You take care of yourself as well

I promise to have a more productive day today - can't goof off forever!
                  Have a good one!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning everybody,
                    Red, hope you mange to carve out some time for yourself, for exercise, eating right and right thinking. I was a classic case of burn out a year and a half ago. And drinking went hand in hand with that. I still have to be vigilant about not doing too much. Making it ok to just kick back and seemingly do nothing.
                    Liked your comment on another thread about being alone and not feeling lonely. It's something I've been thinking about a lot since I stopped drinking.

Cyn, so happy to see your running in the sand avatar. Sad you are feeling poorly. What scary symptoms. Please keep us posted.

LBH, hope your work went well yesterday. If the Lord's away you know I'm a nearby willing chauffeur.

Lav, you're right, no one was around yesterday. That's kind of scary for me. This thread has been a place I visit at lest once daily. Will renew my commitment to post daily also. I was a nurse in my 20's. Tried to back to it in my 50's but it proved to be too grueling. Teaching's grueling enough!

Morning Mario. Did you decide to take the truck driving job or go back to school? General consensus seemed to support the school idea.

I have the morning off. Teach and tutor this afternoon. My husband's leaving today for a week.
                    Red, I shall practice being alone.

Comment

Good morning Marchers

Wet and miserable here in New York. This is just a quick check in. Doing ok, have had the odd "would'nt it be nice thought" when the drinks trolley came around in the plane or in the restaurants but have not acted on it.

Off for another busy day's shopping. Hope everyone is doing well.

Rustop

Comment

Hey Lav the garlic leaves are not quite as strong as the bulb but when you use a lot there is a strong flavour of garlic but not as hot and really nice. Give it a try. I am doing French onion soup today. It is a bit light so I will do baked potatoes on the side. I used to put sherry in it in the bad old days but a drop of balsamic vinegar does fine.
                        I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Hi Gang!
                          So nice to be back and to see everyone is doing well.

Rustop - I had lots of similar "wouldnt it be nice" thoughts on my weekend away...
                          When arriving at a restaurant and being asked if I wanted to go to the bar 1st or straight to the table.... emm hhmm yes well... the table i guess.

Then there was the luminated mini bar in my bedroom.....

And on the flight home they had no hot drinks and kept apologizing by saying "we have a full bar of alcohlic drinks available"........anyway I survived what was probably my 1st biggest test and managed to get home AF.

And the company......well as you all well know MWO only attracts the best calibre of people and I was not disapointed in fact I owe him a huge gratitude for keeping me AF throughout the weekend. So will there be a follow up date? ABSOLUTELY! :happyheart:
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello marchers - lovely to see you. Another busy day over here but glad to see that we're all still marching along.
                            Chill, fab news about your "rendezvous" - a bit of romance does us all good I just wish some would come my way
                            Hope we all have a successful day - see you all later or tomorrow.
                            Have we got a name for April yet?
                            love Sooty

Comment

Afternoon Nesters,

I just noticed Flash Flood Warnings running across the bottom of the TV screen......this is getting boring! This weather MADE me go in the kichen & make some Chocolate Almond Biscotti :H

Shelley, the good thing is you are never totally alone around here. I know I'm just a PM or email away

Rustop - leave the wine on the drink trolley, have the tea instead

Raven - I do love French Onion soup, sounds good especially on a day like this!

Chill, welcome back! So glad your meeting went well, good for you! It's Springtime & love is in the air........well, at least for some of you - very nice

Sooty - how does 'April Achievers' sound?
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Lav - I like April Achievers!
                                I will reach my first 100 days AF in April and life continues to be unrecognizable compared to 2009..... I am SO very grateful to you all for being here and for sharing this amazing journey with me :l
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X