AF Daily - Monday, March 22, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all - didn't see my favorite thread so I thought I'd get it kicked off today. Hope all are well. I'm off to a slow start after staying up till all hours watching the health care reform activity go on. Since I sell insurance, I know I'll get calls today & I do like to know what's happening at least to be able to help my folks understand the mechanics of the process at least.

It's sunny here & should warm up, so lots of melting will go on & muddy paws will be the order of the day, I'm sure. But that's fine if it means the beginning of my spring.

Day 29 AF for me today! Can you believe it??? I am so surprised myself. I'll be buying more Ice Cream for sure, so I can eat that tonight while watching the Dancing with the Stars Opener! (man, do I know how to live or what!)

Shoulder feeling much better today too, so maybe the snow was God's way of telling me to sit around & get a bit of rest.

All in all - feeling great. Busy week ahead & very optimistic Monday to start. Hope all of you have great things planned as well!!

FG

Morning abbers!

I was looking too FG and started one after you. Where's everybody been?

A VERY March day today - windy, sunny one moment, then looks like rain the next.

I'm getting over time lag but still "off". Today I'm restless, sort of ADD feeling. Can't seem to settle down - maybe it's the paperwork I don't want to do.

Tonight there is a master gardener program at the library. Think I'll catch that and spur myself on to do something in the tundra.

Have an amusing monday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Ooooo - that gardner thing sounds great Greenie. Wonder if we have anything like that here. Too early to plant anything of course. Even if the snow melts all we have right now is goop underneath, but I may do some type of container garden this year - at least that's the plan . . . .you gave me a good idea to check on.

Comment

Thursday night they have a program on couponing. I get e-mails from them on programs.
        I love the smell of bookstores and libraries.
        sigpic

Comment

Ab fabbers,

I'm here! Sulking because I can't eat cheese.

FG - you're going to have a busy time at work, then, with the reforms? I haven't heard yet from my English friend who lives in Connecticut (she married an American) what it will mean for her family. Probably an improvement, because she's self-employed so her husband has to get insurance through his employer. She, obviously, thinks the system is nuts coming from a country where we have free healthcare and is always complaining about it, but I dunno if she thinks these reforms are good or bad.

Greenie - Very March here too. Warm yesterday, started off sunny today but now it's gone a bit downhill and there's a cold wind.
          Library rage in my library this morning! Long queue and people who were just trying to return books were abandoning them instead of waiting and the librarian was getting very annoyed :H

I've been looking for a new gym. Can't go back to mine as Disappointing Date Woman is there and it had become inconvenient in terms of location anyway (I joined it before I was working where I am now, and really need somewhere closer to work or closer to home).
          In the meantime, it's weird not to have my automatic gym routine on my days off.
          But at least I've FINALLY finished last week's book group book. :H
          Good actually - "The Way the Crow Flies" by Anne-Marie McDonald - but I personally would have chopped 200 pages if I'd been her editor.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Greenie been waiting to see how Disappointing Date Woman and gym membership played out.
            sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;826172 wrote: Greenie been waiting to see how Disappointing Date Woman and gym membership played out.
              :H :H :H

I was getting fed up with trekking five miles out of my way to go to the gym anyway. It was a nice place though. And when I cancelled my monthly payment I discovered that they hadn't actually been charging me since last August, so it's been FREE! (I really need to start checking my bank statements :H).
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I used to pay my finances no mind when I was drunk.I would be in overdraft often. Spend silly money on drink then rubbish when drunk. I am much better with it now.
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

I know what you mean Raven. I thought nothing of spending money I didn't have. In this last few weeks sober, I have really been mindful of what I've been doing with money & making good plans. Amazing . . . .

Comment

Hello friends!

Windy here too, but at least the sun is shining! And, it is a balmy 66 degrees. I have been busy with my bookkeeping jobs and many errands today. I've given up on the notion of wearing contacts, so spent an hour trying to pick out new frames. I'm thinking about making a fashion statement instead of trying to look like I don't wear glasses.

Anyway, I ran across this article on facebook, and I thought I'd share. My kids have asked me before about my drug and alcohol abuse and I've been fairly honest, but not totally. I don't really think they need to know everything! I have said that I have done some really stupid things and made some really bad choices because of being drunk though. I am really interested in her book about "Delaying that first drink". It is a new concept for parents/kids, but there is so much science behind it, maybe it will sink in.

Decoder - Breaking down teen culture, substance abuse, and parenting ? Blog Archive ? Mom, Did You Ever Take Drugs or Get Really Drunk?

ta ta for now :h (Hey, where has DG been?)
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi everyone! Nice to see your posts! I have officially made it to Day 3 AF. Am very proud!
                      :yay:
                      :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Congrats on day 3 Rived!

Comment

rived...:goodjob:
                          sigpic

Comment

awwww, you guys are the BEST!
                            :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Hey Ab Fabbers,

Finally checking in here today......another long day watching my grandson. I'm tired but happy

Congrats rived - you're doing great!

Marshy, Greenie, LVT, FG, Leelou - greetings to all of you!

Good question - where is DG?

I wish you all a terrific AF night - I'm watching Dancing with the Stars too
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X