X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - March 24

Happy Humpday Ab Fabbers!

Beautiful sunny day here today - nice!

Have lots to do today including a visit to my dental office to get my teeth cleanned - lucky me! Babysitting this afternoon while my DIL attends her class.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily - March 24

Yo abberoooos!!

Yay! Today is trash day! :H All the crap from the shed is at the curb and will be gone by tonight. Now I'm working on yard sale stuff for sometime in the near future (before it gets hot so in the next month). Hoping people will pay me for stuff I don't want.

Went to the doggie park yesterday evening and it was gorgeous and FULL of doggies. Mine had the perfect opportunity to play with a beautiful australian shepherd youngster who wanted to romp, but she (mine) ran off screaming. Bummer. Thought she'd be improved since the playing at Nags Head. Anyway it's a nice gathering of sober people.

Tonight I meet friends for dinner at a place I haven't tried yet and then to a Banff Film Festival showing at the University. That'll be fun.

Happy hump! :H
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Hi All,

Just checking in. Today is day 80 AF/NF and I feel good.

After thinking about it for a long time, I decided to go to college. I'm in my second week of a 19 month program to get an Associates of Applied Business Degree as a Medical Assistant. I've always been interested in the medical field, and this will allow me to work in a hospital, doctor's office, lab, etc.
      It's a tough program but I'm having fun. The Medical Assistant field is expected to grow 52% in the next 5 years.

It's alot of fun going back to school. It's a tough class schedule and lots of homework, but it keeps me busy and off the streets....

Stay AF everyone.......it's a good thing.

Don

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Chief how wonderful for you!! (the rapid growth of the field is rather disturbing)
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Hi all! Happy Hump Day indeed! I love the transformations that happen for people who manage to slay the beast. I love reading about Lav and the energizer bunny. (the dentist? Not so much! :H) I love reading about Greenie's adventures near and far and ridding of the ex, and hooping and everything. I love reading about Chief and your return to school! How exciting!

My life has changed so much too. I am more actively engaged in me and Mr. Doggy's main business, and now have my own business too. I can't speak for the rest of you, but in my case NONE of this would be possible if I were still drinking, or drinking / relapsing drinking, etc. My life now isn't perfect but it's a LIFE!!! At the end of my drinking career, what I had was barely living, and wanting to die a good part of the time.

Sobriety rocks. It is worth EVERY bit of effort it takes to get it and hang onto it.

So where are the rest of the Abbie Fabbies and your stories of transformation???

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Zoom, zoom... cooking dinner.

If I was still drinking I wouldn't have been splashing about in here this morning before work. And, yes, if I lived in one of those houses overlooking it, I'd definitely have my binoculars out :H

DG - is that your new Mary Kay runaround??

Have a good day/eve all! Attached files [img]/converted_files/1185605=5543-attachment.jpg[/img]
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Wow Marshy - that is an AWESOME pool! You really went swimming there today? It must be HEATED big time? If Johnny Depp ever goes swimming there, forget the binocs and get out the camera with zoom zoom lense, OK? :H

That is my Mary Kay Wannabe Runaround. One of the speakers at the convention last weekend has one just like that. (except a pretty silver fender - not a pink fender!) Mr. Doggy said he would even drive a pink one like that. :H

I got my first web site order over the weekend and it was a man. I assumed he must be purchasing some skin care products as a gift for a woman. That'll teach me to assume. (they are great products for men too!!)

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Doggygirl;827372 wrote: Wow Marshy - that is an AWESOME pool! You really went swimming there today? It must be HEATED big time?
                It's my new watering hole :H Really nice way to start the day. I don't think it's heated any more than an indoor pool, but it was very mild today (although I saw one woman shriek when she dipped her toe in and run back to the changing room :H). It stays open all year though. Apparently it only closes if the weather is so wet and windy that the lifeguards can't see the bottom of the pool. Don't think I'll be braving it in those conditions!

I'm sure the MKWR will be yours one day!
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Hi Guys

Marshy wow Im impressed by both the pool and you being in it before work!!

I have packed my boots and my raincoat but will be leaving my swinsuit at home....
                  tomorrow London here I come!
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - March 24

Chillgirl - latest weather forecast: tomorrow a bit grim, Fri & Sat sunny and mild! I'm feeling strangely responsible for the weather :H:H
                    Hope you have a great time!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X