AF daily - Friday, March 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick start to get the thread up and running.

And a big congratulations to Lavande for ONE YEAR AF!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Back to the grindstone
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

YAY LAV!!!

couponing.... for some it is a life changing event. For some it is not. I'm in the not group. But only because of the way I eat and I don't feed a family. I did take away some info though. I didn't know that the coupons came out right before the stuff goes on sale. I'll change that - buying when I don't need is something new and different. Her whole concept is based on stocking the pantry and buying with coupons which are in 6 to 8 week cycles. And you don't buy it unless it is the best possible price. (Her kid went a week w/o ketchup - I use maybe a half a bottle and throw it out sometime way past the expire date) (She waits until there are no sale price bananas left and then gets the rain checks to use when they aren't on sale. I won't be checking the store for when the bananas are gone) I got some websistes and some info on store policies at MY local stores. It was good, but I'd probably do better spending my time at the farmer's market.

How's rived doing? Rived??

Uni???
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Ab Fabbers!

Thanks Marshy, I'm jumping for joy today - hope I don't hurt myself :H
      Our beautiful Spring weather disappeared overnight but that's OK. I'm going to turn all the lights on, tune up the music & party inside where it's warm & dry

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

I've got my big bookkeeping job pretty much done, so I've taken a little time this morning to catch up on some threads. Quite entertaining I might add! Unfortunately my bad memory prohibits me from commenting on everything I'd like to.

:goodjob: to lav! Celebrate and treat yourself! Isn't it amazing? I'm so happy for anyone that can go that first year AF--it gets so much easier after that!

Leelou-ouch! Have you tried a compression wrap? That may help a little. I hope your doctor can give you some answers.

I agree with Det when he said all you daters out there remember protection. Pepper spray for sure.

Greenie--I think the coupon thing could be a full-time job. I tried it for about a day, and I guess I just don't have what it takes.

I watched a really good movie last night. Seven Pounds. I'm going to make sure my kids watch it because it has to do with texting and driving, but the scenario could easily be changed to drinking and driving.

That's all I've got for now. I need to go out and check the cows to see if there are any new babies. I love spring!

Have a great weekend all! :h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:yay:woo-hoo! woo-hoo-hoo!! The kid that lived next door is here with his truck and trailer!!:happy::wd::woot::danthin::clapping2:
          sigpic

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

huge kudos to Lavande!!!!! wooooooo! par tay! how you going to celebrate?

I'm off to see the wizard,

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

HI Ab Fabbers!
              Just a quick pop in from me.....what a week!! My week included having my plane from MN diverted to KC and getting stuck there overnight until mid afternoon the next day due to a storm in Denver. Yesterday was my B-Day and I spend it getting caught up on work and dealing with my psychotic boss! But, drinking was not even a thought through all of this!! Yeah! You know gang, it becomes a habit dealing with stress, anxiety and life issues without alcohol!! And a mighty good way of dealing, I must say!

I am looking forward to the weekend and my daughters baby shower on Sunday!!

Have a Great Weekend All! and Lav....Huge Congrats again on your first of many Sober Years!!

XXX Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

More congrats to Lav! :yougo::yougo::yougo:

LVT - how cool to be looking for baby cows! That brought a tear to my eye in a good way! The arrival of spring must be really amazing at your house!

Marshy, hope the grindstone isn't TOO grinding today! Any plans this weekend? You know, dates and stuff for those of us living vicariously through you single people?

Greenie, I was hoping for a report of some sort of magical coupon news. I'm not much of a couponer either. Yay for the neighbor and the truck arriving! Are you free at last???

Det are you in Hawaii?????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!! Sorry you got stuck during tavel. UGGHH. Have fun this weekend with birthday stuff and the big shower!

Leelou, hope you are feeling better today. Hello to all others lurking and yet to post today!

I just spoke on the phone with an old friend from High School. (well, not THAT old as she is also 29!) I haven't talked to her since before I quit smoking and drinking so over 3 years. We have been in and out of touch over the years but always seem to get along when we make a point of crossing our paths. We were both big drinkers and I wasn't sure what she would say when I told her I quit. Turns out she quit too about a year ago. She is having very good luck with Naltrexone - she is totally AF. I'm glad I called her. Now I know that if we decide to hook up for lunch or something, drinking won't be an issue.

The sober life is the good life.

The Ice Dance Free Dance is on right now. During Zamboni breaks they have this "loft" show and Johnny Weir is on it. Johnny can always be counted on to say the unexpected. :H :bling

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;828559 wrote:
                  Marshy, Any plans this weekend? You know, dates and stuff
                  Doing 12-hour shifts all the way through. That's why I'm single! Well, that and the drinking and the annoying personality and the hairy toes...

Happy belated birthday Kate!
                  sigpic

Comment

Feckin-A!!!! The humongous pile of stuff is gone!!! :flyingunders::flyingunders::flyingunders:
                    sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;828566 wrote: Feckin-A!!!! The humongous pile of stuff is gone!!! :flyingunders::flyingunders::flyingunders:
                      What a relief, Greenie!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yay Greenie! :yougo::flyingunders::yougo:

:upset: for you Marshy having to work so much this weekend! Hopefully you are making the Big Bucks so it's worthwhile...

Can't wait to hear what Chillgirl is up to in London!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

The big question is.......
                          Do you think Chillgirl will be willing to tell us what she did in London?????

Greenie - there's nothing like a guy with a truck & trailer Congrats on getting rid of the crap in your house!!

My daughter took the day off, we went to lunch in the Mushroom Capital of the World - Kennett Square, PA We took a stroll thru the old town, even stopped in the Mushroom Exhibit (didn't buy any mushroom T shirts or anything though). It was a nice, relaxing afternoon

DG, I wish I had a video to show you of my daughter's Pembrooke Welsh Corgi. He's in his 2nd level agility class - I just watched him jump a 16" hurdle. Pretty good for a dog with such short legs! He's a real little go-getter!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, if you ever capture any video of that, I would love to see it!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Lavande;828583 wrote:
                              Do you think Chillgirl will be willing to tell us what she did in London?????
                              I hope her romantic weekend involves a log fire - it's cold out there tonight!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X