AF daily - Friday, March 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is....CHILL HAD BETTER SPILL!!! When she gets back!! OH! Yes!!

Lot's of cool stuff going on for everyone! Wish I could write replies to all!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Chill is gonna have to say it with 6 dating smilies!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm still here!

Hi Everyone! You guys all sound so great--very uplifting indeed!

I have been checking in with the "Just Starting Out" threads for the past couple of days, and getting overwhelmed by trying to read them all! Sorry that I have neglected to come here, but my brain gets burned out on posts!

Today is 1 Week AF for me! I have a huge sense of resolve to remain AF; no cravings, no urges to drink, and the last visit from my Demon was 3 days ago (I kicked her ass!).

I got a bit discouraged by reading posts in the Newbies' section (even though I still consider myself a Newbie). I have encountered a number of people who seem to want to moderate--NOT FOR ME!--and it makes me uncomfortable reading their posts. I think I have to hang with you guys here for a while because you seem to be committed abstainers.

Also I am unnerved by reading about people's failure to "make it past X Number of Days" or people who might make it to a great milestone and then order a glass of wine with dinner (WHAT?). I am not criticizing anyone for their decisions or their failures (I myself have failed many times), but rather I feel different now than I have ever felt in my long drinking career. I feel like it is all over and I want to move on and truly strive for complete abstinence--forever.

I don't want to be (or appear to be) overconfident, but I think I need to stay in the presence of people who know that they want to abstain forever and commit every ounce of their energy to achieve that goal.

Thanks for all of your support on this. You will be hearing more from me from here on out!

(Thanks for asking about me greeneyes!)
        :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Good to see you back here Rived! That's exactly what this thread is all about - discussion for those of us who have made a committment to abstinence, at least for today! (some feel uncomfortable with the notion of "forever" so "for now" is OK in this thread as long as the goal is abstinence for now)

Anyway, I understand all that you say. I like and need exposure to a good mix of newcomers AND experienced sober people. I learn from both. You will find lots of experienced sober people checking in on various threads in this section of the forum.

Love your attitude. That will serve you well.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulations on one year Lavande!
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Thanks M3!

Thanks everyone for sharing this special day!

rived, you post wherever you feel comfortable!
              The Newbies Nest can be a bit frustrating at times - but it was designed to provide a safe place for those just getting started, before they really even know the direction they are heading
              You are doing great with a week AF - keep it going!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:wd::wd::wd::yay::wd::wd: BIG CONGRATS LAVANDE!!!

It's been great to read through and see that the Abbers are going strong. As of this moment I am 36 Days, 21 Hours and 40 Minutes sober! (Just discovered the sober days calculators on line!) I am deeply committed to staying this way! I completely understand your discomfort with moderation talk, Rived. I wanted so much to believe I could do it and be happy with it. I kept trying for about 25 years! A couple of years ago I left SMART Recovery, where I'd been working on staying sober, because I read "My Way Out", and suddenly moderation seemed possible and doable. In that sense, the book was a pitfall for me. Nevertheless I got great support here from the Mod Squad as well as the AFers, and definitely achieved some good damage control.

I am so very much happier since making the commitment to stay sober. I'm doing a lot of hard internal/introspective work, and it is quite a trip! But it's so good.

I would post here more often, but I often don't have time to post until late at night, and then it's the tail end of a daily thread. I'll make an effort to pop in in the morning when I can. You guys are just awesome, and I don't want to lose touch!

Sara
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                X