X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday March 27

Good moning Ab Fabbers,

Beautiful sunny but chilly day here!
    First thing I need to do it get outside & tend to my happy hens - kind of ignored them yesterday! I was too busy partying :H

I also need to get to the supermarket to pick up what I need for tomorrow's Palm Sunday cookout! I started this tradition many years ago - nice way to officially end winter

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday, enjoy!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Good morning to ALL!

Feeling very happy and free today! Haven't felt this great in years.

Have to clean house today--spending too much time in MWO forums :h and have neglected my housework!

Will check in periodically. Happy Saturday morning!
    :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

FABB ABBERS!!!

Off to the botanical garden spring fling! With a sweater. It's a happy day. Me, rived, lav, the hens.... :H

Hope everyone else is having a happy day.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy Saturday Fabbie Abbies!

Lav - your cookout sounds like a GREAT way to usher in the change of seasons! What time should I be there? What's on the menu? Can I take some chicken poop home with me for my garden?

Hi Rivved! Good to see you today and SO HAPPY that you are feeling abbie fabbie today. Spending extra time on MWO and neglecting housework is FAR better than what I used to do, which was say to myself: "Self, let's have "a drink" (hahahaha) to get motivated, and then do some housework!" I'll let you guess how much housework got done. All I ever ended up with was a dirty house AND a hangover. :egad: Enjoy your sober day doing whatever non-drinking thing the spirit ends up moving you to do!

GREENIE!! I want to come live in Greenie's world. You do really cool sounding stuff. After Lav's picnic tomorrow, can I come to your house? Maybe we can do some hooping and letterboxing. Have fun at the gardens!

I'm feeling rested today and great. Have been to AA and the post office and now I'm watching the end of the Ladies Free Skate. Soon the figure skating season will be over, and gardening season will begin. I'm waiting for the next warm day to get out there and finish fall clean up. :H I'm a little behind on that.

When figure skating is over I might do some office organizing and cleanup or I might goof off. Either way I will be happy!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Ab fabbers!

Workin'

Saturday was always my BIG drinking day (this was before I worked on Saturdays :H), and I'd probably have been passed out by now, would wake up in a few hours and start all over again. Ugg. So, all in all, I'm pretty happy to be at work. :H

Hope everyone's having a great day with the hens, doing the housework (don't overdo it now, rived ), spring flinging and bling-blinging.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi there beautiful people. I have not been home for a few days. Its the longest I have been off this site since getting sober. In the beginning I felt I needed this place every day to keep me going. I am glad I can go a few days feeling like a normal person at last. It is still good to be back.
            I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

So where'd ya go raven? huh? huh?

Still cruising through a happy day. Bumped into some GF at the spring fling entrance and tagged along with them. I bought a new lemon verbena plant for my iced tea this summer and some new pruners. Then we decided to go eat at a little cafe nearby and sat outside and had a lovely little lunch. This place has my favorite vanilla roibos tea. Then on the way to the nursing home, I spotted a veggie stand and pulled in. It was a cool little mediterranean market with fresh produce (from their small local farm where they use no pesticides or chemical fertilizers) and fresh baked goods. They have packaged items too. I'm delighted with this little gem of a find. (scored some beets for supper!) Now it's off to the doggie park. DG your remark reminded me I need to put a "hitchhiker" in a letterbox we have palanted in the park where the doggie park is so it can be on it's way. Happy day!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

DG - you can come any time & you are welcome to all the chicken poop you can carry

Good to see you again Raven!

Marshy, I worked every other weekend thru my 27 year nursing career - that was enough but it did keep me out of trouble

Greenie - it was too chilly up this way today to sit outside but it didn't rain!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF night!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I went to Cardiff to meet my son for dinner and spent a couple of nights being a tourist in Wales.
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                  X