• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April ~ 2010

I enjoy my sobriety so much that I hate to waste my time. Part of my
    spiritual program involves a correct use of time. I will not spend time
    with negative or destructive people. I will not spend time in useless
    gossip or doing things I do not enjoy to please other people.

I am enjoying life so much I do not wish to waste any of it. Spirituality
    involves a creative stewardship of time.
    - Daily Recovery Readings

I hope you all don't mind the name I chose. It is simple and holds good memories for me.
    It's a beautiful day here and I don't want to waste a minute of it. I remember when I first started this journey that time seemed to just drag along so slowly. I couldn't imagine how I was going to fill it without drinking! Now time goes by so fast! I wish sometimes it would slow down!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

AF April ~ 2010

Hey, Happy April everyone!

Good name Dill, good memory too
    We have a beautiful day promised here as well. I will be outside enjoying it as much as possible!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Thanks for starting us off Dill on AF April. Yes, where does all that time go that we used to spend drinking and being hungover?! Its one of lives great mysteries...

Loved the daily reading, for a no. of years now i have worked at only being around positive people and so have created a world which is virtually free of negativity. I treat it as a game if a negative thought comes my way by replacing it immediately with a positive one no matter how ridiculous it sounds. i.e. my house just burned down - at least i dont have to:- clean out my closets, do the laundry, pay the phone bill or great! Now i get to buy new stuff! :H

My calendar affirmation for today is- "I enjoy the inner quest & find many answers, I am discovering new wisdom within myself."

Lav - One of your chocolate almond biscotti's would be just perfect with my afternoon "bica" (expresso)

Sped - let me just say "fantastic!"

Red - Stargazers are my most favorite flowers, i love to walk into a room and smell that fragrance

Greetings to everyone else this fabulous AF April.......
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

happy aprils to everyone, hope its as good as last month..love your motavation dill

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hello everyone! AF April is starting off in a wonderful way here. The weather today is gorgeous and I spent the morning celebrating 13 years of sobriety with my AA sponsor. Life is good.

Dill, I love the reading you posted. I don't want to waste any more life either. I love the idea of surrounding ourselves with positive rather than negative influences. I too am at how time seems to FLY now. Oh well - I'm just going to keep going with the flow. So long as whatever is flowing is AF. :H

Here's to a fabulous AF April.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

I love the spare April name and the quotes, Dill and Chill. I am normally positive and peaceful but have been increasingly tightly wound of late. Sorry to be a downer. No need to change fonts, Dill, I can enlarge most windows with my browser and I type posts in Word. I have no idea if my eye is going to get better, if I need more surgery, or if that would even help, but I do have another follow-up appointment tomorrow. I have really been feeling crazy this week as I had to type a long difficult report which gave me major discomfort and fatigue, but fortunately I was able to arrange for somebody else to proofread it and it is done and in the mail as of this morning. Last night I was at a memorial dinner honoring the anniversary of a friend?s death and I just felt more and more angry and sad. I did not make it through March AF as I had a toast with a glass of wine. I stopped at a second as I was afraid it would open some sort of floodgate, and today I feel better just taking care of what is at hand, things that are at least seemingly in my range of control. I hate certain kinds of uncertainty, so Cyn I am really in your corner as certain illnesses and disorders are so hard to diagnose before one can begin to deal with it. I am not going to drink over loss or fear today and as nothing else seems to be a problem I should be fine Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

LBH - As always you articulate so incredibly well that I can feel the emotion in your post..
              Im so sorry you are feeling down but it is hardly suprising in view of everything you are dealing with, and its ok to feel down. Sometimes when you accept that, its enough to lighten your mood.

I am sending you through some positive love and energy :l

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant......
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hello everyone lovely to be here in April.
                I have to start by telling you though that I went out for lunch today with friends for a 40th birthday and I did have a couple of drinks over the 5 hours I was out. I am, however pleased that I have come home and have no intention of having any more and I'm planning on hanging out with the rest of you for the rest of April.
                LBH I do hope your eye gets better soon and I do hope you see some improvement soon. You've really been through the mill and you've been so brave :l
                Dill I love the name - simple and straightforward -
                right gang going to make a hot choc and settle down for the evening
                love sooty

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

april already. yeah. love the words dill, all this new time must be used wisely. im gonna try chills way of replaceing negative with positive... if i get stuck ill come here for positive replacement. ive been soooo tired last few days, feel i could sleep for a month (no thats not how i will spend april)
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hey Spuddle - I've missed you :l

Just let me know when you have a negative thought and I will help you blast it away!!!
                    And no you cant sleep for a month.... your a duck not a doormouse :H
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

AF April, I love it, Dill. The reading is especially meaningful as the time wasted drinking means drinking is a waste of time. But now, we have a new sense of time, filling it with all sorts of positive activities, thoughts and actions. Good for us. The weather in the Midwest is lovely, I am feeling so relaxed and hopeful now that spring is here.

LBH, surgery and recovery is so hard. It is normal to feel depressed and overwhelmed at times. I have had surgeries in the past and needed time to heal. So, be patient with yourself and know we are here to support and encourage you.

Chill, nice thought, finding wisdom within ourselves. It is so true. The longer we are AF, the more we learn about how to live life the way is should be lived.

Doggygirl, welcome. AF April to all.
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

It was absolutely beautiful outside today, more nice weather coming tomorrow

Chill - bica - that's the word I couldn't remember! OK, you bring the bica, I think I'll make more biscotti - they weren't half bad

Happy April to you Mario, DG, Sooty, Spud & Red. LBH, I glad you had someone to help you finish your project. Now please try to rest, no stress. I should send you some of my lavender from last year's garden - smells so nice, very relaxing!

OK, time to do nothing for a bit then call it a day.
                        Sleep well everyone.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hi ! All.......Were all here to be sober. Let's move on ! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Happy April all - I'm back from the nether regions, and this evening it's cool here which is so nice, as it reminds me of eastern and midwest springtimes -- soon it will be beastly hot here, so I am trying to soak it all up now.

LBH - I agree with Red, be gentle with yourself, healing seems to take it's own sweet time. Sending you evening sage-thrush calls to serenade you.

Today I have tried to take that approach - gentleness and just understanding that where I am, I am. (Profound, huh?!) I can't explain why it's given me comfort, but maybe just the break from straining and rushing and gritting of teeth and attempting to be Glenda the Good Witch all the time (or Tinkerbelle, can't quite decide which I would rather not be). Or maybe it's the soft sweetness in the air, and the comfy moon looking down...

At any rate, welcome April, and thank you journeying friends -
                            to the light

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Cyntree, I know what you mean, "understanding that where I am, I am." It is acceptance. Growing older, now that I am fifty, I am also feeling that way. I have been reflecting alot on my life, what I want, what I have and am grateful for. Knowing that there is nothing a drink will do to make my life any better. Only miserable.

This weekend will be one where my husband and I are on our own. Peaceful, if I choose to think of it that way. It's all about perception. I definitely plan on being AF today, and commit to it.
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                              X