AF April ~ 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF April ~ 2010

Sooty it will probably take me a long time to sell up here so not sure when i will actually be moving. Im thinking about the Oxfordshire area of the UK.

Red - I never heard it called white chilli before, i like that! I dont eat red meat so often make chilli with Quorm mince which is from the fungi family and very low in fat.

Dill - 2 AF Easters is fab! I have had a wonderful day and look forward to the 2nd one...
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

What cheer today! Red, I ditto your understanding of this day as a celebration of re-birth -- what a signal holiday for us all. Early congrats on 30 days!!!!
      Dill - that is one seriously happy bunny - what a riot!
      Lav - hope your church visit was good, and that dinner is a fun affair with the little guy.
      Chill - loved the image of you cracking your shell and emerging...I'm keeping that one in mind.

Hope all have had/are having a beautiful spring day and evening - just the dogs and me here at the house, and we'll be AF tonight - cheers -
      to the light

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hi Cyn. I certainly wish you could have been at the local botanical garden with Shelley and me today. It was beautiful and finally warm with thousands of daffodils, early tulips, and flowering trees. Shelley and I chattered, Lord Bird Heart was quiet and sweet. Lord BH and I gave her a little succulent that looks like a rock from a plant show we attended this morning. We then had pomegranate tea and I lent Shelley our leaf blower, a fun outing and pragmatic as well! As you are a Southwest neighbor we trust one of these days our paths will cross, you would be a pea in the pod. Our love to you and your doggies. Happy rebirth to all. Love, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Evening April friends,

Had a lovely day - my 2nd AF Easter as well Dill

Church was nice - grumpless

My grandson's Easter oufit is in the washer right now...........he discovered the joy of biting the ears off of a chocolate Easter bunny - got some good pictures of that!

All in all a good day, grateful to be AF!
          Good night everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Good morning and happy Monday! I enjoyed reading all of yesterdays posts with the really nice holiday themes. I am up early today and am looking forward to getting the new week rolling. This is so wonderful compared to the old hungover days where getting the day started was a really unpleasant task. Much less having to realize it's Monday morning and there is a whole week of trying to drink AND get other stuff done before the weekend comes again. What drudgery that was.

Life is so much better now! Have a great day everyone.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Good Morning, DG! I wanted to give you the heads-up that AF April 2010, week 2 has been started. We have a habit of breaking the month up into weekly units. See you over there!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

Hello All,
                Great to see so many posters that had AF Easters!
                I had friends staying on Saturday night. Between them, they polished of 6 bottles of wine.
                I was sober and it was ok.
                I do realise though, that it did put unwanted pressure on me. There were two or three times that I 'thought' one glass wouldn't hurt.
                Again, I was able to think it through. But, in hindsight, I think I will steer clear of similar situations in the future.
                Now just need to deal with my rising sugar intake. Need to address that and my caffiene intake this week.
                Hope everyone has a wonderful productive week!
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AF April ~ 2010

I just saw my first butterfly of spring.
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                  X