X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday April 1

Hey Ab Fabbers!

Happy April Fools Day :H

It's a beautiful Spring day inmy neighborhood, I intend to get out & enjoy it as much as possible. Of course that means mud & grass stains on my knees & dirt under the fingernails, etc Look out garden - here I come!!! I am happy & grateful for this sober life!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Hi Lav! I have to go to the Women's luncheon but after that, I too am hoping to get outside! Never did get around to fall garden cleanup yesterday. I was too busy shopping for Purple Tie Die shoes. This shopping has GOT to STOP!

Chillgirl, did I miss the report about your trip??? TELL TELL TELL!! Hope you had a grand time.

Where is everyone? Is Deter back home cooking up more orange worms and garlic??? (:H I know those weren't worms!)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

JACKRABBIT!!!

I had to shop for law items and a gas can for my new lawnmower. And a birthday card for my niece (to be 35) from my father. The really fun thing about sending cards on his behalf is I get these really odd cards and doctor them up and stuff and sign his name. :H:H Her card is a really cheesy looking fold out poster of the Jonas Brothers.

Last night I saw the last half of a rerun of The Office on TV. It was about the boss doing an intervention in the middle of the office Christmas party. I have to say it was hilarious. He ends up dragging the woman (who had set her hair on fire) into the intervention place by her head. There are times when drinking topics are really funny to me but I feel like since I know first-hand the tragedy of it that I really shouldn't laugh. It's that laughing in church or in the back of a police car kind of feeling of inappropriate hilarity. Please say I'm not the only one.

OK back to this nasty old WERK! WERK! WERK!

Do have a fabby abbie day! Zoom!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie that sounds like a funny episode. You should be a fly on the wall at some of the AA meetings I go to. You would laugh your a$$ off. :H So long as we're alive to tell about it, Katy bar the door.

Wow. Your lawnmower sounds like a new pet. (have to get it some toys and food.....) :H

I don't ever want to hear you complain about yardword this year! Hey wait! Wanna come to my house with that lawnmower???

I thought of you the last couple days back at Curves. I "hooped." :H That was my "extra credit." Both directions.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey guys, Checking in here. I fell off the wagon (stupid stupid stupid) and have stayed away for about a week. But I'm back up on reminding myself how great I felt after 45 days AF! Back to it - FECK! (as greeny would say!)

Missed you guys.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

We missed you too Uni. Feck feck feck. May I ask what modifications you will be making to your sobriety plan? (hey - if we don't nag each other about our plans, who will do it???) The important thing always is that you are back!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Uni, this was from March 16th.

Hi guys,

Late check in here.

Marshy, I am so sorry that your date wasn't what you expected but hey! At least you called and went for it right? Phew, first sober date out of the way for you!

I had a busy day at work, things are a little hectic right now but I'm doing well. Had a great nigtht last night with my daughter - it felt so peaceful, being able to play and not worry about drinking. It was an amazing feeling! this morning we cuddled in bed and slept in a little bit before we headed out. Absolute bliss.

Sober is the way. Wish I had figured that out before - I have so much that I have missed - I'm just so glad that it's not too late and that I figured it out at a young enough age!

Love you guys!

Have a great night!

FECK! is right! :b&d: Get yer arse back on the sober wagon!!
              sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;831744 wrote:

FECK! is right! :b&d: Get yer arse back on the sober wagon!!
                Sorry Uni but yea :mad-door: get ur ass back in gear!!

Greeneyes - is it the American "the Office"? I've never seen it but I love the British version its so so funny :H

DG - All good I think you could say it was a sucess...

Lav - I have a great picture of you in my head covered in garden waste :kudos:

I have a very challenging Good Friday ahead of me tomorrow and it will probably be my biggest test in staying sober....... i intend to be sucessful and will check in with hopefully good news :fingers:
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

I love you guys - you are the best.

DG - I had stopped checking in here and just figured I can have one glass of wine with my BF at his bday. Yeah, as we all know that is not possible. So, I am back on full force. I can't drink. Period.

Thanks for the reminder of that moment greeny - it was a special one and one I am glad you brought back to my attention.

Thanks for the kick in the ass and the welcome back. AF is the only way. I'm back.
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

Chillgirl!!! WHAT ABOUT THE LONDON DATE?????

SPILL CHILL!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ab fabbers!

Lav - nice to hear you've got some decent weather at long last. It's gone back to winter here

DG - I would need many, many lessons to be able to walk in a pair of shoes like that. :H Did you buy them?

Greenie - what do you know about giggling in the back of a police car, hmm? Hmm?

Uni, good to see you back. You KNOW you can do it now, with 45 great days to build on.

Yeah Chill, where did you go, what did you do etc? Details!
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Greeny - I have a lovely weekend, the company was great! We got on really well and had lots of laughs :H Sadly I live in Portugal and he lives in the US :upset: so it could be a while till the 2nd date, but where there is a will.........
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hey DG - the shoes are very retro! I don't think I have the ability to walk in them any more........be careful

Uni, glad you are back - guess what? None of us can drink anymore either!!!!!!

Greenie, watch your toes with that new lawnmower - seriously, wear shoes (steel toed shoes if you have them). I had a patient once that........well, I won't go into details.......

Marshy, you can spend the weekend here if you like. Temps are going into the 80's on Saturday
                          Hey Chill, you can come too - don't know where your friend lives but he's probably closer to me than you - think about it

Have a good evening all!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Chill that's great it was a good date! Where abouts does he live in USA? Tell us more! Listen, tomorrow is just one day. Break it down if you need to. What are you doing that is such a temptation? Good Friday celebrating or something?

Geez lav, steel toes I don't have. I guess I could wear hiking shoes. My toes already feel nervous thinking about the weed-eater! :H

OK... been chatting with the dog park guy....
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X