Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Morning Fab Abbers!

And a Good Friday it is!! Gorgeous day! The doggie park has been bustling in this nice weather. Little doggie is starting to play a little more with some small dogs. She likes the kiddie pools and gets little attacks of friskiness when she hops out. So I try to navigate that to encourage playing.

Lots to do today and must deliver paperwork across town so I better get this show on the road! Oh and there is a really good music thing tonight at the art museum. I do intend to catch that.

Have a grand adventure today.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Hi guys,

Busy day here today too - going to help the BF with some work things and then off to see some family.

It will be an AF day for me - took all my supps and am looking forward to the day.

have a great one guys!
    UNI
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

It's a gorgeous day here, too! I just took a 3 mile walk and am resting up for some outlet mall shopping.

Have fun at the music thing tonight, Greenie. So nice to be able to go out in the evening, isn't it? Much better than hiding in a bottle.

Have a good time with your family, Uni!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

dill, nice to see you! Yes it is nice to go out in the evening. And the afternoon, and the morning.... I'm going to a friend's house on Easter. I haven't seen her for a long time and have never met her husband. I missed their wedding and you can guess why. Feck. But those days are over. I can go anywhere and do anything at any time!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Is it my imagination or is everyone happy today?!!

Uni - Glad you survive your ass kicking :H

Greeneyes - Im going out with my girlfriends tonight and its SO good to know that 1. I will be fit and able to drive home 2. That I will feel great in the morning 3. That I will remember getting home! In fact the list is endless..........

Dill - Gorgeous day here too - spring seems to have sprung!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Hello friends.

Yeah, it is snowing here. :l

Tonight I'm involved with a comedy show at the club where my hubby is "President". It is also Good Friday service at church. My in-laws are coming to the club with 6 of their new drinking buddies. I think I've decided to go to Church, arrive late at the comedian (and try not to feel too guilty about laughing and being light-hearted on such a somber occasion) so I don't have to deal with this. This is what my heart is telling me to do.
            These thought amaze me still, because in the past, it would be a no-brainer that I would be at the party getting drunk, not a thought about Christ, (or my kids) and then feeling like shitola tomorrow. Alcohol ALWAYS came first. I really can't believe the change in me...can you tell?

Uni--good you're back here. I came up with a clever saying awhile back, and I'll share:
            Since I quit drinking, I rarely have any regrets about quitting, when I was still drinking, I had tons of regrets every day about drinking. (Or something like that) The regrets, the guilt, the shame...........don't miss that!

I need to get all bundled up against the wind and snow to go check the cows, then off to work. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! :h

P.S. Last night out of the blue, my 12 year old son asked who I looked up to. Guess who popped into my head first? You All!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

LVT25 - It makes me shudder to remember all the occasions where alcohol came 1st....
              I love your son's questions! It has set my mind in motion...My 1st thought was God then my mum :l
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Hello Abbie Fabbies! TGIF but not for the OLD reasons! Instead of getting plastered EARLY on Friday like the old days, I'm excited to enjoy the spring weather today, and do a little planning for the weekend. That's way better than spending the weekend in a viscious cycle of hungover / drunk and unproductive.

Greenie, thanks for getting us started. I too LOVE the freedom of movement that sobriety brings! I too was a prisoner in my own home and love that I can now go anywhere at any time. Have fun at the music thingy. Your life sounds so cosmopolitan to me! :H Have you done any hooping lately? I "hooped" at Curves today after my workout. I'm really having fun being back there again.

Uni, it is great to have you back. Sounds like you have a solid plan!

Dill, it's great to see you here!! Oh I know that feeling of being stuck inside my bottle every night!

Greenie, I missed my friend's husband's funeral (she was widowed at 40 years old - how nice of me to blow her off....) and then I also missed a few years later when she re-married. I had dates with AL that were more important. I am so blessed that she was willing to put all that behind us. I am SO not proud of the selfish crap I did when AL was #1 in my life....

Chill, I'm glad you had fun in London and I will be on the edge of my seating waiting to see how you guys work out a Next Date! (where there is a will there is a way!!!) I like you list! Have fun with your gal pals tonight!

LVT, it sounds like you have your priorities straight for tonight. I'm sure you will feel really good about going to Church. Then enjoy a little humor. I don't see anything wrong with that. Then employ the "exit strategy" before things get too nutty!

Today was the season opener for pedicures. I had never had one until last year. Now I'm hooked. I went to a different place and I really really like the way this girl does pedicures. I'm sure I will be going back there in a few weeks! Tomorrow I am going to go through the rest of my closet changing out clothes for the season. Time to unbox the sandals. I got a manicure too. Mr. Doggy is handling my complete transformation into a girly girl quite well.

My new avatar is an updated picture of our newest puppy. Here is his baby piccy.

He's turning into a really cool dog.

Life is good. Making sobriety my #1 priority beats the snot out of how it was when I made alcohol my #1 priority.

DG

Well, I need
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Great pic DG! But more pic's of you please, you beautiful woman!.....;-)

Oh yes, all the important dates i missed, cause i made my regular date with al more important. I'm very grateful friends and family have been so understanding, but.....Facta non verba, (deed's not word's) for this young fella.

A magical, safe, sober day to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Yes Guitarista - the best way I can make amends for the shitty things I've done is to do the RIGHT things going forward.

DG

PS - Flattery will get you everywhere!
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Good evening Ab Fabbers,

Left the house this morning before the thread was started.........but I'm back now

I had a strong urge to take my Mom some flowers for Easter. She's been gone for nearly 24 years now, I miss her still. So, I made the 90 mile trip from my home to the cemetary & back. Glad I did too

DG, your pup has really grown. I think you had his puppy pic up last year, right? I live with a humongus dog myself, my Swissy and a medium sized mutt (her name is Girl Dog )

LVT, can't believe you're having snow - Oh No!!!

Greetings Greenie, Uni, Dill, Chill & Guitarista - hope you had a great day

I going out now to chase the hens in for the night.
                      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF night.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

back home. whew.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/2

Welcome back home Deter! From the "whew" I take it you might have had a long week? I hope you and Dx have a fabulous weekend. 1) What will you be making for breakfast today to go with your garlic? 2) Can we see some pictures of it? 3) Can we come over and share?

Lav, I think it's wonderful you took some flowers to your Mom yesterday. I can't even imagine what it will be like when Mom & Dad are gone. This is a good reminder to spend as much time with them as possible NOW. I remember the piccys of your Swissy!!! I don't recall piccys of Girl Dog though! I'd love to see some. (I probably missed them along the way). :H Girl Dog is a great name. Our mutt's name is Cleopatra but one of our dog training friends could never remember that, and always called her Tall Dog. The name sort of "stuck" in that circle of friends. :H Girl Dog is an even better name though! :H

OK - I'm up early today so thinking about starting the Saturday AF Daily thread.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X