AF Daily - Saturday April 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Abbie Fabbies! Up and at 'em!!

I am so grateful to be sober and unhung today. I was hot flashin' last night so at 4AM felt like just getting up and getting the day going. I love being up and about really early like this when I can just do what I please without distraction! Even the doggies leave me alone! :H

I've got a lot I want to get done today so there is no room for AL, my old procrastination buddy. I am still amazed at the thousands of times (literally!) that I convinced myself that "a drink" would motivate me to start a project or get some work done. Little to nothing ever got done except me getting drunk, again. Over and over and over I believed my own BS. Cunning, baffling, powerful indeed. This scenario is another reminder that I always need to check my motives. AL is such a liar and made a liar out of me too.

I'll have to report back later and for accountability purposes, let you all know if I accomplished anything on my long list of stuff I want to accomplish today! :H One thing I KNOW I will accomplish today is staying sober. And really, that's the one thing that matters most today. So it will be a good day no matter what. How cool is that? LOTS better than the old days where I would swear to myself that today would be different. Then not only did I get nothing accomplished, but let myself down by drinking. AND set myself up for a crappy hungover day tomorrow. Oy. I'm glad I don't live like that any more.

Have a fabbie day one and all!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

DG, do you realize that you hit the nail on the head so precisely....
    I've been struggling with torn rib muscles, left&right.. Sent to hospital and on pain relief since. It's been painful! But one thing I noticed was how bad and hungover I felt from the pain tablets! Foggy, dizzy, vomit etc ..

Well I'm so grateful I got off the heavy pain med in time for our Bluesfest yesterday at Byron Bay! What a blast!!!!!!! Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, Jeff Beck... J Cruz and so many more!!!!! Oh my, what a treat!!!
    Seriously, I am so very grateful for MUSIC!
    And AF!!!!

Comment

Morning ab fabs!!

Right on, DG!! I worked under the premise that having drink would get me going. It did, just in the wrong direction. I have lots to do today too. mow the grass
      I must go buy a face mask thing for yard-boy duties today. The pollen was so thick yesterday it was a light haze. Ugh!

Leelou I had a taste of that feeling yesterday. At the nursing home I sucked helium and sang the Oscar Meyer Weiner song and had to hold on to the bed to keep from falling over. Reeling dizzy! That bluesfest sounds fantastic!

I enjoyed Free Planet Radio last night - think combination of world music and jazz. I bumped into a therapist we used to see. Do you know how nice it was to look her in the eye and tell her I was doing quite well? She knew about drinking and marital problems but missed the crash and burn as we had to quit for financial reasons. As I stood there talking to her for a moment I felt totally grounded and empowered, by my own right. CHUFFED!!!

Girl dog.....:H

Have a silly sober saturday!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

Slow start for me today - something to do with this fog that rolled inovernight, it's blocking the SUN!

DG, I have a list of things I'd like to do today as well - I'll be back later with my report card

Leelou, so glad to hear you are felling better. I was wondering about you! The Bluesfest must have been terrific, love that stuff. We flew out for the annual Monterey Jazz Festival (in California) a few years ago - it was rained out!!!! So we rented a car & drove north to San Francisco & spent a few days there instead - in the sunshine

OK, I think I see some sun breaking thru - time to get outside!
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

Leelou that jazz fest sounds awesome. I recognized Jeff Beck, but not the others. But that doesn't mean much. I'm glad you're feeling better.
          Greenie, you make life sound so grand. Always something cool to see and do. You even make mowing the grass sound like fun!
          You too, DG--up at 4 am and happy about it--wow!
          Lav-I hope that fog lifts and you can enjoy some sunshine today. Mother Nature has not decided what to do for sure here, cloudy or shiny???

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday Greenie. I was feeling really stabby about the whole situation and could feel a rant building by the time hubby got home from helping the comedian set up. So, I just said "I guess if anyone wants to think I've become a religious fanatic since I've been to church 2 days in a row, so be it" He was like--who would think that and why would you say that? I said well your sister for one and you? He said well, you are an elder in the church now and you have responsibilities. Someone in the family has to do it. Whew. So, the boys and I went to church, I had time to run them home, change out of my frumpy church clothes, into some cute tight jeans and top, and my son says wow you look pretty! (They were giving me a hard time earlier about my ugly shoes)
          Then back to the club for the show. I spent $1 on a Diet Pepsi. Funny, no one really offers to include me in their rounds. Oh well. Chatted with the guys afterward for awhile. Stayed out way past my bedtime, but feel great with 0 hangover today! (Unlike many there last night--including the comedian!)
          So, seriously Greeneyes, thanks for the encouragement. It really did help. To think 2 years ago, I would have blown off church, got drunk, probably drove home, not remember the show, and feel like shit, not to mention the guilt. Oh, yeah, sober life rocks!

I gotta go load some compost for a friend. It's not chicken, but good ole feedlot compost that a friend brought me a truckload last year. Seriously--a truck load!

Have a great Easter weekend all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
          X