AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Sooty - Im so so sorry to hear about your fall, that must have been some tumble you sound like you've been hit by a truck!! I hope Mr Sooty will spoil you this weekend with lots of TLC...
    :l

Lav - Im a wreck today as i didnt sleep at all well last night, could be the new moon...?
    Re going back to school, Id love too but not possible until I can get back to the UK.

Off out with some girlfriends tonight for dinner, luckily one of them is also a non drinker of 2 years as she used to drink too much, we are not close and I have never discussed my situation with her before... will see what the evening brings but at least with her there I feel less akward about not joining in on the wine which im sure will be flowing!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Aw geez Sooty - I'll be right over to look after you this weekend (a slighly used nurse is better than none) Did you get to the ER & have someone look at you? I ended up with a pretty serious head injury nearly 10 years ago after falling down a flight of steps. I fractured my skull, had to have surgery & all........ I hope you are OK!!!

Damn Chill - is it the lunar thing again? I woke last night every hour, on the hour. All the tossing & turning created some of those dreaded hot flashes too. At some point, when I did actually get some sleep I dreamt about nasty stuff like bugs, EEEEWWWW! Well, whatever it was I can't blame it on AL!!!
      Hope your evening out is good, enjoy.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Just checking in before I start making dinner. I have a new recipe called shrimp scampi and tomato broil. It looks easy.

Dill, yes, for Mr. Red is on board with me, but he will not say never again. Right now it is one day at a time. The eating plan we are on is of course more successful for him (15 lbs.) and drinking is just too many calories. It is the South Beach diet, phase 2.

I am so jealous to hear of retirement and teachers having summers off. No fair. Tomorrow I plan on looking for and filling out job aps online, so send positive vibes.

I cleaned the house and it is so nice to have that over with to start the weekend.

Spedtech, wow, spending the summer alone. I don't think I am ready for that yet. But it sounds very interesting.
        Sooty, you poor thing. Falls are terrible and it sounds like a doozy. Take care of yourself, maybe someone can help you out. You are going to be sore for a bit.

Chill, have a great night out.

Talk to everyone later.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful morning (could get used to this). Have just had a lie in til 9.30. I rarely sleep in the mornings since I had babies, am usually up my usual time. I obviously needed the sleep.

What a great way to start a Saturday morning instead of being hungover!! Being AF is the life. I am so thankful for it. Today I commit to being AF.

Enjoy the week-end one and all.

Rustop

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Greetings friends,

A beautiful Spring morning here, too, Rust! Always a treasure to be unhung!

Sooty, I hope you are feeling much better today. That sounded like a terrible fall! You take it easy for awhile.

Red, It's great Mr. R is on board, even if it is ODAT.

Lav, I can understand how being in nursing could bring out the "Ratchet" in a person. There is so much responsibility and many times patients are uncooperative, making the job even more difficult! I admire you for being a nurse. I'll bet you are a great one!

Sped, my last day of work is June 8th. I can't wait! When do you listen to your cd's? In your car? At home? Just curious. I can't imagine being able to run and listen to a cd player. Seems like it would skip or something.

LBH, Chill, Raven, IAD and all who stop in, have a great AF Saturday!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Morning,
              Sooty sorry about your tumble. I've taken many of those myself, especially when WWI (walking while intoxicated..not world war I).
              2 hours 14 minutes til race time. It's raining. Hopefully it will stop but it certainly has added to my pre race jitters. I've been up forever.
              Rust, do you live in the UK?
              Later

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Hi Dill,
                Cross post. I have a tiny little iPod called a Shuffle. It's about the size of a match book. I can download an entire book onto it from my computer. I listen to books and music when I run. But the best is listening to books when I do housework, weeding, all those mindless little activities.
                Do you have a self contained classroom?

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Sped - All the best! Let us know your time...

It is always extra good to wake up hangover free on a saturday!
                  I had a really nice dinner out last night with my girlfriends, only one drank a little too much and I cringed a bit when she was getting louder and talking less sense as I realized how i must have looked in the past! Thank God these days are over....
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Good morning April friends,

Hard to believe the month is more than half over already!!

Shelley, wishing you the best for your run today Hope the weather cooperates a bit!

Sooty, hope you are up to checking in with us - you have me worried woman!!!

Dill, June is coming very, very quickly. I can't believe how fast time flies these days! Stay extra close to us, we'll all all see you through unscathed!

Chill, has the sun come back out? We had some storms roll thru here last evening but it's dry now

Don't know for sure what I doing yet today........guess I'll go figure it out.
                    Greetings to LBH, spud, Red & everyone who stops in today

Have a great day!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Happy Saturday all -
                      Sped - 2:30 here in AZ - you may be done with your 1/2 marathon, but I've been thinking of you, sending speedy (dry) vibes. You are an inspiration.

Speaking of inspiration, LBH - how wonderful to read your (hilarious) rendition of your water exercise class - good for you.

Sooty, Sooty - what a bad fall! I echo Lav - I hope that you've gotten checked out thoroughly, head bumps are nothing to fool around with. Sending you healing energy for a quick recovery.

Chill - your life is unfolding like a time-lapse photograph of a flower opening! Great to hear your 'voice' sounding so strong. I believe the right life work is wending its way towards you right now.

Red - thanks for all the challenges. I had a pedicure yesterday! One part of me has to drag the other part of me kicking and screaming, but I have to confess that I love the results. Here in the desert it is already sandal-wearing time (anything else will soon be too hot) so the toes needed to 'dress up'. I find myself curiously fascinated by how they look....Ah vanity.

Lav - the nursing profession is certainly poorer without you in it's ranks, but we're thrilled to have you as our ring-leader. Dill - hang in there, June is just around the corner. You'll be waving 'bye to school just like the Koi in your pond that LBH describes.

Happy Saturday evening all -I am working tomorrow, so Happy Sunday as well, and I'll check in on Monday.

Take good care -
                      to the light

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Hello to everyone on this inspirational thread. I hope I can be welcomed because I had over 3 months AF and then succumbed. I need to be with friends that do not drink.

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Good morning everyone

Welcome Pan and well done on your 3 months. Hop on board, there are some very inspirational people on this thread.

Sooty - Hope you are feeling a bit better after your fall, take care of yourself.

Sped - How did the race go? Hope you are not too tired today.

Cyn - Good idea having a pedicure. All these little treats make us feel better about ourselves.

Lav - I second what Cyn says, their loss is our gain.

Chill - Well done on having an AF dinner especially when there are people drinking around you. Seems to have been a bit of an eye-opener.

Dill - I have a Jack Russell and a Golden Retriever. The JR is a character and the Goldie a real lady.

Was a bit in deprivation mode yesterday evening. The pink cloud of being AF has probably worn off and what stopped me was being so close to my 60 days. I was probably tired after being outside all day and then hubby was there having his wine. It's not easy having the wine around but thankfully I had to drive and by the time I came back I was over it. Just a reminder that I have to be constantly vigalent.

Anyway have a great Sunday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Good Morning Everyone!

Rustop - Well done on staying strong against your urges. You should be so proud of yourself and I bet it felt worth it waking up without a hangover. I know what you mean about the pink cloud wearing off but I think we then begin to forget how good we feel because we are feeling it everyday and I guess that can be dangerous. After brushing my teeth this morning I peered in the mirror and noticed that my skin looks at least 5 years younger, its hydrated and the lines are less pronouced but even more than that it looks fresh and healthy and my eyes are clearer and bluer than ever before. Its also 9.30am on a Sunday morning and I feel amazing and full of energy. We need to remember how is used to be....

I applaud you even more for being around your husband drinking wine, I dont know how I would cope and it is one definate advantage about living alone. Hopefully he is supportive and wouldnt let you give in anyway.

I managed to walk the dog before the heavens opened here and am enjoying a lazy morning with my yoga music playing....

Pan - lovely to have you here.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday :l
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

Another glorious AF morning. I am so grateful to wake up and not be full of anxiety and regrets. It is easy to forget how horrible it can be if we drink, and so not worth it.

Congrats to all who are staying the course, AF. Rustop, you are amazing to be living with someone drinking wine in front of you and not having some. I do not think I could do that, I am not that strong. Isn't it strange how a craving will hit and then a little time goes by, we do something else, and realize the craving is gone and we are amazingly "over it." This is really a mind game to an extent. Our thinking and will is everything. We do have to be ever vigilant. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Chill, it's true, when AF, others who are drinking change enough that it can be uncomfortable to be around them. The truth is that it makes us grateful that we are AF and being AF can respect, honor and trust ourselves to act with dignity and integrity. Alcohol is a thief, taking away our real selves. Then we start to think that is who we really are and it is a lie. It is alcohol: liar, thief, heartbreaker. Good for you on being AF when going out. I really need practice on this aspect of the nondrinking life.

Cyntree, how wonderful that you are taking care of yourself. You sound stronger and happier than in the recent past. I am always happy to read your posts.

spedtech, good luck on your race. I am impressed with the Ipod shuffle technology. I have been thinking about getting an IPOD touch, but I have lived without one my entire life and wonder if I just want one because of the advertisments. I also hesitate to make my life more complicated, but then again it would probably be fun. I love computers and the internet, it is amazing what we can do and how it affects every part of our lives.

My usual Sunday, shopping, cooking, relaxing, spending time with my loved one and kitties. And all AF and feeling healthy and strong. I am so grateful. Today, I commit to being AF.
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

AF APRIL 2010 - WEEK 3

hi gang thanx for good wishes. I'm very slowly recovering (things do take longer as we get older I find). I can walk on my ankle now altho its still swollen so I'm trying not to and my shoulder and arm are sore but I'm going to osteopath tomorrow and she does magic - reiki and all sorts of things so hopefully she'll be able to help me.
                                Mr S being very helpful - I spent the day lying on the bed yesterday as it was the most comfortable place to be and I was using my mobile to phone him on the landline when I wanted something I enjoyed the power!!
                                Hope we're all doing well and the race went well Shelley.
                                a friend (who is a nurse Lav) suggested that perhaps a few alcoholic drinks might help me over my recent injury - have you ever heard anything so stupid????? I didnt take the advice!!!
                                see you soon, don't worry about me I'll be ok :thanks:
                                love you all
                                sooty

Comment

Working...
                                X