AF mon 12 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF mon 12 April

god mornin all - well day 4 AF here and day 7 smoke free, feelign very grumpy and headachy - but it's a lovely day. I'm the fattest I have ever been and I feel really self conscious,frumpy and sluggish - I keep vowing to exercise first thing - and the nbeating myself up when i don't do it. Here I am in dressng gown still at 11.45.
    But on the plus side I have booked an overdue medical appt and also renegotiated my mobile phone package to save money.
    Off out in a bit for a walk in the country then food and cinema later.

Not sure what to do with my time off - funny when I am working I can always think what else I would be doing - time off and I start to worry/think about all the things I need to be doing e.g. chores,decorating,exercising,making the most of the sun etc. until it al lgoes round in a big whirl in my head.

I also think that I just needed some time to do nothing and mooch as well with this time off - my life feels busy with sport 4 times a week,hectic job, plus trying to catch up with OH and friends.

One day at a time may be a good approach for me at the moment!
    one day at a time

AF mon 12 April

Morning abbers!

Hallo bear - a good mooch never hurt anyone, I always say. I'm sure you'll start feeling better soon!

I started off the day pouring booze down the sink :H While waiting on the coffee I climbed up a step ladder to clear out a cabinet. (moving towards yard sale, remember?) Drug out bottles of mixer stuff like creme de menthe, etc. Standing at the sink in "the robe" pouring out booze at 7AM was an oddly familiar feeling. The garbage man will prob ask me if I fell off the wagon. :H

FH's first wife called yesterday. Invited me up for a visit if I felt like getting away. Turns out her husb has a drinking issue. Think I'll pass on that.

Lots to do.... zoom!

Swimmers take your mark!!

Marvy monday to all!

PS: Det are you under MD care coming off med? Perhaps you should taper?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Hi all! I'm zoom zoomin' this morning but just wanted to say hi to you all!

Lav, I got the fall cleanup done on Saturday finally, and Mr. D tilled it up yesterday while I went bowling. I'm still jealous of your chicken poop though. I'm hoping to plant some lettuce and spinach today or tomorrow. What other early stuff should I be planting here in the Chicago zone? I think I'll stop by the garden center and see about some cabbage.

The Deter Spice left in the ground from last year seems to be thriving. I have much to learn about growing garlic but for now I'm leaving it alone!

Sober Bowling is not added to my list of sober "firsts." I thought I would be sore beyond belief today, but I'm not. So maybe I'll bowl again someday! :H

Congrats on the wedding Bear. And you too Uni just getting through it one day at a time. Hope the Campral helps. Greenie, I'm glad we are back in season for Bathrobe Antics. Hello to all fellow travelers!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

Beautiful day here today as well

bear, vacations are for resting - feel free to mooch! We humans need a little time to reset brains.

Greenie, I sure hope I don't find anything stashed in my cabinets - guess I should take a look to be sure..... I don't blame you for passing on that invitation. Some people just expect too much, don't you think?

DG, we've planted broccoli - a good early crop! Now, keeping the bunnies out of it is always a huge problem. I have two large dogs who spend all day outside - you would think the bunnies would care but they don't. We have a permanent asparagus crop too that is finally showing some signs of life. I think I'd like to add garlic this year - hmm!

OK, I need to get some actual work started this morning so I can play in the garden this afternoon
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Hello friends.

Bear, I have the same problem sorting out my free time. If I don't have a plan, I am so discombobulated! I have to make lists. This weekend I could have gotten so much more done than I did, but I guess once in awhile it's nice to just chill. It's really hard to do that without feeling guilty. I hear ya on the weight thing too, I've put a few on this winter. Saturday all I wanted to do was eat. I felt like I had to have something in my mouth or hands at all times--not good. I'd like to resolve to a spring detox--nothing but fruit and veggies, but just coming off that 40 day fast from desserts--it's tough! Our local ice cream shop opened for the summer and I have a really hard time resisting that! Mom of 3, if you pop back in, please advise what kind of food you eat in a day on your no sugar-no processed foods diet plan. Or anyone...feel free to advise. I have my Vitamix blender, I need to dust it off and do the smoothie thing--it's a great way for me to get lots of fruits and veggies.

Greenie, I have lots of partial bottles of booze in my uppermost cupboards. Why? Someone might drink them someday. I guess they don't bother me, they aren't in the way cause I can't reach them. I'll probably leave them there for now. I have 2 big boxes sitting here I'm putting garage sale items in them slowly. Our church kids are having a big rummage sale soon to raise money. And the church is also starting a clothes closet for the needy, I have a lot of stuff that can go there.

All this talk about gardening! Mine is pretty much ready to go too, but it is still freezing at night here. My goal this week will be to get the greenhouse set up so maybe I can start some early plants. They are already forecasting severe weather here for tomorrow! Hail, high winds--ugh!

Sober bowling, sober dancing--really difficult for me.:H

Guess I best get zooming myself!

Have a great week all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF mon 12 April

greeneyes;836411 wrote:
            Swimmers take your mark!!

Ready when you are, Greenie!
            Hmm, don't think I've ever had creme de menthe. Or ever will now I suppose :H Hey ho.

Bear, DG, Lav - you all sound very active! I'm having a lazy day, not working. Got to get through (start) my book group book. Might go and buy some compost instead and plant some basil and salad seeds in pots. My little lemon tree is bursting with blossom and little fruits and smelling very pungent (not quite lemony, but citrusy).

Have a magic Monday!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Marshy;836469 wrote: Hmm, don't think I've ever had creme de menthe. Or ever will now I suppose :H Hey ho.
              Me either. It was there when I moved in here and I never was much of a mixer except for the martini phase. I'm on the fence about the shaker. Sister likes martinis but I doubt she'd drink one here.

LVT I felt like that yesterday and ate a carrot. Trust me, it was as boring as it sounds.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF mon 12 April

There when you moved in?? :yuk::yuk:
                sigpic

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Hi guys!

Zooming here - up early and out the door to an early meeting. Didn't sleep well last night as my daughter climbed into bed with us so I am exhausted now!

We have garlic planted too - first time so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out - love the smell of it though!

Still doing okay on the campral - not noticing anything yet but hey, whatever - I'm not drinking but it's still kind of being white knuckled right now. Hope it kicks in soon. I just refuse to give up this time!

Hope you all have a spledidly sober Monday!

Love ya guys!
                  Uni
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Greetings peeps!

Gorgeous day here; unfortunately, I'm stuck inside 'working'. Hrmpfh.

Hmmm.. Lav... I might try broccoli again... I had a wonderful crop one year... very rich in protein, though.... many, MANY, small green (same green as broccoli stems) wormies :eeew:

Kinda put me off growing broccoli for a few years I do have 3 different kinds of lettuce and some spinach in the ground since last week or so. And, I've already used the first chives from the garden

Btw.. garlic is an ESSENTIAL for EVERY garden! Plant it near your roses to keep the bugs away, cut up the spikes and stick them in your flower pots - also keeps bugs away!

Damn, now I REALLY wanna go outside *sigh
                    K.. back to work. Have a grand day, y'all!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Greenie, the previous owner's enema kit was here when we moved in. We got rid of it right away though. I'm glad we didn't age it in a cabinet.

Welcome Sunshine_gg! Ever since you first came to MWO, I think of your name as Sunshine egg. Good to have you back and wiser now.

I wish garlic kept bunnies away. But nothing keeps bunnies away. Like you Lav, not even the dogs keep the bunnies away. I already decided not to plant green beans this year. Don't need the frustration! Now I have to add broccoli to the list of forbidden bunny foods??

I need to get my ass to Curves. Now I'm just procrastinating.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Sorry Greenie, have to go along with dg and her disgusting enema analogy...glad you pitched the green stuff.

And GG--I'm right there with ya on the broccoli worms. I've tried raising it like 3 times and can't get past those damn worms on my food! One year (close your eyes all you organic gardeners) I put so much SEVEN dust on the broccoli you could smell and taste it when I cooked it! GAG!!!! I'll stick to buying broccoli in the store, thank you.
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Doggygirl;836595 wrote: Greenie, the previous owner's enema kit was here when we moved in.
                          No way! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

You know, we have this quaint tradition in England of taking our crap with us when we move :H
                          sigpic

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Marshy;836608 wrote: No way! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

You know, we have this quaint tradition in England of taking our crap with us when we move :H
                            At least one person in the US should take a lesson from you Brits!!!! The half used bars of soap were still in the bathrooms too, but it's hard to think of that after the enema paraphanalia (sp).

I didn't see any broccoli worms on the broccoli last year. Which is making me wonder exactly how many worms I ate.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF mon 12 April

Marshy;836608 wrote:

Ah Marshy - LMAO!!!! Hahahahahahahhahahaha........::H:H
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X