Weekly AA Thread April 19-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread April 19-25

WF, I am so happy to read that you spoke with your husband about your struggles and thinking, and that he and your son "did the next right thing" in support of your sobriety. I do agree with you and Mary that this time of year with the nice weather and outdoor activities seems to bring on some extra stinkin' thinkin'. I don't see it discussed as much here at MWO, but when I quit smoking and used the Quitnet site, my group warned a LOT about increased urges around anniversaries. To some degree we are battling with mental impulses and I think this is "normal" even though it's a pain! WF it is so awesome that you have come this far. Please don't ever give in. And please keep asking for the support you need from your family. They may not always give it, but you can always ask.

Mary, I enjoyed reading about your discussion with your DD and also about your friend and his "tough love." You know I'm a believer in tough love. But I also need to find balance and not over step my boundaries. I can get over involved in other people's business sometimes and stick my nose in it too far. I have to watch that. Just because I might care about someone / something doesn't mean they need or want to hear every opinion I have about it.

A newer AA friend - the one who doesn't want a sponsor - has not been coming to meetings. She is a bar tender so has AL nearby much of the time. She says she is "enjoying her sleep." It is a learning experience for me to find that fine line of encouraging her to come back to meetings without pushing it too far, and without proclaiming too harshly that this behavior is the kind of thing that leads to relapse. She's been in and out of this program for many years and she doesn't need nagging from me. I am trying just to stay in touch and let her know I am available if she wants to talk. Telling people what to do doesn't work.

You all are my meeting today so I appreciate anything you have to say!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X