Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Wednesday, April 21st

Ab fabbers open for business!

Lovely swim in the sunshine this morning. Quite busy in the pool today. The good weather is bringing people out to play. I could have stayed in there for hours but thought I'd better show my face at work instead :H

Oh Lav, that sounds horrible. So it's something he does every so often? That must be very... unsettling to say the least. Take good care of yourself!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Hi Marshy and all to drop in to post..

I had a fairly average day, had moments that tested my tolerance levels... I coped well I think!

My new hints of firey red/copper hair were just for show fortunately.... no fireworks in my world - oh how nice.

I've been busy with guests here... so avoided planning a big party for next week... just an intimate home meal shared before they all leave...which is what I like best, but I'd like to share with my close friends too. (I dont combine family guests and friends this time)..

SO... instead of our normal deck parties....

I'm going to have close friends, with their little kiddies (all our close friends now have young kids... remember the blow-up castle we had at Xmas...ours are all grown up)

We will have a family friendly (AF friendly) day at a wonderful city park here, it is on the river, has swimming pools (not lido - open air stuff... ) playgrounds, waterparks, and BBQ areas etc... so we will set up in a BBQ gazebo for the afternoon... and the kids can play right in front of us...

I think it will be a lovely day out.

So... I'm off to plan afew yummy treats for the day... and design invites...

What's funny is... I actually feel younger planning a party picnic than a cocktail party...
    And I am bursting with fun ideas!! I might as well go all out - oh, I gotta go and write all my ideas down!!!:happy:

Happy day to everyone..:dancin:

Comment

Hi abs!

Marshy one of these days I'm gonna start swimming again. Wonder if the goggles age the delicate tissue around the eye. Not that I'm looking for an excuse - I guess it could go either way: not to swim OR for the crows feet :H:H

Leelou, what do you mean about your hair? Picnic sounds like a blast!

Moving towards the yard sale..... I pulled out all my AL drink type glasses. Martini, highball, odd favorites. I'm only keeping the wine glasses that are part of my crystal. AND THAT FECKING VOICE IN THE BACK OF MY BRAIN KEPT SAYING BUT WHAT IF YOU CAN DRINK AGAIN?! ARRRGGGGG!

Hey everybody else.

Happy Hump Day!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;840736 wrote: I pulled out all my AL drink type glasses. Martini, highball, odd favorites. I'm only keeping the wine glasses that are part of my crystal. AND THAT FECKING VOICE IN THE BACK OF MY BRAIN KEPT SAYING BUT WHAT IF YOU CAN DRINK AGAIN?! ARRRGGGGG!
        Fortunately by the time I quit I'd smashed all my wine and beer glasses in my drunken bumblings, and had switched to ordinary drinking glasses for wine because I could get more in them. Attractive picture, huh?
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Unfortunately, I can easily top it. Shaking martini's in a jar wrapped in a hand towel (my silencer) in the garage at unnacceptable hours and throwing ice out the back door and drinking from said jar. Classy, eh? :upset:
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good day fabbies! Marshy, the lido pool sounds like the happening place to be! To bad work got in the way of your fun! :H I too gave up on wine glasses in the end. They just seem to topple over on those skinny stems all by themselves after awhile. :egad: Yes - a nice 16 oz water glass was a much better bet. (sometimes it's gruesome to think back on this stuff!) We still have some wine glasses and other cocktail type glasses. They are in a little used cabinet and I'm sure covered with haunted house amounts of dust and cobwebs! I should get rid of them and free up that space for something else (to collect the cobwebs)

Greenie, when is the garage sale? What's for sale? Any good shoes? That voice in the head is really something, isn't it? Pops off with some really stupid and unexpected crap at the strangest times.

Leelou, I'm loving the sound of your red highlights and also your party in the park! I think I'll come to your house too.

I have a business social event tonight that I am NOT looking forward to. I'm not worried that I will drink (thank goodness!) but just dislike these functions and do not want to go. So I'm being a big crybaby about it. :upset: (is there a smilie with a baby sucking on a pacifier? That's the one I need!)

Have lots to do before the MK open house on Saturday! I was worried nobody would come but I think there will be several people here. I am so glad to have friends, and ones that are more reliable than I used to be when I was drinking. Back then I blew off everything so I could drink.

(OK, now I'm feeling bad about wanting to skip this thing tonight!)

Oh well. I think I'm going to take a nap. At least I'm not drinking over anything and that is a blessing X 100.

Hi Det and Kate and everyone else yet to come!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X