X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF-Daily, Thursday, 22nd April '10

A long day here (sigh),
    in bath tub,
    listening to geckos, and doing nothing after I get out but sleep!

Hope everyones having a good day!

Hi Leelou - its a funny back-to-front world to think your thursday is over, mine is half way through and others is just beginning. Lying it the bathtub listening to geckos sounds devine! I have loads of geckos around my house but had no idea they made a noise, now im intrigued, can you descibe what it sounds like? I love listening to the night time sounds of crickets and bellfrogs here but the morning roosters and peacocks not so much :H

Im feeling very glad to be alive today! Sometimes even although nothing has changed, everything looks different and today it looks pretty good

Two weeks today I leave for London then onwards to Boston on which will be my 1st holiday in a few years and Im starting to get excited!

Wishing everyone a great AF thursday.....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning ab fabs!

Leelou, need some rest, eh? After the pace you've been keeping... ya think????

Chill, you're right. I've been up a bit but am not dressed yet or had breakfast. (breaking my 8:30 rule). I love those alive days! May they all be that way!!

I've got to get a new tire today and I'm driving myself crazy over the yard sale. I'm giving things way too much thought, but I don't know how NOT to!

Tonight is Artista Vista downtown. Galleries stay open and some have refreshments. The boozers flock to the ones with AL, but it's a festive occasion and artists hope for profitable exposure. And so do single people like me.

Have a great AF belly laugh today. Especially lav. :l
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

:rays:

Zoom, zoom. Multiple bosses hanging around me today. Must be my magnetic charm :H
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi guys,

Busy day here today too - but it's Thursday! One more week and then I'm on holidays to sit on a beach and relax and do nothing! Cannot wait - things have been crazy lately!

Day 15 on the campral today and doing well. I am not sure what it does exactly but hey, I'm not drinking so who really friggin cares!

Hope you all have a great day!

Love and hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeee!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Weeee back at ya Deter and all Fabbie Abbies!

Leelou, your Friday alarm is probably going off right about now! :H It is cool how we span the globe with our awesome AFness.

Chill, will you be seeing the :h during your upcoming travels????? Inquiring busy bodies want to know....

Greenie your life sounds so cosmopolitan! I hope you meet many single men oops I mean have a mind enhancing artistic experience at the Artista thingy tonight! I too am obsessing over my upcoming open house. Somehow I suspect it will come and go just fine whether I obsess or not.

Lav :l.

Uni - you are right. If it's working, just enjoy it!! I'm jealous of your upcoming beach time. Can I come too??

Marshy I love your lap swimming smilie! I hope the hovering bosses aren't making you crazy.

I planted a miscellaneous mish mash of seeds today. All leftovers from last year. We are supposed to have showers tomorrow so hopefully the timing is good. The lettuce and spinach I planted .....whenever it was I planted that have sprouted!

I'm getting really nervous about the open house on Saturday. I'm really glad a bunch of my AA friends are coming because they are just a giant hug waiting to happen. I'm taking so much comfort from that I don't even care if my anonymity gets broken. These friends are good and worth having, and they are the ones I really want to be here.

Onward AF warriers! Another sober day and life is good.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Weeeee indeeeeed!

I'm incredibly grateful today for the synergy of good things that have happened recently.

I received the dreaded, long awaited decision on inheritance tax, and I do have to pay truckloads but it's better than I expected. They hadn't upped the valuation of my dad's house, and they'd accepted all our deductions and then some. What this means is I don't have to sell property to pay the tax. The relief is indescribable!!

Then I received a schedule for extra project work in May - lots of it! (I feel a holiday coming on...)

And our landlord has made it back through the ash cloud to approve the reference check on our third flatmate candidate. After 2.5 months, we finally have a new flatmate!!

Now if I could just find a flight back to London life could get back to normal. Still, it's a very good life at the moment, and no AL in sight.

Sleep tight everybody.

Comment

Pamina, I am so happy for you that good things are popping up all around you!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG! Now that more mundane things are falling into place, I'll need to take lessons from Chillgirl and Marshy on how to exude that magnetic charm...

Comment

Doggygirl;841492 wrote: I'm really glad a bunch of my AA friends are coming because they are just a giant hug waiting to happen. I'm taking so much comfort from that I don't even care if my anonymity gets broken. These friends are good and worth having, and they are the ones I really want to be here.
                      DG
                      LOVING THAT PARAGRAPH!!!

Good time tonight! Saw cool art and now back in time to listen to the telecast on life purpose and success! What a good girl I am! Cosmopolitan....:H:H:H Nahhhh...
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good evening Ab Fabbers,

I'm still alive & in one piece so I'm grateful!
                        I have no idea where my spouse is or what's really going on with him. He must be showing up for work or they would be calling here looking for him. Yeah, this is not what I thought I'd be doing at this point in my life!

Anyway, good to see everyone is happy & doing well
                        I think I'm going to need some of that magnetic charm as well!

Have a great night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande, you misplaced your hubby? you gotta keep those things on a leash you know

Doggygirl, I'm predicting a wonderful and productive Saturday for you

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X