Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Let the AF weekend begin!!!

Teleseminars are like coupons. They're a good deal but hard to use. Different "groups" present their series at the same time so I look at what's offered and if there is overlap, who has a replay option. I usually fall asleep during the nighttime ones and miss the day time ones and miss the replay deadline. I've decided my life's purpose is simply to look for it. :H And I'm doing a fine job!!

In a little while I'm hooking up with a GF I am in the process of looking at reconnection possibilities for a walk over the dam. We used to be best friends but drifted apart. Mercury retrograde is a good time for that. Call your old friends you haven't talked to in a while, just to make contact. Who knows what may happen. I wish it was sunnier, but that's OK, it's still a very pretty walk.

Tonight I go with another GF to an earth day benefit. It's called Runaway Runway and it's a fashion show of clothes from recycled things. Last night a woman was out promoting it and she had on a dress of artificial leaves. She got the leaves from dumpster diving behind a craft store. I was impressed.

There was a good bit of free wine offered last night. I noticed my friend didn't drink any. One gallery was exceptionally good because it was a showing of the artists who rent space there had their "rooms" open. Being in their space and seeing their works in progress and chatting with them was really cool.

DG I wish we could all come to your party!! We are one big cyber hug happening, you know! :l

Lav, you keep on loving yourself, thank goodness you are a good solid AF. :l

Hope everyone has a great AF day! It is so wonderful to go out and do things without fear.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Helloooooooooo Greenie & all to come. I'm loving getting out and about more too (the weather helps). I've reconnected (without even knowing about Mercury!) with my cycle group after the long, cold winter and will be going on rides on some Sundays for the next few months. And I've got my eye on a badminton group to join! I'm the least *sporty* person but I'm really enjoying getting involved in more sport.

Talking of which, I had my first experience of the lunchtime crowd at the lido today. In the mornings before work everyone is quite serious, going up and down to get their exercise in. At lunchtime, there were some tables and chairs out on a concrete area at one end of the pool, a little cafe open that I hadn't noticed before and people lying on their towels and sunbathing. Great! (Much too cold for ME to sunbathe yet :H).

Lav - I hope you're leaning on friends and family.

DG - your open house will be great! What time should the Ab Fabbers arrive?

Pamina - I hope you get a flight soon! One of my colleagues has been stuck in Hong Kong for over a week now and can't get a flight back until the beginning of May. But he's managed to find a bit a of temporary work while he's there :H I bet he'll have some great stories when he gets back.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Your life seems so interesting, greenie. Wouldn't it be so fun if we could all get together?

I will be traveling to a neighbor county this weekend with my son for a 4-h shooting sports leader training. I will be learning how to coach archery. It would sound a lot more interesting if I wasn't coming down with a sore throat/sinus deal, and it wasn't cold and rainy with a chance of snow.:upset:
      But it will be an ok time to spend time learning this stuff while it is too cold and wet to do any garden prep or yard work.
      I've started back at the cemetery for the summer--this may explain my sinus issues. I love working there where no one bothers me. My son is working with me and I'm hoping it can turn into a full time summer job for him in the years to come.

I'm still trying hard to keep the good feelings going from my weekend in the mountains, but it does take a little extra effort! One thing I keep telling myself about my life with a drinking spouse, is that at least he's not a bum. He's not at the bar, or in his chair, he likes to come home from work, and then......work. But always with beer. Once in awhile he hangs out with us, but usually falls asleep in his chair. It could be worse, and he is still a great guy.

I better get busy. Lots to do as I took a nap yesterday.
      Have a great weekend all!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Hi Marshy!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Hi LVT!
          sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Hi Karen, LVT, Marshy, and all to come.

That is all.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

yeah, good old mercury. im getting back in touch with friends. when i was drinking i didnt want to see anyone much and im sure they didnt want to spend time with the drunken bum that i had become. ive just been for a lovely doggy walk with a friend and it was so nice. i really feel im getting my life back at last
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Morning all, enjoyed reading all the upbeat posts here. Feeling a little weepy this morning, first time feeling like this.....have lots on the go today though so I am sure this should pass too. Also "meeting" up with really good old friends today too! Theme of the day.
                On day 5 AF heading into the weekend, need to keep busy. Have a great day all!
                AF since April 19, 2010
                NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Good morning all,

LVT--your description of your husband sounds like my dad (who was over 20 years sober when he died). He was a quiet man...worked all day but as soon as he came home, he opened up a beer and then finished off with scotch before he nodded off for the night. I have memories of hearing him unscrew the cap of the scotch bottle late at night while I was lying in bed.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

M3, there's a lot of people like that. Functional alcoholics I think is the term. I believe I was like that for a long time before before I crossed over into full blown picklehood.

Great walk with the friend. She said she was so happy that when she gave me a few choices (breakfast, lunch, walk) about getting together I picked the walk without hesitation. We plan to do more. She asked about someone we both know. That person's sister was worried about the lifestyle of the sibling. I have recently let my relationship with that couple fade because, well... I guess it was time. They are good people, but I don't remember when I've seen them "normal". It quit feeling like a relationship and wasn't how I wanted to spend my time. Thanks for listening... as I think now I'm at the place where I think I need to mourn it a little. And that's OK. I'm grateful to be able to see these things.

Yo cindi!!!

Shout out to spuddle and daybyday! Stick around!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

daybyday;841898 wrote: Morning all, enjoyed reading all the upbeat posts here. Feeling a little weepy this morning, first time feeling like this.....have lots on the go today though so I am sure this should pass too. Also "meeting" up with really good old friends today too! Theme of the day.
                      On day 5 AF heading into the weekend, need to keep busy. Have a great day all!
                      :welcome:

Yes, it WILL pass. Emotions can go a bit haywire for a while. Come and vent about them - that'll keep you busy at the weekend!
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Hello all you Ab Fabbers!

Yeah!!! It's Friday!!! It has been a very long work week and I am quite happy to have a few days off! Of course I am waiting for the call from my daughter that our little "Luke" is coming into the world!! Her due date is 7 days away!

Greenie, I never knew about the reconnection thing during the Mercury retrograde....very interesting! Thanks for sharing that!

Welcome daybyday! Nice to meet you!

DG....wish you much success for your party!!

Life is so much richer with so much more depth and definitely more beautiful living sober!!!

xxx Kate
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Hello everyone! Very special thanks to all of your for wishing me well for this party!! All Fabbie Abbies are welcome! You may come early and stay late, or come and go as you please!

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts and "reconnecting" with all of you here. We'll see what other reconnections are being cooked up by the incredible universe!!

Well, I'm as ready as I will ever be so I'm going to head to bed. Until tomorrow!

Daybyday, it's awesome to have you posting with us on AF Daily. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Do whatever it takes to have a sober weekend one day at a time. :l

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/23

Alooooooha Friday ABeroooos!

hoping all you fabulous AF'ers have a super fun AF'ing weekend

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X