Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Rainy Morning Abberooooo!

April showers......wasn't what I had planned today! The Congaree National Swamp is having Nature Fest today. Another annual earth day thing. I planned to put the top down, drive there early the long way, etc. But. it's not to be. That's OK. I'll go another time and take little doggie. There are lots of trails and boardwalks. They even have midnight owl watches - tours on the boardwalks in the swamp. That would be cool, but I'm afraid I'd have midnight misery as that is way past greenie's bedtime. I'm really glad it's raining. We need it. And I shift gears so easily now being AF. Everything is an opportunity to me. No more opportunities to drink - opportunities to do and live! Gee, I could even go to the gym! REALLY wish I could go to the DG party!

So, last night's extravaganza.... was a riot! There were 48 entries!! I stand corrected about the woman in the dress of leaves - they came from the cemetary dumpster. Her entry was a dress of flowers - but it was accompanied on the runway by a buff dude in a thong flinging fake flower petals into the audience. WHOA!!! The BEST part was the drag show performance by 5 trannies at the beginning of the show. AND the hostess was Lady Chablis (Midnight in the Garden of Evil). Fun stuff! This was a fundraiser for the city design league and the art museum so while I was expecting it to be on the rowdy side I was pretty suprised!

Make the most of your AF day and be happy!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Good Morning!
    OMG! That fashion show sounds like tones of fun! I would have loved to have seen Lady Chablis....Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of my favorite movies!

Yes, I would love to crash DG's party!! Too much fun!! Break a Leg today DG!!

We have snow mixed with rain today...typical rocky mtn, spring! I am running to Costco, need to buy supplies to take to my daughters when the baby arrives! I have a weeks worth of menus planned! Then I am back to working on the Never Ending Closet project! Tonight we are going to watch our Avatar DVD!! We loved it at the IMAX!

Greenie, and All to come! Have a great day!
    xxx Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Just wanted to pop in and wish DoggyGirl good luck on her party-
      and say that fashion show sounds like a hoot Greenie.
      Hi Kate- and all to come
      Have a good weekend..
      Still lurking...

-Sheep

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Hi Greenie & Kate & all to come,

I love drag shows! Good fun.
        Kate, is this your first grandchild?

Well, I've cleaned behind my ears and shaved my knuckles ready for DG's par-tay. Just six more hours to go at work and I'm on my way.

I almost got roped into doing a marathon this morning! It's the London Marathon tomorrow and I always love watching it (WATCHING being the operative word), and I was talking to a friend who has done a marathon and she was trying to persuade me to do one with her next year. For about three seconds I thought "yeah!". Then remembered that I've never run further than catching a bus.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Hi Sheepy!

Marshy.....have you ever thought of starting the "Catching the Bus" marathon!!!

This will be my 3rd grandchild, I have two granddaughters by my oldest son, Natalie (4) and Dawn (6, almost 7) these girls are so amazing!.....My daughter and her husband are expecting a boy, Luke, any day!

xxx
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Good afternoon Abbers,

Sun here, for the time being. Greenie's rain will be here tomorrow, oh well.

I am half way through a book called 'The Emotionally Unavailable Man' A Blueprint for Healing by Patti Henry, M.Ed., L.P.C. - I didn't know she knew my husband so well!!! OMG, this book is all about him.......... very insightful!
            As soon as I finish that book I have 'Radical Forgiveness' by Colin Tipping waiting on my Kindle for me. Boy, I am looking forward to getting into that. Thank you to the most wonderful Greenie for that suggestion

I too hope DG's party is a success!

Marshy, hope work wasn't too bad for you. I worked every other weekend, Saturday & Sundy for near 30 years.

Kate, I just love my grandson.......hope to have another one or two in the future

Hi Sheepish, happy lurking!

Wishing everyone a wonderfully AF Saturday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

greeneyes;842444 wrote: Rainy Morning Abberooooo!

April showers......wasn't what I had planned today! The Congaree National Swamp is having Nature Fest today. Another annual earth day thing. I planned to put the top down, drive there early the long way, etc. But. it's not to be. That's OK. I'll go another time and take little doggie. There are lots of trails and boardwalks. They even have midnight owl watches - tours on the boardwalks in the swamp. That would be cool, but I'm afraid I'd have midnight misery as that is way past greenie's bedtime. I'm really glad it's raining. We need it. And I shift gears so easily now being AF. Everything is an opportunity to me. No more opportunities to drink - opportunities to do and live! Gee, I could even go to the gym! REALLY wish I could go to the DG party!

So, last night's extravaganza.... was a riot! There were 48 entries!! I stand corrected about the woman in the dress of leaves - they came from the cemetary dumpster. Her entry was a dress of flowers - but it was accompanied on the runway by a buff dude in a thong flinging fake flower petals into the audience. WHOA!!! The BEST part was the drag show performance by 5 trannies at the beginning of the show. AND the hostess was Lady Chablis (Midnight in the Garden of Evil). Fun stuff! This was a fundraiser for the city design league and the art museum so while I was expecting it to be on the rowdy side I was pretty suprised!

Make the most of your AF day and be happy!
              Chablis!!! You saw the Lady Chablis!! Lord, that would be fun. Glued to the TV weather station now, watching the weather. Think I'll sleep UNDER the house tonight.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

BTW, Greenie, did you happen to see in the news where 2 idiot carjackers jacked a car, then had to call a buddy for help 'cause they couldn't drive a stick shift??
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

happy late checkin ABeroooos!

wow, These Greeneyes parties are all the rage and I can see why. yikes!

Ruby the foiled carjackers is too funny. very recently there was an attempted Bus-jacking in Houston TX but it was foiled by an armed citizen. the aggressor was on PCP and was on a spree of destruction so no telling how much damage he would have done with that bus full of people. naturally you won't see that story on the news....oh well.

ok, I don't know who Lady Chablis is....somebody toss me a bone...

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sat 4/24

Det, Midnight in the garden of good and evil is a book/movie based on a true murder story in Savannah, GA. In the book, Lady Chablis is (and was) a male tranny prostitute who now is a.... showgirl? And quite a character.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                    X