AF April ~ 2010 ~ last 5 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile sense I checked in. I'm still AF and still fighting the good fight. I wanted to wish our Miss Dilly bird a very Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day my friend!!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I hope everyone else is doing well. I miss you all.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Lil, great to see you You sound good!
        Whose birthday is it??? I think I may have missed something..........

Wishing a terrific AF Thursday to one & all!
        Have we come up with a nane for the May thread yet????
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello from me as we are nearing the end of April, and a rare post from here as my vision is still not cooperating with the computer. Against my surgeon?s advice I tried glasses yesterday (bought two pair of funny looking bargain basement ones, one for distance and the other for reading) and they indeed made me remarkably dizzy. It is unfortunate that I no longer am drawn to a blurry, distorted, tipped over world or I may have had better luck. I really hate to write about something else that has been going on other than to say it involved a major systemic allergic reaction to a medication I was taking for the pressure in my eye caused by scaring from the surgery (blah, blah, blah, fill in the verses, just a whimpering asthmatic litany of poop). I am better but I am not sure what?s coming next. A good thing is that I seem to have learned my lesson and not turned to alcohol. I thank you each very much for what you have taught me.

I had a good time at lunch with our marathoner Shelley yesterday, I am really glad she chose to do whatever was necessary to give up alcohol as this town was in for a wry treat and she is adorable. And from what Lil said in an earlier post today, it seems it is your birthday, Dill? If so I wish you the best today and all year; I am personally very glad you were born. So it is farewell from me at least for a while, I am going to limit my computer posting to paying bills and short email. Hold tight, Red, Sooty, Chill, Lav, Rusty, Cyn, Spuddle, Mandalay, Lode, et. al. I am really happy not be drinking right now and I would have been. I love you. Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

LBH - Its so lovely to hear from you! What is the expected improvement on your sight? It seems like we are all being challenged with senarios which could make us say "F**k it" and drink but we are proving to be made of stronger stuff!

Dill - :bday7:

Lav - Thank you for the reminder, I completely forgot we need a MAY name and fast!!!
            "May we always be sober!","May-Day!", "May Mischief", "Mighty May" "May-be something..."
            "Darling buds of May" was the British TV series which discovered Cathrine Zeta Jones
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Thanks Lil, and everyone else for the birthday greetings. Yes, it is my second 29th birthday! (You do the math!)

LBH, wonderful to hear from you. So sorry you have had such health struggles of late. You are in my thoughts daily.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Chill, I like your titles, especially, the "May we be sober." I would like to suggest , in honor of LBH and her wonderful signature line, we name the May thread: "May we be well." or something along that line.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

:bday7: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DILL!

OMG, my head has been up my butt the past 2 weeks - I didn't realize you were the birthday girl. Hope you had a great day

I kind of like Chill's suggestion for 'May we be sober'........has a nice ring to it!

Absolutely nothing new with me, just doing all I can to maintain my sanity.

LBH, sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. Good thing you are such a strong, young bird

Wishing everyone a comfy night.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Birthday Dill!!:l:h Hope you have a great day, something fun planned with someone you love.

LBH, so sorry to hear you are struggling so. It is understandable that you need a break but we will miss you.

Chill, thanks for thinking of May, the beautiful Month of May. May we be Sober sounds great to me. The main thing is we keep this thread going! You are right, we have all had stuff happen to us, despite our AF efforts, life gets in the way.

I am finally feeling my normal self after that illness took me down last weekend. What a week, I am so happy it is Friday. No special plans but just to be home and able to do what I want and get some stuff done. I hope the weather is cooperative. The pattern here has been nice all week, rain on the weekend. So, makes it hard to get stuff done.

Sending everyone strength and hope.
                    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

:HHello lovely folk, I only now realised that I didn't post yesterday and I most heartily apologise cos I didn't wish Dill a happy birthday - so I'm doing it now HAPPY BIRTHDAY DILL

I managed to drive a short distance yesterday so that made me feel a bit better and I went to choir - where we sang I Will Survive - the conductor kept telling us to do it "with attitude" (so you can guess who I was thinking about) but I sang it for all of us cos I'm so proud of us all.

I hope everyone has a sober Friday, definitely no alcohol will be consumed by this Sooty today!

Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK and needless to say the weather has turned cold, wet and windy!
                      Loads of love
                      Sooty
                      ps - no Dill I didn't break anything thank goodness - my osteopath did say that it was a good thing that I had some "padding" otherwise I may well have done .... so at last I can feel grateful for being rather plump
                      :H:H:H

Comment

Good morning April friends - soon to be May friends

Red, glad to hear you are feeling better!

Sooty - was that Lavan-itude you were singing with in choir yesterday? Huh?
                        Glad you are recovering as well.

Well, we have a streak of nice weather going on around here. I'm spending as much time outside as possible. I will be taking a ride with my daughter tommorow to visit some of the cute towns on the Eastern shore of Maryland. Supposed to be quite warm & sunny so lunch somewhere on the water sounds good.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone

Hard to believe that it is the last day of April. Nothing too exciting planned for the week-end. Going to spend most of it in the garden, weather permitting.

Enjoy your day tomorrow Lav, you deserve it. Big hello to everyone else and have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                          X