Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time on the section

Hi

Has been suggested I come here as I am going for the 30 days Abstinence. Had trouble getting past day 5 and I am now nearing the end of day 9.

I have an outline of a bottle drawn on a piece of paper, inside the bottle is a ladder with 30rungs. I laminated this and made some smiley faces. Mine will be on rung 9 tonight when I go to bed. Hubby is going for moderation so his smiley face sits at the bottom of the bottle. He is fine with cutting down so that is OK for him.

I also did a sad face and if I 'fall' off my ladder the sad face sits at the rung I made it too until I catch up again. Know what I am not starting day one again so I have no choice but to commit, and I am loving waking up not hung over.

Now I have suitably bored you all I am going to have some ice cream and later a hot chocolate.

Thanx

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Hi QQ,

I remember your ladder! You're making great progress. There are a couple of threads in this section that you'd be very welcome on for regular support - the AF daily and the AF April. No, I have no idea what the difference is :H, just different people I spose.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

QQ great job on making your own tool! Just think you are nearly a third there.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Great job QQ! Love your ladder idea. Also love your chocolate idea.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X